Official 2014 Spring Football Thread: Articles, Tweets, Analysis & More...

It looks like Weber will be covering the Spring Game along with Dave Lee, but won't be playing in the Alumni game. I haven't heard if Weber is still going to try to play pro football or if he's hung it up.

He had a workout with the Bears earlier this week.

Go Gophers!!

PiPress: Kill promises air show in spring game

But if you go to the 2 p.m. kickoff at TCF Bank Stadium, don't be surprised to see the Gophers air it out some. Coach Jerry Kill said he expects to "do some things" for the spectators.

"The skill level is improving on the offensive side," he said. "We knew we had to do that this year. We're getting better."

"I think (fans) are going to see a lot more passing than what they've seen in the past," Leidner said of the spring game. "At the same time, they're going to see some running backs that are playing really well, some deadly weapons in the backfield that are going to help our passing game."

http://www.twincities.com/gophers/ci_25548255/gophers-football-kill-promises-air-show-spring-game

Go Gophers!!

It looks like Weber will be covering the Spring Game along with Dave Lee, but won't be playing in the Alumni game. I haven't heard if Weber is still going to try to play pro football or if he's hung it up.

Dave who???

Heard Off. Coach on Kfan today. Hinted that Jeff Jones could come in and contribute right away. Good to hear they aren't dead set on red shirting him.

Doesn't he still have to qualify? In fact, I think he is taking the test today.

Wasn't sure where to put this and you can disregard if this is already known but I didn't see it anywhere so apparently Hinojosa visited UND this weekend and must be looking at transferring.

from the Siouxsports.com 2014 recruiting forum:

Hambone
Members
1,653 posts
Posted Today, 07:17 PM

Players on campus are CB Alex Tillman from U of Houston, Jordan Hinojosa DL from U of Minn, and JUCO LB Dylan Bakker.

My first thought is *expletive*. My second thought is why? Buried on the depth chart, falling out with coaches, or not cutting it academically?

I thought he could be a good player for us. This is really disappointing news.

My first thought is *expletive*. My second thought is why? Buried on the depth chart, falling out with coaches, or not cutting it academically?

I thought he could be a good player for us. This is really disappointing news.

Totally agree. He struggled to get in for academic reasons, and I was really hoping he'd make it. Hope all turns out well for him.

It wasn't a problem of grades so much as documenting classes after he transferred in high school. If I remember correctly Hinojosa wanted to major in Business, Carlson is not the place for an average student, if he still wants to major in Business, a transfer is in order. The Business Marketing Education major is not really a Business Major.

Wasn't sure where to put this and you can disregard if this is already known but I didn't see it anywhere so apparently Hinojosa visited UND this weekend and must be looking at transferring.

from the Siouxsports.com 2014 recruiting forum:

Hambone
Members
1,653 posts
Posted Today, 07:17 PM

Players on campus are CB Alex Tillman from U of Houston, Jordan Hinojosa DL from U of Minn, and JUCO LB Dylan Bakker.

I was told by my contact at the spring game that one of the ways they are going to get down to 85 scholarships was that a junior DT will transfer. I know, I know I wouldn't believe rumors either but this guy has been right on with Jones and Rashaun Croney.

It wasn't a problem of grades so much as documenting classes after he transferred in high school. If I remember correctly Hinojosa wanted to major in Business, Carlson is not the place for an average student, if he still wants to major in Business, a transfer is in order. The Business Marketing Education major is not really a Business Major.

Thanks for the clarification. If it turns out he is putting his education desires above football then it would be an impressive decision for a young man.

Thanks for the clarification. If it turns out he is putting his education desires above football then it would be an impressive decision for a young man.

That is too bad if he can't get into Carlson. This kid went through a circuitous path via JC just to join the Gophers. I am sure the Gophers coaching staff will do their best to help him out.

On the bright side, he'll thrive in a much smaller college. Good Luck to him.

We could sure use him in the DT depth chart.

On another note, is Isaac Hayes playing DT or OL?

That is too bad if he can't get into Carlson. This kid went through a circuitous path via JC just to join the Gophers. I am sure the Gophers coaching staff will do their best to help him out.

Where have you heard he will play DT?

Watched him at a lot at spring practice and only saw him paying OL.

Top Bottom