doogie, maturi, Brewster

Reaction score
Doogie is an amateur and a wannabe Paul Alan...teens and idiots love the guy. Maturi has done a fabulous job with an almost impossible environment. Brewster is Brewster and if he pisses off somebody, too bad. Since Brewster has arrived he has created excitement and the increased popularity of the program. All this talk about not having coaching stripes on Brewster's sleeve is all crap. The guy is nationally connected and a lot of people are jealous of his potential.

Maybe a Little Strong, but.....

Doogie is an amateur and a wannabe Paul Alan...teens and idiots love the guy. Maturi has done a fabulous job with an almost impossible environment. Brewster is Brewster and if he pisses off somebody, too bad. Since Brewster has arrived he has created excitement and the increased popularity of the program. All this talk about not having coaching stripes on Brewster's sleeve is all crap. The guy is nationally connected and a lot of people are jealous of his potential.

...I agree that Maturi has done a very good job. Doogie is interesting at times, but he sure is not a pro at what he does. There is a real immaturity about him. He is kind of like a kid who doesn't get the nuances of human interaction (like the relationship between Maturi/staff with Brewster). Any hard charger will drive the people around him crazy at times. Doogie rumor-mongered that fact needlessly. He has opinions and little or no wise analysis.

Let's break this down

Questions for you:

1st sentence - How can you be taken seriously when you spell Paul Allen's name wrong?
3rd sentence - What is so impossible about Maturi's environment?
4th sentence - What do you mean by too bad?...so it was ok when he called Charlie Weis fat? and said what he said about Patrick?
5th sentence - Don't you think the new stadium has as much, if not more, to do with the added excitement surrounding the program?
6th sentence - Why is it wrong to wonder why his alma mater, Illinois, wouldn't even grant him an interview after Ron Turner's exit? and why is it wrong to wonder why he was never a coordinator?
7th sentence - Who's jealous? One thing I bet we can mutually agree upon...we'd like to see the football team have success...and make it to a legit bowl game.

All good coaches are arrogant pricks. Can you imagine how insufferable Mase would've been if he were a winner????
Brewster has the right attitude, I honestly believe he's bringing the gophers far.....as far as we've all been hoping and wishing for; for years and years.

Questions for you:

1st sentence - How can you be taken seriously when you spell Paul Allen's name wrong?
4th sentence - What do you mean by too bad?...so it was ok when he called Charlie Weis fat? and said what he said about Patrick?
5th sentence - Don't you think the new stadium has as much, if not more, to do with the added excitement surrounding the program?
6th sentence - Why is it wrong to wonder why his alma mater, Illinois, wouldn't even grant him an interview after Ron Turner's exit? and why is it wrong to wonder why he was never a coordinator?
7th sentence - Who's jealous? One thing I bet we can mutually agree upon...we'd like to see the football team have success...and make it to a legit bowl game.

I would also be curious how he could be an assistant with Mac Brown for 13 years and never get promoted by him or that Mac couldn't help him get a coordinator job elsewhere. Yet Mac brings in a new defensive coordinator this year and after one season pushed for him to be named head coach designate when he retires. Maybe Mac felt Brewster wasn't suited to be a coordinator, that is atleast how it appears by his actions.

Quicksand?

Questions for you:

I don't think that confrontations on a message board are good for a public figure. Especially when statements such as the alleged Weis and Reusse comments are all but impossible to prove.

I've heard things (rumors) about you as well, but I choose to go by what I've heard with my own two ears. That is, when you were on KFAN, you spoke positively about the Gophers. By that I mean you didn't unnecessarily badmouth the athletic department or any of the teams. I choose to assume the best until I hear otherwise.

So what is my point? I think that getting into spats on this board can only hurt you. This is assuming that you are actually the Doogie. In addition, spreading gossip only hurts, it doesn't help. It also opens up the door for people to drag you through the mud; Fairly or unfairly.

In the end this spat and the Dantonio debate, interesting or not, do NOTHING to advance the Gopher football program. I hope that we ALL take what is best for the football program into consideration.

Just an unsolicited opinion from a Gopher fan.

Cheers!

