All Things 2016 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The Gophers have already made offers in the 2016 class and a number of kids in that class have made visits to the U. This thread will capture tweets, articles, video, analysis and more of Gophers 2016 recruiting.

Amir Coffey will be playing for Howard Pulley this summer. Hopefully him, Jarvis, and Illikainen all decide they want to play together at the U.

KSTP: Maple Grove's Young Stars

Maple Grove High School has two potential Big Ten college basketball players on its hands - and they're just beginning their high school careers. Freshman Brad Davison and sophomore Reed Nikko are both on the University of Minnesota's radar.

http://kstp.com/sports/stories/S3343101.shtml

Go Gophers!!

KSTP: Maple Grove's Young Stars

Maple Grove High School has two potential Big Ten college basketball players on its hands - and they're just beginning their high school careers. Freshman Brad Davison and sophomore Reed Nikko are both on the University of Minnesota's radar.

http://kstp.com/sports/stories/S3343101.shtml

Go Gophers!!

I just watched Brad Davison's 7th grade highlight video. Looked as good as anyone on the Gophers now. Sign him up!

Amir Coffey will be playing for Howard Pulley this summer. Hopefully him, Jarvis, and Illikainen all decide they want to play together at the U.

I want Amir Coffey more than any other in-state player right now. Hopefully Pulley doesn't steer him and the other 2015 guys away. I'm always scared to see our top in-state kids play for Pulley. I really feel like he tells the kids to look out of state.

I want Amir Coffey more than any other in-state player right now. Hopefully Pulley doesn't steer him and the other 2015 guys away. I'm always scared to see our top in-state kids play for Pulley. I really feel like he tells the kids to look out of state.

Judging by some quotes, he seemed to not like Tubby because he thought he didn't allow Rodney to play his game. Hopefully any issue he may or may not have was with him and not the U. I highly doubt Richard Coffey will let anyone influence his son's decision though, so even if Pulley doesn't like the Gophers (not entirely convinced that is the case) I'm not too worried about it.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>North Carolina Head Coach Roy Williams is in Chaska, MN tonight to see Hopkins 2016 wing Amir Coffey.</p>— Ryan James (@RyanJamesMN) <a href="https://twitter.com/RyanJamesMN/statuses/441384178064433153">March 6, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

GopherHole Q&A: As Amir Coffey Continues to Grow (He's Now 6-7), So Does His Recruiting Interest

Q&A: As Amir Coffey Continues to Grow (He's Now 6-7), So Does His Recruiting Interest

If Pitino can't get Amir there is no hope for Gopher basketball.

I would extend that out to Jarvis and Alex in 2015 as well. He's been hear for a year now. No excuses to miss on those guys.

I would extend that out to Jarvis and Alex in 2015 as well. He's been hear for a year now. No excuses to miss on those guys.

What if they want to go somewhere else? I hope he gets them. That would be great. If not I hope he gets two that are just as good. The first thing is -they have to want to go here.

What if they want to go somewhere else? I hope he gets them. That would be great. If not I hope he gets two that are just as good. The first thing is -they have to want to go here.

If they all wanted to go here, recruiting would be easy. Sales is the job. Make them want to come here.

If they all wanted to go here, recruiting would be easy. Sales is the job. Make them want to come here.

So if Pitino signed the number 1 PG in the 2015 class and Jarvis went elsewhere, would you be mad?

I really want Jarvis, but not because he's from MN because he's a really good basketball player. I don't care if our whole team is from Australia. Just so they win.

Yes he's name is Brad Davison

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Futuregopher, I noticed you're the one whose posted the videos to Brad Davison and Reed Nikko highlights. The videos are from a YouTube user named Kori Davison and you posted the Reed Nikko highlights within hours of Kori Davison posting the video on Youtube. Any connection here?

Futuregopher, I noticed you're the one whose posted the videos to Brad Davison and Reed Nikko highlights. The videos are from a YouTube user named Kori Davison and you posted the Reed Nikko highlights within hours of Kori Davison posting the video on Youtube. Any connection here?

Yes I go to Maple Grove

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This kid is a player, saw him a few times and was amazed,maybe the best to come out of mpls conference since the Patrick henry days. Also hear he is a good football player as well

Sent from my LIFE PLAY using Tapatalk

He plays quarterback and is a really exciting football player as well.

I wonder if he'll end up getting D1 looks in football also.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Richard Pitino settling in to watch Howard Pulley play right now watching Jarvis Johnson, Alex Illikainen, Amir Coffey, etc</p>— Ryan James (@RyanJamesMN) <a href="https://twitter.com/RyanJamesMN/statuses/459880788528357377">April 26, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Minnesota has offered Bruce Brown, a 2016 wing from BABC (MA), per his coach.</p>— Alex Kline (@TheRecruitScoop) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheRecruitScoop/statuses/460892588480815105">April 28, 2014</a></blockquote>

Top Bottom