Vacated wins

2727Gopher

Reaction score
I have a site with the results of all of the Gopher games and I was just doing some reading about vacated wins - I had been under the impression that our W/L record would be 0-0 in the years affected by the academic scandal and that's how things are represented on my site. However, from what I'm reading, all of the losses should count against our record while all of the wins get wiped out. So it looks like I should change things so that all of our losses count against us in those seasons. Having said that, I did some more looking and according to a couple of sources (http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/m_basketball_RB/2011/D1.pdf and http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/friv/forfeits.cgi), the only wins that we vacated during those years are our post-season games - the NIT and NCAA Tournament games.

Does anyone have more information or know if that's true? I thought those seasons had been completely wiped out. I don't want to update my site until I know more about this.

Honestly, and I love your site, I think you should just list the scores and have a note at the top of the season that the season was wiped out.

Honestly, and I love your site, I think you should just list the scores and have a note at the top of the season that the season was wiped out.

Thanks - my goal is to have the record on my site be accurate, though, so I want to find out which games we "officially" won and lost. I intend to leave the actual results on the site, though, so anyone looking can see what the game results were, regardless of whether the games were forfeited or vacated.

I agree with the Cunning Linguist. You can go to any NCAA-approved site for "accurate" records. Just tell us who won the game on the court and what it added up to at the end of the year, when it happened, witnessed by season ticket holders like me.

Was on ESPN site a week or so ago and noticed they give Minnesota credit for being in the final 4 and give the Gophers credit for their wins in that NCAA tournament. This surprised me.

Top Bottom