I would also be curious how he could be an assistant with Mac Brown for 13 years and never get promoted by him or that Mac couldn't help him get a coordinator job elsewhere. Yet Mac brings in a new defensive coordinator this year and after one season pushed for him to be named head coach designate when he retires. Maybe Mac felt Brewster wasn't suited to be a coordinator, that is atleast how it appears by his actions.

Of course, you are presuming he wanted to be a coordinator.

ohhhh is little doogie wolfson your new BFF gophergod (a.k.a. brewster hater)?

so are you ever going to post something even remotely interesting to read regarding gopher footbal or just continue to spew your hate for brewster day after day? can't wait for your answer. however, i am pretty sure i already know what the context of it will be so maybe you should just save all of us the time and frustration.

Of course, you are presuming he wanted to be a coordinator.

I would assume if you want to be a head coach you would want or be open to a coordinator position since it is very difficult to go from being a position coach straight to a head coach, especially at the BCS level. Having coordinator experience enhances your resume and gives you greater experience which makes you a stronger candidate for a head coaching job.

I would assume if you want to be a head coach you would want or be open to a coordinator position since it is very difficult to go from being a position coach straight to a head coach, especially at the BCS level.

That seems to a hang up that is uniquely yours.

That seems to a hang up that is uniquely yours.

Apparently not uniquely mine, seems to be shared by the other programs that never interviewed him and the head coaches that never promoted him.

I don't think that confrontations on a message board are good for a public figure............I think that getting into spats on this board can only hurt you. This is assuming that you are actually the Doogie. In addition, spreading gossip only hurts, it doesn't help. It also opens up the door for people to drag you through the mud; Fairly or unfairly.............

I agree. This is a completely unprofessional thing for him to do. While I think Doogie had a right to defend himself regarding the OP he once again has chosen to go about things the wrong way. Sad as I use to be a fan. Personally, I can't wait for this Doogie drama to be over with.

so are you ever going to post something even remotely interesting to read regarding gopher footbal or just continue to spew your hate for brewster day after day? can't wait for your answer. however, i am pretty sure i already know what the context of it will be so maybe you should just save all of us the time and frustration.

Save yourself some time then and quit wasting your time writing posts to me if you already know my answer. I will not apologize for having higher expectations for the program than you.

Save yourself some time then and quit wasting your time writing posts to me if you already know my answer. I will not apologize for having higher expectations for the program than you.

nobody has higher expectations for the U of M football program than me. i am just not a GIANT PRICK letting everyone know about it like you are brotha!

Apparently not uniquely mine, seems to be shared by the other programs that never interviewed him and the head coaches that never promoted him.

Oh I see. They did not give him a job he did not apply for because he never held that job before. You are very funny. :clap:

nobody has higher expectations for the U of M football program than me. i am just not a GIANT PRICK letting everyone know about it like you are brotha!

First off your not my brotha. Secondly, having high expectations and then making excuses for poor performance does not equate in my book. I will give Brewster credit as many fans have for not wanting to make excuses for a loss or poor performance, so do what he asks and don't create excuses. At the end of the day it is okay for us to have different opinions and share them in an open forum like this. We will both be there cheering on Saturdays we just disagree on who and how the program is being led. No different than me disagreeing with a friend on who should be President of the U.S. Our choice in candidates or displeasure with a presidents policy doesn't make any one of us less of an American.

First off your not my brotha. Secondly, having high expectations and then making excuses for poor performance does not equate in my book. I will give Brewster credit as many fans have for not wanting to make excuses for a loss or poor performance, so do what he asks and don't create excuses. At the end of the day it is okay for us to have different opinions and share them in an open forum like this. We will both be there cheering on Saturdays we just disagree on who and how the program is being led. No different than me disagreeing with a friend on who should be President of the U.S. Our choice in candidates or displeasure with a presidents policy doesn't make any one of us less of an American.

apparently you did not pick up on the italics or the obvious sarcasm in my use of the term "brotha". oh well!

One Annoying Dude

Couldn't help notice this thread. GopherGod, you are one annoying little dude. Get a job. Work hard. Get some sleep. A wonderful world will open up to you.

