Badgers Friday

mplsbadger

Reaction score
BTN not using overflow channels? Anyone know how to get on Comcast?

Should be okay now, but with the way they are playing, they're going to get drilled. No passion while UW smells sweep and Gophers seem all to willing to hand it right on over without much of a fight...disgusting so far.

I have not watched much hockey this season, but after watching last night and tonight's game, I do not see how we are #1 and wis is #12. We look very pedestrian.

I have not watched much hockey this season, but after watching last night and tonight's game, I do not see how we are #1 and wis is #12. We look very pedestrian.

When they decide to bring it, they have the ability to not only beat anybody, but to absolutely dominate anybody (the 6-1 thrashing of soon-to-be-No.1 Boston College being an example). But there are times when they look very disinterested, which has been a running trait of Don Lucia teams. They played a little better in the second period tonight, but still not very good at all through 40 minutes. It's kind of hard to fathom with a team that was 19-3-4 heading into tonight that they've faded recently, but they certainly haven't been nearly as good as they were earlier in the year.

Game over...swept by the most overrated program in NCAA hockey...fantastic non-job guys. Figure out your damn offense and do it soon...

Very uninspired play by the gophers. Could be a short post-season if the play like this.

Again, it's a pattern of Gopher hockey. Last year's choke in the NCAAs was totally unacceptable and it would not be at all surprising if it happened again. Still some games left to try and figure out how to score the damn puck (hint, actually taking vision away from the opposing goal tender and not trying every single shot from 30 feet out might be a good start).

Bottom line is that motivation has always been a problem with Lucia teams, especially as the season goes on. Never know what team you'll get and with this much talent, that's pretty telling.

This was a horrible series. However, it shows what I like most about hockey. If the better team comes out disinterested, they can be beat by a hungrier weaker opponent. I feel like in other sports, it is easier for a more talented team to give less than 100% and still win on their talent. Gophers need to find some more hunger soon, we have a big series against Michigan. I know Wisconsin has a good defense, but 2 goals in a weekend is unacceptable.

Good to hear what everyone else is thinking. This team is not consistent enough. They play well when they want to which just isn't enough. We are going to be embarrassed in the post-season once again if this keeps up.

Top Bottom