All Things 2016 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Since it's not mentioned in the tweet, this is referring specifically to Scout's rankings. From what I can tell, Rivals and 247 have not changed.

Do we have any shot at Center Jordy Tshimanga or with the events of the last 2 weeks is that a stupid question? He's supposed to choose at 7am tomorrow between Minnesota, UNLV and Nebraska.

Do we have any shot at Center Jordy Tshimanga or with the events of the last 2 weeks is that a stupid question? He's supposed to choose at 7am tomorrow between Minnesota, UNLV and Nebraska.

Interesting. Not sure what scholarship we have for him?

I've tried to figure this out and haven't gotten any concrete answers. One thing to keep in mind is that Jordy went on his visit to UNLV with his brother Link Kabadyundi. If UNLV were to offer both, I would assume that's where Jordy would end up.

according to Brian Rosenthal from Lincoln Journal Star, JT has committed to Nebraska (Tweeted)

Figured it wouldn't be Minnesota. There was really no mention about it from the locals.

Go Gophers!!

Do we have any open scholarships left? Did Buggs decide to stay? I would be nice to add another big, seems like our frontcourt is going to be the weak link this year and probably in the future as well.

Do we have any open scholarships left? Did Buggs decide to stay? I would be nice to add another big, seems like our frontcourt is going to be the weak link this year and probably in the future as well.

This depends on Lynch, 2 years of the better of him/Konate at C and Murphy/Curry at the 4? I am not worried about our front court if Lynch isn't charged.

Go Gophers!!

Really cool that LeBron showed up for the signing ceremony in his USA jersey. He looks smaller than I anticipated.

per Sid:

The Gophers have one more scholarship, and if they want to have a contending team next year, there are some pretty good players still out there who would add a lot to the team.

http://www.startribune.com/former-gophers-star-mychal-thompson-is-proud-nervous-father/381595851/

Go Gophers!!

Like who Sid? Pretty much all of the good high school kids are all signed by now, and I looked over the grad transfer list that John Goodman put together and it looks like slim pickings to me.

Curry looks to have a Big Ten frame.

We brought in some summer workers from the local high schools that are these kids age. Now I'm not old by any means, but it's been 10+ years since I was the age of graduating seniors from high school. Damn that Hurt boy looks young.

Lot of height and length in that group. It's not often, I'd imagine, Amir Coffey looks that small. Without a frame of reference otherwise, I'd guess the kid on the right is 5'3".

Imagine how Richard would look next to them

I believe the kid on the right is 6'4"! Why are we interested in 5'11" McCabe?

I believe the kid on the right is 6'4"! Why are we interested in 5'11" McCabe?

I'm sure for lots of reasons but the fact he can shoot should make anyone happy. He is projected to grow taller. He has interest from tough guy coaches in West Virginia and Texas...that tells me he competes.
He has interest from Gonzaga, that tells me he can score. He has interest from Stanford, that tells me his academics are in order. Just a couple reasons why...

Lot of height and length in that group. It's not often, I'd imagine, Amir Coffey looks that small. Without a frame of reference otherwise, I'd guess the kid on the right is 5'3".

My first thought when looking at that tweet as well. That looks like it could be a Badger recruiting class - size and skill.

I hope that isn't a barbeque at Richard's house! Or maybe we do.

Length

247 Has Eric Curry as 6-8 210. I predict 6-9 220 on the gopher roster. Coffey at 6-7 180, I'll guess 6-8 190. Hurt 6-6 190, I'll go with 6-7 190. Length on the wing should not be an issue next year for the first time in forever.

Top Bottom