I agree. This is a completely unprofessional thing for him to do. While I think Doogie had a right to defend himself regarding the OP he once again has chosen to go about things the wrong way. Sad as I use to be a fan. Personally, I can't wait for this Doogie drama to be over with.
ditto

How old are you??? And why do you have higher expectations than most people if you are under the age of 50??? I mean this team hasn't been a seriously contender for decades, maybe you should re-evaluate your expectations???

I think I may have mentioned this to you before, but.......... your a d-bag. Sad you spend so much of your life on here just increasing the negativity in your life. You should find something you enjoy..... make a friend or two. Hope this helps little buddy.

I think GG got picked on a little bit as a youngster, he comes on this cyberworld and gets to argue with people and be the one picking on others. Good for him if that is what he needs in his life, I can only imagine how pathetic it was in the first place.

I'm glad to see other getting on his case, finally people are starting to realize the troll is by far the biggest D-bag on the board. His passive aggressive posts, which are drenched in negativity, are far more annoying than ones where people just say they aren't Gopher fans. Grade A douche.

how about those gophers!!! Cant wait to see them on field. The new stadium will be a great time, great experience, great memory. GO GOPHERS!

Amen!

We all share a true passion for Gophers athletics...it always amazes me to read the amount of venom on here, GI, and Youngblood's blog...the name-calling, etc...it seems to me that its 50 times worse when it comes to Gophers sports compared to any other team in town...civil conversations can be had, I would believe...I hope I am welcomed here at GH.

Bronko Quote: "nobody has higher expectations for the U of M football program than me. i am just not a GIANT PRICK letting everyone know about it like you are brotha!"

Bronko, you may not have a large penis (it must have been hard for you to admit that), but I think it is safe to say that you are the biggest ASSHOLE on this board.

I think GG got picked on a little bit as a youngster, he comes on this cyberworld and gets to argue with people and be the one picking on others. Good for him if that is what he needs in his life, I can only imagine how pathetic it was in the first place.

I'm glad to see other getting on his case, finally people are starting to realize the troll is by far the biggest D-bag on the board. His passive aggressive posts, which are drenched in negativity, are far more annoying than ones where people just say they aren't Gopher fans. Grade A douche.

I guess the question should be to you, how old are you and what is your education level if you cannot carry on a simple conversation or debate without resorting to name calling. You seem to have a unhealthy interest in my life and well being, do you have a man crush on me or something? I simply raise questions about the qualifications and directions of the leader of the program, if that is viewed as being to negative you clearly haven't ever read another programs message boards as I am pretty tame. You are free to think what you want of me and I take it with a grain of salt because of who it is coming from and the fact that you are a child who resorts to name calling with any poster that doesn't share your views.

civility

The amount of venom on here, and other blogs is strictly due to the portrayal of Gopher football in the MN press. Only one writer or radio personality has consistently said anything positive about the Gophers, and he's considered well into his senility by most. Most every discussion on boards start with some negativity or rumors reported in one of the papers or from the two afternoon guys on KFAN grabbing at ratings.
The only positive press revolves around the stadium, that's why it can lead people to believe that it's the only thing making the program seem more popular.

I believe that the actual Doogie posted before as Cheryl Littlejohn a couple years ago. Granted, anyone can get a new name anytime...

It's his 3rd year...the year when most coaches should be judged for a combination of recruiting and coaching. If there is continued improvement, a signature win or two, and a decent bowl game...I would say the trajectory is on the right course, and he is doing his job.

at this point, his prior coaching experience is irrelevant. he has two years of gopher head coaching experience, and he's proven himself to be an excellent recruiter and a mediocre (but improving) game day coach. the dunbar experiment failed, but I believe he's got the right guy in Fisch. Hopefully Cosgrove pans out.

Bottom line is the program is going in the right direction, there is talent here and more coming in. The question is if Brewster can effectively coach them up, which we will know after this year and next. If the program flatlines after year 4, we should be concerned.

civil conversations can be had, I would believe...

Says the guy that if you dare to have an opinion that: You can be a good/great head coach w/out being a coordinator....You are absurd and delusional. And the only way you can arrive at such an opinion means you are a Kook-aid drinker.

Yes, very civil indeed.

Top Bottom