All Things 2016 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread

There is some buzz that Fred may become the Timberwolves coach. Glen likes him and Flip does too except he likes coaching too and sees a bright future for the club. Anybody heard how he's doing after open heart surgery?

I think Amir depends how well he plays in July.

The interest Amir has with Iowa state is Fred as I'm sure we all figured, with that being said, According to someone I know who is VERY CLOSE to the Iowa State program, ISU fully expects Fred to receive and accept a head coaching offer from the Chicago Bulls in the coming weeks that they have already compiled a list of possible replacement. This ultimately will take them out of the running for Amir and many other recruits. Does this mean he comes to Minnesota? No, but are chances with him are much better than most think.

Well someone has had this site up for a while:

http://hashoibergleft.com/

There is some buzz that Fred may become the Timberwolves coach. Glen likes him and Flip does too except he likes coaching too and sees a bright future for the club. Anybody heard how he's doing after open heart surgery?

I think Amir depends how well he plays in July.

I could the Timberwolves being a more attractive job now than the Bulls. Wiggins + Towns/Okafor and Rubio etc, over a fragile Rose who allegedly does not get along with Jimmy Butler, an aging Noah and Gibson, and an old Gasol.

I could the Timberwolves being a more attractive job now than the Bulls. Wiggins + Towns/Okafor and Rubio etc, over a fragile Rose who allegedly does not get along with Jimmy Butler, an aging Noah and Gibson, and an old Gasol.

Please, all it takes is 4 years to cycle through an NBA roster of contracts. You can recruit to Chicago, you cannot recruit to Minneapolis. Minnesota's "good job" status is only as long as those rookie contracts last.

Please, all it takes is 4 years to cycle through an NBA roster of contracts.

I don't think that's how it works nowadays. When the Wolves traded for Wiggins, knowledgeable people were saying we basically control him for a minimum of 7 years. With Love, the mistake was not giving him the max extension (well, maybe it wasn't a mistake).

No way is the Bulls job better than the Wolves at this point, IMO. That team is a sinking ship.

I don't think that's how it works nowadays. When the Wolves traded for Wiggins, knowledgeable people were saying we basically control him for a minimum of 7 years. With Love, the mistake was not giving him the max extension (well, maybe it wasn't a mistake).

No way is the Bulls job better than the Wolves at this point, IMO. That team is a sinking ship.

K, so maybe my statement about the rookie contracts last 7 years, I don't know how that exactly works, doesn't matter. But the Bulls are still the Bulls, and you can essentially recruit talent or trade away bad contracts as quickly as you need to. The Rose contract could be a problem, especially if he has personality conflicts with other players and or stars. But to say the TWolves job is better than the Bulls in my opinion is a stretch, if anything the TWolves is an intriguing job due to the young talent, while the Bulls is still a destination job.

K, so maybe my statement about the rookie contracts last 7 years, I don't know how that exactly works, doesn't matter. But the Bulls are still the Bulls, and you can essentially recruit talent or trade away bad contracts as quickly as you need to. The Rose contract could be a problem, especially if he has personality conflicts with other players and or stars. But to say the TWolves job is better than the Bulls in my opinion is a stretch, if anything the TWolves is an intriguing job due to the young talent, while the Bulls is still a destination job.

Hahahha, What?! So you admit you dont have a clue what you are talking about, but the Bulls are the Bulls so thats all that matters. Doh'k.

Let's keep this on 2016 recruiting and not NBA coaching. K, thanks.

Thought ESPN's comparision for Ponds was interesting...

ESPN Analyst
Updated 01/23/2015

Strengths:
Ponds is a left-handed combo-guard who impacts the game with his scoring and passing. He has a great burst off the dribble and he changes speeds very well. The biggest strength of his game is his shooting prowess. He can knock in jump shots out to 23-feet and his release is quick and smooth. He is most effective off the catch, but he can also hit shots off the dribble. He advances the ball well in transition and in the half court set he understands angles while feeding the post.

Weaknesses:
Ponds needs to work on his shot selection as there are times he takes jump shots without thinking about time and score. In addition, he needs to work on honing his point guard skills (pick-and-roll, pick-and-pop) and advancing the ball quickly in transition without over-handling.

Bottom Line:
Ponds is a slick lefty that has the scoring and facilitating game that compares favorably to former NBA standout Nick Van Exel.

Hilarious. She should have kept it up and wrote a new post about what this could mean. Amateurish to remove it.

The interest Amir has with Iowa state is Fred as I'm sure we all figured, with that being said, According to someone I know who is VERY CLOSE to the Iowa State program, ISU fully expects Fred to receive and accept a head coaching offer from the Chicago Bulls in the coming weeks that they have already compiled a list of possible replacement. This ultimately will take them out of the running for Amir and many other recruits. Does this mean he comes to Minnesota? No, but are chances with him are much better than most think.

By the reaction you got from this post I figured this was BS, but its obvious you have some connections to the Iowa State program and I'm not sure if you are a fan or not, but considering your post I'm gonna assume not, however, because of your connections it would be real cool if you stopped at the ISU board and post whatever inside info you may have now or get in the future. If you have any information on who might be the next coach, I'm sure ISU fans would love to hear it. I don't expect you to be regular poster but just posting anything you think is news worthy would be greatly appreciated by our fanbase and we promise we won't bash you. Thanks in advance

Updated ESPN100
Coffey #35
Ponds#67
Hurt still a 4*

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What is a 'NYC style' scorer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is a 'NYC style' scorer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've seen ponds play and I think it means he's a gritty scorer. He can score from behind the 3 point line and also drive to the hoop. He gets steals and scores on the break

Top Bottom