Futbol coming to the Bank in August! - Tix Now Available for U Season Ticket Holders

Will Gopher FB ticket holders get first dibs. Would be great to see this.

what's with the name calling, alot of kids play soccer in this state, we have the biggest youth soccer facility in the country out in Blaine. Probably be a sellout

Name calling? You're looking for something that isn't there.

what's with the name calling, alot of kids play soccer in this state, we have the biggest youth soccer facility in the country out in Blaine. Probably be a sellout

Name calling, huh? I'm pumped about this and will buy tickets as soon as possible.

Will Gopher FB ticket holders get first dibs. Would be great to see this.

Not sure if it will be "first dibs," but I know that we had some level of priority in the sales process for the U2 concert. Hope to get tickets and a tailgating spot and spend a summer day at the Bank.

LET's GOOOOOO

Big ManU fan but it will still be awesome to see some of the best futbollers in the world in our very own beautiful stadium

Will Manchester City actually bring their A team? It seems like whenever a European power plays a game in the states, it's actually the scrubs that make the trip.

While I roll my eyes a bit when I hear the word "hipster", I wouldn't really call that name-calling. This game will get people into TCF Bank Stadium for the first time. Once they get a look at it, some of them might decide they would like to see a Gophers football game there. At the very least, it couldn't hurt.

Aside from some Gopher women's games, I haven't been to a soccer game in ages. I remember there being an NASL game at the Metrodome in 1982. I don't think it will sell out, but it should pull in a good crowd, there are a lot of people who would be interested in seeing teams of this level play.

Will Manchester City actually bring their A team? It seems like whenever a European power plays a game in the states, it's actually the scrubs that make the trip.
They usually play the first squad for at least a half, but this year they might not bring them at all as it is so soon after the world cup.

Doing a bit of digging, it appears that the only site selling tickets thus far is Miami for the August 4 finale. Tickets range from $50-$250, not including the always hefty TicketMaster fees. I found a couple of previously disclosed (preliminary) schedules and they don’t list Minneapolis or have Man City and Olympiakos playing each other that day. Sounds like it all is, or at least has been, up in the air.

***Edit--The StarTrib article has now been updated to include a 2:00pm start time.

This is awesome.

I've been following Man City since around 2006. Seen them home and away. I might have to travel back to the Twin Cities for this.

I wonder if they are going to put real turf down on top of the artificial, I know international matches try to avoid artificial surfaces and often lay down sod.

LET's GOOOOOO

Big ManU fan but it will still be awesome to see some of the best futbollers in the world in our very own beautiful stadium

Glory Glory Man United! I don't care that it's City playing either. Rarely is there a chance to get top clubs in your own back yard.

The U just sent this out:

TCF BANK STADIUM | SATURDAY, AUGUST 2

Join European soccer powerhouses Olympiacos and Manchester City as they compete in this summer's International Champions Cup. Be there live to witness the Gods Of Soccer as they contend for the International Champions Cup crown.

BUY YOUR TICKETS BEFORE THE PUBLIC
As a Gopher season ticket holder and/or donor we'd like to give you this exclusive opportunity to get your tickets before they go on sale. Buy your tickets now. This offer is valid ***Thursday, February 20 at 12:00 p.m. until Saturday, February 22 at 10:00 a.m.***

Psshhaw. You Man U and Citeh fans.

Are you listening Davey Moyes?

Go Everton.

This is awesome to see. Hope it happens more in the future!

Got mine

Logged on to Gopher Sports and got tickets. Lots of good seats depending on how much you want to pay. I got the $80 ones. Season ticket holders and donors to Gopher athletics have priority until Saturday at 10:00 a.m., then they go on sale to the general public. Excited! Great world class soccer, plus my first trip to The Bank.

I am not seeing how to order them on Gophersports.com. What am I missing?

FYI to any other season ticket holders interested in this event, this presale isn't exclusive to us. I received an e-mail from Target Center with a different promo code, but the same window of "exclusivity." I don't know how many additional people that brings into the loop, but I am hardly a VIP at Target Center so I'd guess it's a lot.

Top Bottom