All Things Gophers Hockey Recruiting Thread

Stan

Reaction score
I figured it would be nice to have a thread for Gopher hockey recruiting.

So, with Sheehy's commitment, here are the guys that are committed for the next few years

Leon Bristedt F Linkopings, Sweden
Jack Glover D USNTDP U-18
Ryan Collins D USNTDP U-18
Tyler Sheehy F Waterloo Blackhawks (USHL)
Jack Ramsey F Penticton Vees (BCHL)
Steve Johnson D Omaha Lancers (USHL)
Tarek Baker F Omaha AAA U-16
Ryan Norman F Shattuck-St. Mary's Prep
Tom Novak F St. Thomas Academy
Rem Pitlick F Shattuck-St. Mary's Prep
Ryan Edquist G Shattuck-St. Mary's U-16
Ryan Lindgren D Shattuck-St. Mary's Prep

Thought it might be nice to have a full list to work off of. :eek:

So, with Sheehy's commitment, here are the guys that are committed for the next few years

Leon Bristedt F Linkopings, Sweden
Jack Glover D USNTDP U-18
Ryan Collins D USNTDP U-18
Tyler Sheehy F Waterloo Blackhawks (USHL)
Jack Ramsey F Penticton Vees (BCHL)
Steve Johnson D Omaha Lancers (USHL)
Tarek Baker F Omaha AAA U-16
Ryan Norman F Shattuck-St. Mary's Prep
Tom Novak F St. Thomas Academy
Rem Pitlick F Shattuck-St. Mary's Prep
Ryan Edquist G Shattuck-St. Mary's U-16
Ryan Lindgren D Shattuck-St. Mary's Prep

Thought it might be nice to have a full list to work off of. :eek:

thanks for the list mrj. how many of these guys do we expect to enroll next year?

thanks for the list mrj. how many of these guys do we expect to enroll next year?

Obviously it depends on how many departures we have, but I'm thinking at least Bristedt, Glover, Collins, Ramsey, and Johnson. Not sure how Sheehy fits in there, but I imagine he'd be more likely to spend another year in the USHL.

Obviously it depends on how many departures we have, but I'm thinking at least Bristedt, Glover, Collins, Ramsey, and Johnson. Not sure how Sheehy fits in there, but I imagine he'd be more likely to spend another year in the USHL.

Agree. Right now, I know they have Bristedt, Glover, Collins and Johnson slated to come in next year. There has been some chatter that Ramsey and Sheehy, while possible for next year, aren't probable. Things could change in a hurry of course, especially with any unforeseen early departures. But most of the opinions I've read seem to indicate that Ramsey needs at least another year in juniors and Sheehy will probably arrive in 2015 as well.

That makes two Swedes in this recruiting class. Hoglund is originally from Molndal, Sweden. Big kid too (listed at 6-3, 205). Wonder if he and Bristedt are buddies?

I doubt it. They probably would have tweeted at each other by now. Two year gap between them.

I doubt it. They probably would have tweeted at each other by now. Two year gap between them.

Yeah, I can see that. Still, nice to have Hoglund onboard and already in the states. Should help Bristedt adjust to life in a new country a little faster.

Rochester Post Bulletin: Bruins goalie Lehr commits to University of Minnesota

Lehr will become the first Bruin to play for the Gophers, who are 21-4-5 and ranked No. 2 in the country. The Gophers have three goalies on their roster this season — sophomore starter Adam Wilcox, sophomore Ryan Coyne and senior Mike Shibrowski.

Lehr could battle with Coyne for the No. 2 job next season, assuming Wilcox, a 2011 draft pick of the Tampa Bay Lightning, stays at Minnesota.

"Proud to announce my commitment to the University of Minnesota!" Lehr wrote on Twitter Wednesday evening. "Thanks to family, friends, and coaches along the way!"

http://www.postbulletin.com/sports/...cle_14723680-6789-5448-aba4-ea3b0639a8a6.html

Go Gophers!!

per Sid:

• Two Gophers hockey recruits, defensemen Ryan Collins (Bloomington) and Jack Glover (Golden Valley) from the USA developmental team in Ann Arbor, are among the 22 players who will play for the U.S. Men’s Under-18 team in the 2014 International Ice Hockey Federation Men’s Under-18 World Championship from April 17-27, in Lappeenranta, Finland. Chaska’s Shane Gersich is also a forward on the team, and Jack Dougherty, who played at St. Thomas Academy, is a defenseman.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/253668281.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Go Gophers!!

