2nd Concert at The Bank set for MLB All-Star Weekend

My guess is Billy Joel. He's playing Wrigley on the 18th of July and he's got a week off between that show and one in Quebec on the 11th. I can't think of a real tie in with MLB, but he is playing a lot of baseball stadiums this summer. With Target Field occupied, TCF makes sense as an alternate venue.

I'm going to end up disappointed, but now I've read that it might be Paul McCartney.

Hank III and the Damn Band

They played Mill City Nights last spring. I could only stay for the country set, but that was worth the price of admission itself.

Mark Rosen is reporting it is indeed Paul McCartney

edit: wrong concert

Paul McCartney is at Target Field, August 2nd, as just announced. Not at the Bank and not on All-Star Weekend.

Paul McCartney is at Target Field, August 2nd, as just announced. Not at the Bank and not on All-Star Weekend.
I am thrilled with this anyway. Also, my hope of Journey playing at the bank remains alive!

The Strib article about the McCartney show says that sources point to Imagine Dragons and fun. playing at TCF around the All-Star game.

Bud Selig is a huge Yani fan and he is rumored to be attending the concert at the Bank. I imagine it will be Yani. I hear he puts on a great show and he is a U of Minnesota guy after all.

Bud Selig is a huge Yani fan and he is rumored to be attending the concert at the Bank. I imagine it will be Yani. I hear he puts on a great show and he is a U of Minnesota guy after all.

Chameleon reunion!

Chameleon reunion!

I could share some great stories from attending Chameleon concerts back in the day. Some of my very first experiences taking in live music. I never figured I'd see a Chameleon reference on GH.

It been a few years but I am sure my my son's 5th grade band was worse.:cry:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Shoutout to the <a href="https://twitter.com/TCFBankStadium">@TCFBankStadium</a> crew for getting everything ready for the all-star concert tomorrow! <a href="http://t.co/Qv2plZbSX0">pic.twitter.com/Qv2plZbSX0</a></p>— MyGopherSports (@MyGopherSports) <a href="https://twitter.com/MyGopherSports/statuses/487703311840063488">July 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That was a fun show seeing a band that played in front of 700 less than a year and a half ago down the street at the Varsity played the Bank last night. Pretty meteoric rise. The fireworks show was great too.

There was a "Who Hates Iowa" chant as I was leaving near Goldy's Locker room. Quite enjoyable.

That was a fun show seeing a band that played in front of 700 less than a year and a half ago down the street at the Varsity played the Bank last night. Pretty meteoric rise. The fireworks show was great too.

Those fireworks scared the **** of me. Didn't even know there was an event going on until they started going off while I was walking down University.

Nothing compares to the U2 concert...but it was GREAT show and they did a great job with it, being a free concert (unless the scalpers beat ya to it).

I'm quite impress with how the Twins and Minnesota did the All-Star week, they really made it out to be a great great event. Gives me very high hopes
that the Super Bowl will be spectacular.

Nothing compares to the U2 concert...but it was GREAT show and they did a great job with it, being a free concert (unless the scalpers beat ya to it).

I'm quite impress with how the Twins and Minnesota did the All-Star week, they really made it out to be a great great event. Gives me very high hopes
that the Super Bowl will be spectacular.
I wasn't at the show last night, but I've been to around 100 concerts in my lifetime (probably more). I'm definitely not the biggest U2 fan in the world, but I'd have to say that the U2 show was probably the best I've ever been to. I'm biased because TCF is one of my favorite places on earth, but everything about that night was just spectacular. The thunder, the lightning, the downpour, the set list, set design, their entrance, and most of all, the way they took playing through a thunderstorm in stride and made it part of the show.

Top Bottom