All Things Gophers Hockey Recruiting Thread

@jacksadek16: Proud and excited to announce my commitment to play college hockey at University of Minnesota #Gophers

It's nice to get what would basically be 4- or 5-star recruits over and over and over. :)

It's nice to get what would basically be 4- or 5-star recruits over and over and over. :)

Now what would be nicer is to turn #1 recruiting classes into national championships.

Now what would be nicer is to turn #1 recruiting classes into national championships.

Agreed. Having top ranked (or close to it) recruiting classes is nice on the surface. More interested in winning hardware with all those highly ranked recruits.

Garrett Wait committed. As far as I know, he led the recent U17 Five Nations tournament. The rich get richer.

Casey Mittlestadt commited. Bantam player of the year last year with 91 goals. The rich get richer.

Josh Maniscalco commited. Only Sophomore defenseman on Shattuck Prep. Recently ranked the #8 uncommitted prospect by OTB. The rich get richer.

Brent Gates Jr committed to Minnesota yesterday, after originally committing to Notre Dame.

Gates is the son of former Gopher baseball player and MN Twin/Oakland As, Brent Gates.

Go Gophers!!

Minnesota picked up a verbal commitment from Muskegon(USHL) goalie Eric Schierhorn today. Schierhorn made the announcement via Twitter:

@Eschierhorn29

Excited to announce my commitment to the University of Minnesota! Thanks to everyone who helped!

Alaska Dispatch News: Anchorage goalie to be a Gopher

Schierhorn said he chose Minnesota because of the school’s strong reputation for turning out pro players. The Gophers, who are ranked 17th in the nation, have had 193 players drafted by the NHL, including 18 first-round picks.

“I chose the University of Minnesota because of the hockey program’s consistent success along with their history of moving players on to the next level,” Schierhorn said in Muskegon’s release. “The coaching staff is a group of genuinely good people that get the most out of their players while continuing to get strong results on the ice year in, year out.”

http://www.adn.com/article/20150121/anchorage-goalie-be-gopher

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom