All Things 2016 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Here's Mamadou Diarra (2016) and Hamidou Diallo (2017) going through a workout, Gophers reportedly have offered both.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4ro7gUy4QOQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Go Gophers!!

Pitino's new recruiting strategy - we only go after kids with names that Sid Hartman cannot pronounce

Looks like we visited a JUCO today - not sure if this is for 2015 or 2016:

Go Gophers!!

per Amelia's Q&A, not sure why she has Coffey at DLS:

@MiNRanger: @AmeliaRayno Are there offers out for the 2016 class?

Of course: recruiting is a never-ending chase. Long before the 2015 class was complete, coach Richard Pitino and Co. were looking ahead. The most notable offers for the 2016 class right now are DeLaSalle big guard Amir Coffey (ranked 45th nationally per rivals.com), fellow locals Michael Hurt (ranked 145th, wing from Rochester) and Brock Bertram (unranked power forward from Apple Valley) and California center Jayce Johnson.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/277904941.html

Go Gophers!!

per Amelia's Q&A, not sure why she has Coffey at DLS:

@MiNRanger: @AmeliaRayno Are there offers out for the 2016 class?

Of course: recruiting is a never-ending chase. Long before the 2015 class was complete, coach Richard Pitino and Co. were looking ahead. The most notable offers for the 2016 class right now are DeLaSalle big guard Amir Coffey (ranked 45th nationally per rivals.com), fellow locals Michael Hurt (ranked 145th, wing from Rochester) and Brock Bertram (unranked power forward from Apple Valley) and California center Jayce Johnson.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/277904941.html

Go Gophers!!

Have we actually offered Bertram?

Have we actually offered Bertram?

I was wondering that as well. I thought Texas Tech was his only major conference offer. Based on what I've seen, I would be surprised if Minnesota has offered.

I was wondering that as well. I thought Texas Tech was his only major conference offer. Based on what I've seen, I would be surprised if Minnesota has offered.

Amelia is incorrect. We have not offered Bertram.

Go Gophers!!

I could see Betram getting an offer with a little more development, also could be a way to try and lure some of those good Apple Valley Gaurds to the Barn (i.e. Trent Jr , The young Jones brother).

As for Amelia's accurancy challenges, I'll blame the in-flight Woodford Reserve Bourbon. I just like hearing about the Gophs, She's all good in my book.

I could see Betram getting an offer with a little more development, also could be a way to try and lure some of those good Apple Valley Gaurds to the Barn (i.e. Trent Jr , The young Jones brother).

As for Amelia's accurancy challenges, I'll blame the in-flight Woodford Reserve Bourbon. I just like hearing about the Gophs, She's all good in my book.

When people talk about Pitino recruiting players that fit his system, Bertram is about the prototypical guy that does not fit what he wants to do. Not saying that Brock isn't a good player, but he is a lane clogger. There's a reason we are recruiting the east coast for more athletic bigs.

Amelia is fine when she is covering the actual games and team news, but when it comes to recruiting she is about worthless in my opinion. I'm not usually one to call her out for grammar and weird sentence structure like others, but when she's messing up facts that's a whole different story.

When people talk about Pitino recruiting players that fit his system, Bertram is about the prototypical guy that does not fit what he wants to do. Not saying that Brock isn't a good player, but he is a lane clogger. There's a reason we are recruiting the east coast for more athletic bigs.

He's much more athletic now than he was a year ago, he would have a ways to go but I wouldn't close that door just yet.

I believe THESCOUT! begs to differ - unless he's changed his tune

Maybe he's slowly started to realize he was wrong, but you never know with that guy. Probably still thinks we should/will offer.

Amelia is fine when she is covering the actual games and team news, but when it comes to recruiting she is about worthless in my opinion. I'm not usually one to call her out for grammar and weird sentence structure like others, but when she's messing up facts that's a whole different story.

She messes up way to often. Way below average at her position.

Two Scholarships 2016

Why would Michael Hurt be waiting? If we could get Coffey or any other four or 5 star player
to say yes, is Hurt still in the mix? Say, some other top 50 player commits and Coffey expresses
interest but is undecided...will Hurt's offer be there and we shut Coffey out? Two scholarship openings does not leave much flexibility to pursue out of state 4 & 5 star guys.

I know Hurt is highly rated but I have also seen him play several times and the comparison of Coffey
and Hurt is not a close call for me. But we are chasing Hurt...so these must be our two overwhelming and only primary targets?

Why would Michael Hurt be waiting? If we could get Coffey or any other four or 5 star player
to say yes, is Hurt still in the mix? Say, some other top 50 player commits and Coffey expresses
interest but is undecided...will Hurt's offer be there and we shut Coffey out? Two scholarship openings does not leave much flexibility to pursue out of state 4 & 5 star guys.

I know Hurt is highly rated but I have also seen him play several times and the comparison of Coffey
and Hurt is not a close call for me. But we are chasing Hurt...so these must be our two overwhelming and only primary targets?

At the rate in which we cut players here on the gopherhole..... We'll have 4 scholarships for that class.

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom