Official 2014 Seat Renewals, Relocations and New Season Ticket Holders Thread

I have had tickets (with my dad and now friend) since the Memorial Stadium days. I have been always been around the 25-35 yard line sections-right behind our bench. I didn't need the sun then and I don't see the big need for it now.

4 tix in section 211 again this year. BTW - an underrated aspect of the 'sunny' side is it is also the north side, hence more often than not the cold north, northwest winds are completely blocked

So the price increases are real. That sucks. :mad:

I guess I just don't see the wisdom in increasing prices 20% (for chairback seating) when most of those seats are already paying a premium anyway. Very suprised that they chose to go with that much of a jump when they're not filling the stadium and continue to discount single game tickets heavily. Not a huge deal if you have a couple of tickets, but with several tickets it's a lot of money.

BTW - for those who haven't figured it out or are wondering - the sunny side trumps the shady side ten fold. Game 1&2 may get warm, but it makes all the diff in the world every other game. Not even close, IMO.

REAL fans sit on the GOPHERS side of the field. The oppposing side is for fair-weather fans and sconnies.

REAL fans sit on the GOPHERS side of the field. The oppposing side is for fair-weather fans and sconnies.

MAROON OVER GOLD IS THE ONLY ACCEPTABLE HOME UNIFORM COMBINATION.

So the price increases are real. That sucks. :mad:

Your 2014 Gopher Football season tickets will be ready for renewal beginning next Tuesday, March 11th. Gopher Football is coming off an eight-win season highlighted by monumental victories against Nebraska and Penn State, its most successful year since 2003. Recently Coach Kill and his staff signed their highest ranked recruiting class at Minnesota. These new additions, combined with several marquee returning starters, creates a much anticipated 2014 season.

Season Ticket Price Change
Season ticket prices will increase for the 2014 football season. These prices have not changed since 2009, the first season in TCF Bank Stadium and Minnesota is the only Big Ten institution that has not increased the season ticket price or the seat-related donation in that time period. These price changes will help close the gap in annual revenue compared to our Big Ten peers as well as other Universities located in major metropolitan markets.

All chairback seating areas (seats between the goal lines) will increase from $275 to $330. All bench seating areas will increase from $275 to $310. There will be no changes to any of the scholarship seating donations for the 2014 season.

In comparison to football season ticket prices in the Big Ten conference, Minnesota will be the 7th highest.

In comparison to football season ticket prices in the Big Ten conference, Minnesota will be the 7th highest.
Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Michigan State, and Iowa make 7. Who out of that group are we higher than? You'd have to think it's one of the last two.

Anyone else here have experience sitting in section 246? That is where my tickets are located for now. Nothing official until after all the renewals come in.

Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Michigan State, and Iowa make 7. Who out of that group are we higher than? You'd have to think it's one of the last two.

Actually, you could argue either Michigan, Ohio State, or Penn State due to their stadium sizes. They can compensate lower ticket prices by putting as much as 50,000 more people in the seats.

Actually, you could argue either Michigan, Ohio State, or Penn State due to their stadium sizes. They can compensate lower ticket prices by putting as much as 50,000 more people in the seats.

By that logic shouldn't the U be LOWERING the ticket prices to actually FILL the freaking stadium and create an atmosphere? SMH

The release should have said:

For those of you who have had season tickets since the 2008 season or earlier, your prices will remain the same. You endured through the Brewster years, the bungling of gameday atmosphere, and much more. We appreciate you and want to acknowledge that we know we could increase the price and you'd pay, because you're loyal fans who support us through thick and thin (while showing up and buying our over-priced food and booze, to boot!), so we won't. We will realize higher revenues from increased demand (what little there may be after an 8-win season with bowl loss that had tepid attendance to late-season games against major opponents like Penn St). Again, thank you for your loyalty, and Go Gophers!

Anyone else here have experience sitting in section 246? That is where my tickets are located for now. Nothing official until after all the renewals come in.

