Official 2014 Seat Renewals, Relocations and New Season Ticket Holders Thread

I am sure this has been asked before, but does anyone know when they start calling on the renewal process? I believe it was shortly after the closing date for paying for your tickets. I am trying to remember when I got my call last year, but I can not. Must be getting old. :cool:

Mid May for seat upgrades according to the email I received yesterday:

"Thank you for purchasing Gopher football season tickets for the 2014 season. We are following up with additional information because you opted to explore upgrading your season tickets.

Season ticket upgrades will begin mid-May. We will manage seating and parking upgrades using the new Gopher Score priority ranking system. Your current Gopher Score and rank are listed below. If you have any questions about your ranking or how Gopher Score works, please contact us at (612) 624-8080 (option 2) or click here"

Did I miss something, or has nothing been sent out yet?

Haven't heard a thing. I too had called and been told it would be mid May. Seems like that could be tricky given that we're only a week away from that and there's been silence from Gopher Sports.

Called the ticket office on an unrelated matter today and asked about the upgrade/relocation process. Sounds like we can expect an email sometime this week outlining "zone information" and the process should start next week.

Email was received today and the process starts May 19 for Zone 1. Zone 10 should be wrapped up by June 20.

Email was received today and the process starts May 19 for Zone 1. Zone 10 should be wrapped up by June 20.

Got the same one, Bayfield. Looking forward to the season starting so we all have something else to talk about!

Is anyone going to post the updated seating map as we go through seating zones as sections fill up again this year?

EDIT: I have attached the one they had on Gopher Sports today. It shows that all of the non-donation seats in the lower bowl are gone. I wonder if this is accurate?

2014FBUpgradeMap1.jpg

For those of you intersested, Zone 1 has completed the upgrade process and Zone 2 has begun. The updated seating map is below with some additional sections "blacked out". 141 & 146 most notably.

(I do not get to choose an upgrade until Zone 8. :cry:)

2014FBUpgradeMap2.jpg

we upgraded our extra set of 2, so close to having all 6 of ours together.

Section 230 used to be student section. Not sure when this changed but I didn't notice it last year. Is the University slowly downsizing the SS?

For those of you intersested, Zone 1 has completed the upgrade process and Zone 2 has begun. The updated seating map is below with some additional sections "blacked out". 141 & 146 most notably.

(I do not get to choose an upgrade until Zone 8. :cry:)

View attachment 2647

Is there a site where one can view the available seats, like we had when we picked our seats when TCF opened? Or are we still at the mercy of the person on the other end of the phone telling you what is available? I looked at the Gopher season ticket site and couldn't find anything.

Is there a site where one can view the available seats, like we had when we picked our seats when TCF opened? Or are we still at the mercy of the person on the other end of the phone telling you what is available? I looked at the Gopher season ticket site and couldn't find anything.

Bayfield, we are pretty much at the mercy of the person on the other end of the phone. I wish they had that system set up like when TCF opened. That would be great. But, it's the gopher athletic department we are talking about. They still have their foibles, even with new leadership.

It certainly looks as if the student section has shrunk. I'd argue that the design of the student section is one of the few mis fires in the stadium design. The student section shouldn't have a deck gap. Traditionally the students tend to jam the first deck and the second deck remains mostly open. So, how did they react when shrinking the overall student section? They took two sections away from the first deck. So when/if the student sections fills in the future, it will look out of balance with a smaller area in the first deck and a bigger area in the second deck... keeping more students farther away from the field and the feel they are in the action with the band and cheerleaders. Although the second deck portion of the student section may have become smaller too, it looks far more unbalanced now. Perhaps the next step is to ask them to remain outside the stadium.

Apologies if this has been asked earlier in the thread, or in years past, and there's an easy answer:

I have 2 season tickets. My buddy also has 2 season tickets, a couple sections away. What's the best / easiest way during the upgrade process to get us 4 tickets together? We are in different upgrade zones

Apologies if this has been asked earlier in the thread, or in years past, and there's an easy answer:

I have 2 season tickets. My buddy also has 2 season tickets, a couple sections away. What's the best / easiest way during the upgrade process to get us 4 tickets together? We are in different upgrade zones

Generally, the higher priority person has to wait for the lower priority to be called and find seats together.

