All Things 2016 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread

Perhaps Piper in 2016 as a Junior?

Here is an interesting name for 2016 that I don't believe has been brought up yet: Sagaba Konate. Sagaba is Bakary's brother and is a 6'8 PF who is averaging 19/10/3 blocks for Kennedy Catholic (PA). Pittsburgh is the first school to offer him, here's an article: http://www.cardiachill.com/2015/2/2...tsburgh-panthers-jamie-dixon-kennedy-catholic

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MiCgma97fmc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is an interesting name for 2016 that I don't believe has been brought up yet: Sagaba Konate. Sagaba is Bakary's brother and is a 6'8 PF who is averaging 19/10/3 blocks for Kennedy Catholic (PA). Pittsburgh is the first school to offer him, here's an article: http://www.cardiachill.com/2015/2/2...tsburgh-panthers-jamie-dixon-kennedy-catholic

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MiCgma97fmc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow-that was quite an athletic alley oop. Go get him Richard!

Anyone watched Ade Lamu from St. Croix Lutheran play? I caught the New Life Academy vs St Croix game last night and saw the kid play. He's a 6'5" kid who can jump out of the gym. Extremely athletic, but rather lazy when he doesn't have a chance to dunk the ball. His athleticism is worthy of someone taking a look at the kid. If a coach could get the kid to work hard on both ends of the court, the kid would have the potential to be something special. In any case, I saw him play and I thought I'd toss the name out there for others to comment on.

Anyone watched Ade Lamu from St. Croix Lutheran play? I caught the New Life Academy vs St Croix game last night and saw the kid play. He's a 6'5" kid who can jump out of the gym. Extremely athletic, but rather lazy when he doesn't have a chance to dunk the ball. His athleticism is worthy of someone taking a look at the kid. If a coach could get the kid to work hard on both ends of the court, the kid would have the potential to be something special. In any case, I saw him play and I thought I'd toss the name out there for others to comment on.

Heard of the name before mentioned on twitter here and there, but haven't ever seen him play or anything

has a long,long way to go to play D1. UW stevens point is on him pretty hard !

has a long,long way to go to play D1. UW stevens point is on him pretty hard !

Yes, he has a lazy streak that wouldn't endear him to a power 5 school. But, he has natural athleticism that you can't teach. Any coach who can harness that and point it in the right direction will have a solid ballplayer on his hands. I was mostly wondering if some of the mid-major/lower D1 schools might have shown interest. He seems like a project that some coach might take a chance on just because he has such an athletic upside to him. I appreciate your input. The kid has one more year of high school so it will be interesting to see if he moves up beyond the D3 ranks. If the kid gets serious about working on his game rather than just trying to jump over everyone, he's got a good chance to move up to some D1 school.

I had kind of given up on Goodin, but just saw that he RT'd GopherHole's tweet. Not sure we need a PG in the 2016 class, but no way we'd say no to him with his offer list.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I had kind of given up on Goodin, but just saw that he RT'd GopherHole's tweet. Not sure we need a PG in the 2016 class, but no way we'd say no to him with his offer list.

Combo guard with good size. Can be a 1/2 combo in college. Can't see Minnesota getting him, but would be incredibly impressive if they did.

Making his top 5 would be fun, but I won't get excited about him until he signs on the dotted line. We aren't at a level where we can lock up recruits like that. Especially with Dorsey, Johnson, and Mason on the roster.

Making his top 5 would be fun, but I won't get excited about him until he signs on the dotted line. We aren't at a level where we can lock up recruits like that. Especially with Dorsey, Johnson, and Mason on the roster.

Agree, if you clicked on the link it seems like in the end Louisville will probably snag him

Goodin goes to the same HS that Campbellsville legend Clem The Gem went to and it looks like The Gem was at Goodin's game this week:

Go Gophers!!

I think we could find a roster spot for this junior PG

Go Gophers!!

Duke or Kansas all the way and Matt Coleman to UVA

I'd give this freestyle a 4/10. Flow is tight, rhymes are good, but content is confusing and garbled in a way that hasn't worked for anybody since ODB. Further points are docked for a username that reps the least hip-hop school of all time.

I'd give this freestyle a 4/10. Flow is tight, rhymes are good, but content is confusing and garbled in a way that hasn't worked for anybody since ODB. Further points are docked for a username that reps the least hip-hop school of all time.

Coo Coo Cal is from Wisconsin?

Coo Coo Cal is from Wisconsin?

This thread turned into a discussion of obscure Wisconsin rappers and their inferiority to the Twin Cities hip hop scene so gradually, I didn't even notice it happening. Frog in boiling water effect, really.

Who is he? Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom