Texas associate AD calls MN/TX matchup "premature"

it sounds like,from that story, that it was brewster who was being premature. sid only reports what he gets told by brewster.

re:

"Minnesota coach Tim Brewster, who was on coach Mack Brown's initial staff at Texas, told reporters on Thursday that the deal was done."

Unbelievable.......

"Minnesota coach Tim Brewster, who was on coach Mack Brown's initial staff at Texas, told reporters on Thursday that the deal was done."

Unbelievable.......

What reporters are these? Because Sid never said Brew told him. See here for the key quote:
Gophers football coach Tim Brewster wasn't kidding when he said he wanted to play Texas. So Gophers athletic director Joel Maturi has scheduled Texas on a home-and-home series with the dates to be set.

Sid was referring to Brewster's long standing desire to play Texas. If someone can point me to the reports that quote Brew or attribute this to him then I'm willing to admit I'm wrong. Otherwise it looks like the Austin reporter mischaracterized Sid's premature reporting.

how do you think sid got his information. the old fashioned way--hard-nosed investigative journalism?

Just another reason to show macturi the door. Who is in charge over there? Is anyone? Come on macutri: get your act together. You are running a really loose ship over there. It's kind of like when you tried to float the trial balloon of a brewster contract extension after that 55-0 atrocity of an effort by brewster and his coaching staff against iowa in November of 2008. This maturi needs to go. He is such a non-factor over at the U. Ditch maturi now!

how do you think sid got his information. the old fashioned way--hard-nosed investigative journalism?

I'm sure one of his "close personal friends" said something about the deal being in the works and he went and changed in the works to a done deal. Wouldn't be the first time.

Just another reason to show macturi the door. Who is in charge over there? Is anyone? Come on macutri: get your act together. You are running a really loose ship over there. It's kind of like when you tried to float the trial balloon of a brewster contract extension after that 55-0 atrocity of an effort by brewster and his coaching staff against iowa in November of 2008. This maturi needs to go. He is such a non-factor over at the U. Ditch maturi now!

A likely top 10-15 athletic department in the country in regards to total performance (No. 2 after winter sports). Hired Tubby Smith. Helped U get a new stadium. New baseball stadium and basketball practice facility on the way. Successfully merged two separate departments. In this economy, the athletic department doesn't lose money...Ohio State can't say that. He's done a phenomenal job.

It could mean that Brew and Mac have a deal in place, but the contract isn't fully signed sealed and delivered.

wren - fyi. you missed a couple of "mac's" in front of your "maturi's". keep up the good work! :rolleyes:

sid only reports what he gets told by brewster

I have told you guys more than once...Sid is not plugged in anymore.

Top Bottom