It looks like Zone 2 has finished and we are on to Zone 3 which starts today. Attached is the updated image of seating sections which are full. It appears most of the "open end" endzone sections have filled up. Good luck to anyone who is awaitng an updgrade, like myself. (Zone 8 :( )

2014FBUpgradeMap3.jpg

The link with specific dates for upgrades is also below for those of us who are a little more lazy. :cool:

https://www.mygophersports.com/online/2014-football-upgrades

Why do the open end seats fill up so quickly? I can't think of a single reason I would want those seats. End zone seats have the worst views of the field, you have your back to the Minneapolis skyline, you're looking at the small scoreboard instead of the large one, the wind blows right up your back on a windy day, no overhang to protect you from precipitation, etc., etc. I would think those would be the least popular seats in the stadium, not among the most popular.

Why do the open end seats fill up so quickly? I can't think of a single reason I would want those seats. End zone seats have the worst views of the field, you have your back to the Minneapolis skyline, you're looking at the small scoreboard instead of the large one, the wind blows right up your back on a windy day, no overhang to protect you from precipitation, etc., etc. I would think those would be the least popular seats in the stadium, not among the most popular.

Must be the people that don't tailgate and like $10 beers?

Endzone seats actually have a pretty good view of the game. For people that really appreciate what goes on in the "trenches", its a fantastic view of how the holes open up for running backs. I would rather sit enzone than lower deck outside the 35 yard lines. I personally think the best seats are front row upper deck 50 yard line.

Also who cares about the MPLS skyline? Do you go to a game to sight see? Or do you go to a game to WATCH THE GAME? I can see the skyline as I drive to the game.

Also who cares about the MPLS skyline? Do you go to a game to sight see? Or do you go to a game to WATCH THE GAME? I can see the skyline as I drive to the game.

Given that there's somewhere between 10 and 15 minutes of in-game action spread out over the course of 4 hours, there's plenty of time to "sight see" and not miss a second of WATCHING THE GAME. I assume you stare at the field (without blinking, of course) the entire time you're there, even during halftime?

This made me laugh!

I fully admit to taking an occasional peek at the skyline during Gopher games. I do not feel like a lesser man for doing it.

Given that there's somewhere between 10 and 15 minutes of in-game action spread out over the course of 4 hours, there's plenty of time to "sight see" and not miss a second of WATCHING THE GAME. I assume you stare at the field (without blinking, of course) the entire time you're there, even during halftime?

Actually I do like the half time show. But no, I don't stare at the field when the game isn't being played, I have my binoculars out and I'm talent searching the student section, which is my sight seeing. I can walk outside and see the skyline anytime I want. I can't however see that much talent in one place anytime I want...

My guess is the access. I scalped tickets in that area two or three years ago and getting to and out of the seats was easy, the view sucked though. Couldn't tell if a run was 1 yard or 10.

^ if you have easy access to the beer tents, it probably doesn't matter after awhile whether the run was 1 or 10-yards.

We had season tickets in the endzone upper close to the goal posts for many years at the dome and really enjoyed it. I was disappointed to learn that the student section was assigned the east end zone when TCF opened as I was hoping for more of the same at TCF. Now I am stuck on the 12 yard line and hope to get to the 15.

Just an update for those interested-I'm in Zone 3 and received the call this evening. I'm happy with my current tickets in 209 but did want to see if I could go from Oak Street to a tailgate lot. I'm so happy to say we will be joining the fun and Gopher merriment in Lot 37 this year--so excited!!

The Gopher sports person said there were only a few spots remaining at this time.

Look forward to enjoying the tailgating atmosphere, even with the updated process, I can't wait! Go Gophers!

Nice! I really think it is the best section in the stadium. It is on the sunny side for one thing. It is between the 50 and the big screen which is better for viewing on the visitor's side as opposed to the home side (I know this because I have seats on both sides of the stadium). If I were you, I would not want to move toward the 50 because it means moving away from the big screen. And of course, you would not want to move toward the end zone because of your view of the field which I'm guessing is around the 25-30 yard line.

Congrats on your tailgate upgrade to Lot 37. I don't park there but have friends that do and it is a fun lot. Cheers!

Go Gophers!

We are in zone 4 for upgrades. Looking to move away from the old birds behind us that are sourpusses. Sorry to the GHer that sits infront of us (Foster). Hoping to move to the upper section, first row. Know that's unlikely, but willing to give it a shot.

Top Bottom