How many early departures do we expect? It wouldn't surprise me if we didn't lose anyone. I don't think Wilcox will go, as goalies usually don't. Mike Reilly, I think that he could use another year.

Any thoughts?

How many early departures do we expect? It wouldn't surprise me if we didn't lose anyone. I don't think Wilcox will go, as goalies usually don't. Mike Reilly, I think that he could use another year.

Any thoughts?

If Wilcox leaves he will be buried behind 4 top goalies in the Tampa organization. He stays one more year and he will have many options including the Wild.

RE:Mike Reilly. Hopefully he stays to add some much needed bulk to his frame and to play another year with his brothers.

Tend to think a whole lot of the guys will return. There really aren't any slam-dunks that seem certain to leave. Maybe Rau, maybe Reilly, Maybe Wilcox. But I wouldn't be surprised if all of them come back. Should be a very very good team coming back next year.

As per Gopherpucklive, the Gophers have picked up another commitment, although this one qualifies as on the EXTREMELY young side.

Brannon McManus, a forward who scored 68 goals and added 52 assists in 65 games for Shattuck-St. Mary's U-14 team. He's apparently a Cali kid and helped lead the U-14 team to the national title recently. Good pickup from what I'm hearing. They just keep getting younger and younger it seems.

Youngest Gopher commit ever as far as I can remember. 14 years, 9 months.

I don't follow football and basketball, but would be curious how that compares to the youngest commitments there.

Youngest Gopher commit ever as far as I can remember. 14 years, 9 months.

I don't follow football and basketball, but would be curious how that compares to the youngest commitments there.

Can't ever remember either the football or the basketball teams getting anyone even close.

The youngest ones that I can recall were juniors when they committed (mostly 17 year-olds), and even those have been rare in the past. I think this probably sets a record for youngest commitment, although maybe women's hockey has had somebody younger. Even then, I doubt it.

97 D Ryan Zuhlsdorf (Edina) commits to Minnesota. Huge get for #Gophers, versatile, strong skating defenseman. Our #13 uncommitted prospect.

Go Gophers!!

Sam Rossini tweet: Excited and honored to announce my commitment to play college hockey at the University of Minnesota!

Scott Reedy tweet: Proud to announce my commitment to the University of Minnesota. Thanks to everyone that has helped turn this dream into reality. #Gophers

Go Gophers!!

Scott Reedy tweet: Proud to announce my commitment to the University of Minnesota. Thanks to everyone that has helped turn this dream into reality. #Gophers

Go Gophers!!

Like McManus, Reedy is considered a big-time get based on what I've read. Leading scorer for Shattuck's national champion bantam team with 56 goals and 69 assists in 65 games. Gophers now have two of the big three from that team committed. If things stay as is, looks like that class is going to be very good.

Nice to get into Shattuck. Annoying to see the Whioux was in there much earlier(Toews, Blood, Parise, etc).

Like McManus, Reedy is considered a big-time get based on what I've read. Leading scorer for Shattuck's national champion bantam team with 56 goals and 69 assists in 65 games. Gophers now have two of the big three from that team committed.

Who's the third?

Grant Mismash. There are other good players, but those were the three most people have wanted.

As per Gopherpucklive, the Gophers have picked up another commitment, although this one qualifies as on the EXTREMELY young side.

Brannon McManus, a forward who scored 68 goals and added 52 assists in 65 games for Shattuck-St. Mary's U-14 team. He's apparently a Cali kid and helped lead the U-14 team to the national title recently. Good pickup from what I'm hearing. They just keep getting younger and younger it seems.
ElAmin was pretty young in hoops, course he decomitted and went to UCONN, but I think when he verbaled to Clem back in the day he was 16

GopherSports: Minnesota Adds Lehr, Höglund
The duo come to the University of Minnesota after standout performances in the NAHL last year.

Gopher Hockey has added a pair of junior prospects to its roster in Nick Lehr and Robin Höglund, Minnesota head coach Don Lucia announced on Wednesday. Lehr and Höglund both signed Acceptance of Admission agreements and will join the program after spending the 2013-14 season in the North American Hockey League (NAHL).

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-hockey/spec-rel/060414aaa.html

Go Gophers!!

Does adding Lehr now suggest that we think Wilcox is leaving next year? (Or worse, leaving this summer?)

Backup goalie just graduated. They suspect Wilcox may leave next year, which is why Halladay is set to come in if that's the case.

Top Bottom