I'm in 246, row 1 and we love it mainly for the easy in/out and the uniqueness of being in the front row (extra leg room, nobody standing in front of you, etc). You should be aware that a lot of the upper rows in 246 are owned by the U so those are usually used by "guests of the university" whatever that means. The atmosphere can be a little bit more subdued than in other sections for this reason.

Edited to add: If you want to get an idea of the view from 246, here is a video I took at the first game at TCF from our seats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmM-HmfbZmM

I'm in 246, row 1 and we love it mainly for the easy in/out and the uniqueness of being in the front row (extra leg room, nobody standing in front of you, etc). You should be aware that a lot of the upper rows in 246 are owned by the U so those are usually used by "guests of the university" whatever that means. The atmosphere can be a little bit more subdued than in other sections for this reason.

Thanks for the info. For now I have a group of 4 tickets in row 10. But I was told that I may be able to move after the renewals are done. I would be content with where we are right now.

How subdued does the atmosphere get?

It's not Ohio State. Even a bad seat in Columbus is sky high.

But either way, it's a matter of supply and demand. The demand for a bad seat in Columbus is still higher than a good seat in Minneapolis.

Thanks for the info. For now I have a group of 4 tickets in row 10. But I was told that I may be able to move after the renewals are done. I would be content with where we are right now.

How subdued does the atmosphere get?

I really don't have a lot to compare it to because I've never been anywhere else but I've never really had that "it's so loud in here I can't hear myself" moment. Part of that is also due to the fact that there is nothing but open space to our left. The only other really annoying part is that the seats directly to my right in row 1 are owned by a ticket broker so I often have to sit next to fans fo the opposing team.

By that logic shouldn't the U be LOWERING the ticket prices to actually FILL the freaking stadium and create an atmosphere? SMH

Average attendance at the Bank for 4 B1G games was 50,648 with capacity at 50,805. I didn't include non-conference because it's hard to get excited about watching UNLV, W. Illinois, and San Jose St. play. And yes I realize Wisconsin and Iowa bring a lot of their fans to Minny every time, but Nebraska
and Penn St were also near capacity so attendance looks better than what you suggest. Now if they added 45,000 more seats to the stadium and was only averaging about 50,000/gm, then you have a point.

BTW - for those who haven't figured it out or are wondering - the sunny side trumps the shady side ten fold. Game 1&2 may get warm, but it makes all the diff in the world every other game. Not even close, IMO.

Have you had seats on the Home side or are you just assuming?

Have you had seats on the Home side or are you just assuming?

I've had seats on both. While I prefer the home side just to sit on the same side as the team, the atmosphere was too stale for me. I didn't mind the cooler temps late in the year but other people did. Sun and better crowd make it more enjoyable on the visitor side for me.

Average attendance at the Bank for 4 B1G games was 50,648 with capacity at 50,805. I didn't include non-conference because it's hard to get excited about watching UNLV, W. Illinois, and San Jose St. play. And yes I realize Wisconsin and Iowa bring a lot of their fans to Minny every time, but Nebraska
and Penn St were also near capacity so attendance looks better than what you suggest. Now if they added 45,000 more seats to the stadium and was only averaging about 50,000/gm, then you have a point.

Actually, NE brings more fans than IA or WI.

I'll take the early season shade rather than the late season sun.

I'll be back in my x2 piggy-backed seats on the aisle in Rows 1-2 in 219. Love my seats, and had them since The Bank opened up. Great views of the student section, Goldy antics, regular sun, and the open end of the stadium. It's like I'm on a perch over the students and the corner of the endzone. The folks next to us in Row 1 keep whining that they want that last seat, but they won't get it.

A little disappointed in the ticket price increase. it's not all that much, but it felt like this was a year too soon for that. Give us one more year of a bowl and continued progress/improvement in all facets, and I wouldn't complain.

I've had seats on both. While I prefer the home side just to sit on the same side as the team, the atmosphere was too stale for me. I didn't mind the cooler temps late in the year but other people did. Sun and better crowd make it more enjoyable on the visitor side for me.

I've given up trying to move. Tried to move twice and would have had to move closer to the end zone.

Top Bottom