Barry Switzer: 'I've always said I'd never recruit a white quarterback'

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Switzer:

“I’ve always said I’d never recruit a white quarterback. The only way I’d ever recruit a white quarterback to play for me was if his mom and daddy would have to both be black, and that’s the only way I would do it. My offense is a quarterback-fullback offense,I’d have to have a Jamelle Holieway, J.C. Watts [or] Thomas Lott. Those guys are gonna be my quarterbacks, they’re great runners, they’re great ball carriers and … able to pass, complete some, and those guys could. Those guys could throw and run.”

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/02/barry-switzer-ive-always-said-id-never-recruit-a-white-quarterback/

Go Gophers!!

...says the guy who recruited the whitest man on the planet (Troy Aikman).

...says the guy who recruited the whitest man on the planet (Troy Aikman).

"The metric system is a tool of the devil! My car gets fourty rods to the hogshead and that's the way I likes it!" - Grandpa Simpson

^ "Hello, I'm actor Troy McClure. You kids might remember me from such educational films as "Lead Paint, Delicious But Deadly" and "Here Comes the Metric System!""

Of course, one of my personal favorites: "The Half-Assed Approach to Foundation Repair."

I miss Troy!

Mr. Switzer would probably be appalled to learn that white quarterbacks have won 46 of 48 Super Bowls.

Without really reading the article or knowing who Barry Switzer is off the top of my head, i think this is what he's trying to say; "I was raised in a society that told me that white people are superior to black people, but over the years, I have realized that this is not the case. It takes a while to come to grips with that, and I am not really articulate or PC enough to express this with words, but if you look at what I am trying to do with my offense, it speaks for itself."

.....I used to get mad at my father for saying stuff like that too. But have realized he is not really racist, just grew up that way, and says dumb things when trying to make a point.

Sent from my MUCH i5 using Tapatalk

Without really reading the article or knowing who Barry Switzer is off the top of my head, i think this is what he's trying to say; "I was raised in a society that told me that white people are superior to black people, but over the years, I have realized that this is not the case. It takes a while to come to grips with that, and I am not really articulate or PC enough to express this with words, but if you look at what I am trying to do with my offense, it speaks for itself."

.....I used to get mad at my father for saying stuff like that too. But have realized he is not really racist, just grew up that way, and says dumb things when trying to make a point.

I think Chinese QBs are going to dominate in the future. Dilemina, how is the participation in your QB camps over there?

I think Chinese QBs are going to dominate in the future. Dilemina, how is the participation in your QB camps over there?

Haha. The only instance I have seen anything close to a QB camp here was on an English teaching "special segment" on TV.

There were some youths playing with a funny shaped "ball" and trying to figure out what it was and the best way to play with it. Then a man claiming to be American shows up and tells them that it is an American Football, it is mainly supposed to be held or thrown with one hand. As well as showing and telling them some other aspects of the game.

This really confused the youths, as soccer is the dominant type of football in China and that the American version was nothing like it.

They attempted to throw and catch and appeared to have some fun learning a new game and talked about getting some friends together to make a team.

I thought the idea was nice and everything.....

.....The only thing though, is that the whole time they are talking, playing, and teaching, they are doing it with a white Rugby Ball with a Picture of the Flag of South Africa on it.

Barry Switzer the guy who tried to bring his gun through airport security when he was the Cowboys coach.

Top Bottom