Student tix - PSU makes you swipe an ID

GoAUpher

Section 246
Reaction score
I know some folks have been asking how other B10 schools distribute/enforce student tickets. It looks like PSU just changed their policy when it comes to matching tickets to students.

Key section:
TICKET RESALE POLICY
4. The season ticket process is intended solely for Penn State students who plan to attend the scheduled games and support the Nittany Lions. There will be no student coupons mailed for the 2009 Nittany Lion Football Season. All tickets will be on the Penn State student issued ID card which must be swiped upon entry to the stadium. Information on how to sell individual game student tickets will be posted on "Student Central" on August 4, 2009.​

This article from last Spring also breaks down how they distribute their tickets and discusses the concerns with scalping that led to the current ID swipe policy.

I hope they do some robust testing with the process. I would hate to get to the stadium and swipe my card and have it not show that I bought tickets due to some online error or something.

I hope they do some robust testing with the process. I would hate to get to the stadium and swipe my card and have it not show that I bought tickets due to some online error or something.

Hopefully they'd have some easy way to double check...shift you to a new line where there is someone with the list on a laptop or something so they could compare your name/ID # to the list and get you on your way.

Top Bottom