All Things Gophers Basketball 2017 Recruiting Thread

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Man this 2017 class in the state is awfully impressive. Probably not quite as good at the top as the 2014 Class with Jones, Travis, Vaughn (if he still counts as one of us) and Macura but it looks like even after Trent who is a top-15 guy, there are 5 or 6 guys that could be top-150ish type recruits.

John, Wright, Mar, Reuvers and Sims all have at least a handful of high-major offers from legit teams. It's crazy how deep this class is.

Hope we can get a third scholarship and pick up a few of these guys.

Man this 2017 class in the state is awfully impressive. Probably not quite as good at the top as the 2014 Class with Jones, Travis, Vaughn (if he still counts as one of us) and Macura but it looks like even after Trent who is a top-15 guy, there are 5 or 6 guys that could be top-150ish type recruits.

John, Wright, Mar, Reuvers and Sims all have at least a handful of high-major offers from legit teams. It's crazy how deep this class is.

Hope we can get a third scholarship and pick up a few of these guys.

There are more than that with high-major offers: Brad Davison, Ishmael El-Amin and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.

Go Gophers!!

I bet we have a commit in this class before the end of the summer, if not sooner. With only two open scholarships and 5 local kids holding offers, no one is going to be able to slow play us this year, at least if they are serious about staying home.

I bet we have a commit in this class before the end of the summer, if not sooner. With only two open scholarships and 5 local kids holding offers, no one is going to be able to slow play us this year, at least if they are serious about staying home.

Nobody slow plays a team with our record. They look elsewhere.

I think a lot of these kids would love to slow play us so that they can see how the team performs next season before making a decision. They probably won't have that luxury though.

GameDay have you heard anything that gives you an idea as to who the top targets are among the Gopher offers especially with regard to the local kids?

I wonder what Notre Dame is waiting for. He'll be a perfect fit. Great player who really really wants to play for your team.
See if they can get someone ready to contribute immediately. Reuvers is a twig, he could use a year in the weight room redshirting, no matter where he goes

Go Gophers!!

Lance Thomas would be great, but not getting my hopes up on landing a Georgia kid with Florida and Miami offers (among others) at this point in our program.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZbGBOeLojp4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I believe Jericho is taking an unofficial tomorrow and Theo will be in later this month.

Still need to offer Davison though. Get on it Pitino!!!!

Realistically though, my perfect class would be Wright, Davison and John.

In my opinion Wright is the top priority. Then either Sims or John...or both!! :)

In my opinion Wright is the top priority. Then either Sims or John...or both!! :)

Agreed I say make room for all three, as much as I want Pitino to succeed here it's foolish to not realize his situation here, I am of the belief that instate guys are less likely to bail if there's a coaching change on their commitment, doesn't hurt that all three of them are top 150 type talents either

Agreed I say make room for all three, as much as I want Pitino to succeed here it's foolish to not realize his situation here, I am of the belief that instate guys are less likely to bail if there's a coaching change on their commitment, doesn't hurt that all three of them are top 150 type talents either

Whether Pitino stays or goes- one thing I am very impressed by with him is how recruits come away with a very positive vibe from he and his staff. If he ever gets past the negatives and starts winning- he will roll in the recruits.

Whether Pitino stays or goes- one thing I am very impressed by with him is how recruits come away with a very positive vibe from he and his staff. If he ever gets past the negatives and starts winning- he will roll in the recruits.

I agree, I think recruiting is a strength of his, and this should be a year where that starts to payoff as he will have a roster that's completely his of guys he brought into the program. Team stays healthy and out of trouble there's no reason they can't be a middle of the pack team battling for a tourney spot. Especially if Lynch can play

I knew a lot of kids who liked teachers that supplied the beer. [emoji482] [emoji481] [emoji41]

I knew a lot of kids who liked teachers that supplied the beer. [emoji482] [emoji481] [emoji41]

Let's hope that nothing is being provided here.... So far beer has not been the issue.

I believe Jericho is taking an unofficial tomorrow and Theo will be in later this month.

Still need to offer Davison though. Get on it Pitino!!!!

Realistically though, my perfect class would be Wright, Davison and John.

Davison offer is contigent on Wright signing elsewhere. The Tre Jones injury has been a blessing in disguise for his recruitment as teams are now seeing he can run the point at that level. IMO, getting him or Wright would be a coup. Davison could be a top 50-75 kid by the end of the summer. Could be tough to be out the likes of a Stanford, Cal, NC State, etc for his services.

Watched John extensively this weekend and he's just too much of a project offensively for me, although he's a physical specimen. Would much rather have Sims.

Haven't seen Wright play.

Have seen Davison play, though. Was very impressed. Gamer. Would hate to lose him.

I don't think we need both Davison and Wright.

I don't think both are mutually exclusive. Wright is more of a pure point guard while Davison is more of a combo guard who can play off the ball as well as run the point. The biggest reason I want Davison is because of his shooting ability.

Davison offer is contigent on Wright signing elsewhere. The Tre Jones injury has been a blessing in disguise for his recruitment as teams are now seeing he can run the point at that level. IMO, getting him or Wright would be a coup. Davison could be a top 50-75 kid by the end of the summer. Could be tough to be out the likes of a Stanford, Cal, NC State, etc for his services.

Watched John extensively this weekend and he's just too much of a project offensively for me, although he's a physical specimen. Would much rather have Sims.

Sims is a project offensively as well. If he wasn't, he'd be a very highly rated recruit because he has elite athleticism. With Konate and Lynch set to be Seniors in 2017, and the also the uncertainty with Lynch's status, we really need a Center in the next recruiting class. I see John being able to play the 5 right away.

Same goes for people who have seen his practices and how he works with the players. I remember listening to the Gopher radio announcers talking about how Pitino runs his program. They both said it is obvious that he can coach basketball and that the practices are very organize and they spend a lot of time improving individual skills. They were both very impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom