Official 2014 Seat Renewals, Relocations and New Season Ticket Holders Thread

g1976b

Reaction score
Official 2014 Seat Renewals, Relocations & New Season Tickets Thread *PRICE INCREASE*

I'm likely a few weeks early on this, but discussion seems relatively slow now that we're in the period between signing day and spring practice. So, I thought I'd get the ball rolling on renewal talk.

Any predictions on renewal percentages? What's everyone plan to do with their tickets?

I'd guess we'll be around 90-95% renewal despite the bowl loss. I sense the vibe around the program is still positive and with the Vikings pricing themselves out of many fan's budgets, I could see an uptick in season ticket sales for the U as a result.

We plan to renew again and potentially add a couple of seats if we can get some close to our current location.

I assume everyone is partial to "their seats" but can anyone give specific examples as to why you love your seat location? I love where we sit, but try to get around and watch games from different locations occasionally.

**EDIT: The price increase rumors have been confirmed.

Per email from Gopher Sports:

Season ticket prices will increase for the 2014 football season. These prices have not changed since 2009, the first season in TCF Bank Stadium and Minnesota is the only Big Ten institution that has not increased the season ticket price or the seat-related donation in that time period. These price changes will help close the gap in annual revenue compared to our Big Ten peers as well as other Universities located in major metropolitan markets.

All chairback seating areas (seats between the goal lines) will increase from $275 to $330. All bench seating areas will increase from $275 to $310. There will be no changes to any of the scholarship seating donations for the 2014 season.

In comparison to football season ticket prices in the Big Ten conference, Minnesota will be the 7th highest.

We will renew all four of our tickets and intend to stay in the same spot in Section 212 where all four of our tickets have been since TCF Bank Stadium opened. We love being on the "sunny" side and our current seats are just a few rows behind the $250 donation level, so no real need for us to increase from our $100 per seat spot.

I can't wait for the season to get here!

Go Gophers!!

Renewing 4 seats. Probably stay towards the top of 213. Don't have to worry about people whining when we stand up and still a great view.

Just hit me that I've graduated and won't be able to get student tickets next year. What exactly is the process? What are the deadlines?

We have 6 seats in Sec 117. Sunny corner of the end zone. We've had them since TCF opened. Love the fact we are only 2 rows from the top. Easy in and out to concession stand and bathrooms.

Just hit me that I've graduated and won't be able to get student tickets next year. What exactly is the process? What are the deadlines?

Congrats on your graduation- and hopeful employment!!

Our 4 will be renewed. We have had season tickets since 2006.

We chose Section 115 for following reasons:

1) Closed end of stadium,
2) Sun for late fall games,
3) Close to band and student section so our children could see students having fun (Bonus: Goldy is there a ton), and
4) Thought it would provide protection from a NW wind.

We enjoy the section and the people who sit there. Getting to be like a family reunion every season.

I like our seats in 208. We try to improve each year, but tough to move 16 seats and keep them together. I'm guessing we'll be there forever.

renewing my 12 but moving 4 to the end zone in the open end near the beer! Hoping there will be room.

I like our seats in 208. We try to improve each year, but tough to move 16 seats and keep them together. I'm guessing we'll be there forever.

Also in 208 and will stay there. Will try to move lower - currently row 20-ish.

Will renew our seven for our 11th season of Gopher Football. Looking forward to warmer weather to make further improvements to the "M" Bulance!

We are in section 232, row 3. We choose those seats because of the unbelievable view of downtown, The Barn, The Mecca, and the scoreboard. It does get damn chilly though later in the year being in the shade. We got really lucky because the people around us are fantastic, we are allowed to stand and have fun.....it is football on a Saturday after all!

My best friend is going to buy his own four season tickets this year, and while I'll be sad to not sit by him anymore it's awesome that the Gophers will have new season ticket holders. Plus it will give us a chance to invite new people that may one day buy their own.

This upcoming season will be our second as season ticket holders. We had two seats last season but will add a third seat this season.

I will be renewing my 6 tickets in Section 103. Would like to add a tailgate pass on the east bank for fall games this year, but the likely good of that seems slim. Looking forward to next season though!

We got my friend's two seats next to ours in 133 last year, so now we have 6 together. We've been in the same spot since TCF opened. We chose it because we're right on the aisle across from the student section. So a lot less problems with complaining about standing. The shade in the last couple games gets a bit cold, but IMO, is better than staring into the sun for the first couple.

Via the link, it looks like you can call to make a deposit. My question is after you do that, how long will it be until you get called about picking seats? How likely would it be to get a group of seats together? I am talking 10 or so seats. Any experiences with that on this board?

https://www.mygophersports.com/online/football-tickets-season

Renewing ours but will look for a new location. Didn't love being under the overhang in the first deck.

Via the link, it looks like you can call to make a deposit. My question is after you do that, how long will it be until you get called about picking seats? How likely would it be to get a group of seats together? I am talking 10 or so seats. Any experiences with that on this board?

While it is not exactly the same, it took me a while to get 6 tickets all together in 103. Like, 3 seasons to get there. I started with 2 together when the stadium opened and have slowly worked our way up to getting to having 6 consectutive together all in the same row with the original 2. If you are looking for 10 or more together, my guess would be you would have to be willing to sacrifice location, i.e. somwhere in the upper bowl, possibly the upper corners. But, who knows. Best of luck to you though!

We will be renewing our 2 in the 4th row of 101. We love these seats, great view of the scoreboard when the play is on the far side, the seats are sunny, and it is easy to get in and out of the stadium and we can avoid the busy concourses entirely.

Also in 208 -4 seats in row 22. Love being on the sunny side (most days) and love the great view of the game that the upper deck gives us. Would like to be lower in the section.
208 probably has the least people standing up on 3rd downs and other key situations - trying to turn that around, starting with my 3 boys.

Last season was my first season and I believe the first season where they allowed you to select seats when you put the deposit down (Originally had seats in 202). Then when they do upgrades and renewals they put the new ticket holders in the final zone and call once all other season ticket holders have been upgraded, this is how I ended up in 213.

Will be renewing 4 again in 209, up from two a few years back. Also like the sunny side and the opportunity to get the photo of the winning score on the scoreboard over a shoulder.

Missed having the sun on us, and the acoustics are weird under there. Couldn't see the scoreboard either... just kind of felt isolated.

That's interesting. The few times it has rained I envied fans sitting in those seats. But I see your point.

We'll renew our four tix. Two in 209 which I believe are the best seats in the stadium plus two in 237 that are also great seats.

Go Gophers!

4 back in 212.

Like the sun, student section & Goldy aren't too far away either. 35yd line and seats that cover our tailgate lot donation help too.

Can't wait to get back to our 2 seats. Currently in 238. Would love to move down, if possible. I'm one of the weirdos that like the shady side better. We were in 213 the first few years and it was too hot baking in the sun during the early season games. I can dress for the cold. So all you guys keep moving to the sunny side so I can move down! ;-)

I will be renewing my four seats in section 117 row 14, the last few years have been great there with the solid group of fans in rows 12,13,14,and 15!

BTW - for those who haven't figured it out or are wondering - the sunny side trumps the shady side ten fold. Game 1&2 may get warm, but it makes all the diff in the world every other game. Not even close, IMO.

BTW - for those who haven't figured it out or are wondering - the sunny side trumps the shady side ten fold. Game 1&2 may get warm, but it makes all the diff in the world every other game. Not even close, IMO.

AGREED!!

Wimps!

Top Bottom