Gophers-Longhorns -- it's SID OFFICIAL!

AWESOME is all I have to say!!

:clap::clap::clap:

If this is indeed true, this is AWESOME!

Ah yes, the Battle of I-35! :clap:

Great news, I love the teams the Gophers have coming up the next few years.

I am really excited for the game in Austin, that will definitely be a fun weekend on 6th street.

Wow, this is awesome!!! I'll get more excited when firm dates are set, but good for Brewster and for The U!!

I give Brewster a ton of credit for his scheduling approach.

Go Gophers!!

Sweet!! Hopefully we don't play texas and usc in the same season.

I don't know how many of you were aware of this, but a week or so before our series with USC was announced, Wisconsin turned down Texas for a home and home series. So for me the best part of this news is that it definitely appears to the nation the Gophers aren't afraid to test themselves in non-conference, while the badgers look scared to play a real team. I can just see Brewster hearing Wisconsin turned away Texas and immediately getting a hold of his Texas connections saying if they won't play you, we will! I guarantee you once badger fans catch wind of this they are going to be PISSED. For years they have wanted a premium non-conf opponent at Camp Randall! I can't wait to hear my badger friends start complaining!:clap:

I would think at least 1 of the matchups will happen fairly soon so Brewster can coach against his son Nolan.

I would think at least 1 of the matchups will happen fairly soon so Brewster can coach against his son Nolan.

Do we play USC in 2010 and 2011? If so, we probably wouldn't play Texas until 2012 at the earliest. I doubt they put USC and Texas on the schedule in the same year. When does Nolan graduate?

Do we play USC in 2010 and 2011? If so, we probably wouldn't play Texas until 2012 at the earliest. I doubt they put USC and Texas on the schedule in the same year. When does Nolan graduate?

No, I believe there were at least 2-3 years between the USC games. 2011 might be a good time to play Texas.

No, I believe there were at least 2-3 years between the USC games. 2011 might be a good time to play Texas.

Gophers host USC in 2010.
Gophers play at USC in 2011.

Nolan graduates from Texas in 2012. I'm guessing 2012 is year one of the MN-TX series.

If you look at the current schedules for each team it looks like two out of these 3 years would make sense, 2011, 2012, 2014. They could play Oct 1 in 2011 and since we play NDSU and Miami of Ohio in addition to USC it might night be that much of a stretch to do it then. Otherwise in 2012 we could play Sept. 29th but that year we already have Colorado and Syracuse scheduled. In 2013 we already have 4 games schedule so in 2014 we could play Sept 27th. I am sure games could be dropped but looking at the schedules over the next 5 years those are the dates that both teams have open.

Lets Beat OSU and Michigan! Those are the teams I want to see the Gophers kick! And then, let's go into PSU and do a number on them! Then, I want to see the Gophers beat MSU and Purdue. Next, I want to beat Illinois and NU. Stomp Indiana and....oh yes... iowa and wisky too!

It seems to me that I recall many years ago that the Gophers had Texas on their future schedule. One of the first things lou hoax did was cancel that sucker. Go figure?

Look out Texas in ???? The Gophers will be in Austin, TX in ???? I know that I sure want the Gophers to beat the Big Ten from top to bottom before that date with Texas in ????

Actually Nolan graduates in 2011 so if we wanted to play them while he was still there it would have to be then as he will be a sophomore this fall

Lets Beat OSU and Michigan! Those are the teams I want to see the Gophers kick! And then, let's go into PSU and do a number on them! Then, I want to see the Gophers beat MSU and Purdue. Next, I want to beat Illinois and NU. Stomp Indiana and....oh yes... iowa and wisky too!

It seems to me that I recall many years ago that the Gophers had Texas on their future schedule. One of the first things lou hoax did was cancel that sucker. Go figure?

Look out Texas in ???? The Gophers will be in Austin, TX in ???? I know that I sure want the Gophers to beat the Big Ten from top to bottom before that date with Texas in ????

okay. thanks pantherhawk. really interesting reading as usual. :rolleyes:

I hope we dont drop our trip to Colorado in 2012 to accomodate Texas!! I would really love to make that road trip!!

Until reading this post it never occured to me just how important it is to beat Big Ten teams. Wow. Someone should really go on a message-board crusade to get the word out.

If we have the open date, why not play USC and Texas in the same year. Talk about being battle tested for the big ten, what would have to lose? So maybe we start the year 1-2, but I would have no problem with it. I think the press of having probably the #1 schedule in the country would be worth it. Two more big time TV games too.

Even if we end up 7-5 for the year, every time we are mentioned by commentators, and Bowl committee reps, our record will come with a mention of our daunting schedule.

or we could beat one or both of them....then thats a different story.

awesome! my respect for brewster continues to build. naysayers - we await your spin..

on how this is in some way a bad thing for building back up the prominence of the football program. 4starrecruit and nervous gopher where are you?! trolls!

If we have the open date, why not play USC and Texas in the same year. Talk about being battle tested for the big ten, what would have to lose? So maybe we start the year 1-2, but I would have no problem with it. I think the press of having probably the #1 schedule in the country would be worth it. Two more big time TV games too.

I call that the Oregon State approach. They usually have a brutal non-conference schedule, which leads to a slow start, but they're ready come conference play and last year were four quarters away from the Rose Bowl.

Ignore Wren (as always), playing Texas is great.

Yeah! Let's line USC and Texas up back to back. Then bring in Colorado. let's do Air Force again then. Next bring onOSU and Michigan back to back. Then MSU and PSU. iowa and wisky. Then Purdue and Illinois. We can call it a season then.

Just do it boys and girls...just do it! So, what is the record going to be? How many wins and how many losses?

The object is to win the stinking Big Ten championship. Just line 'em up and do it then boys and giirls. Big plans. Big talk.

Playing a team and competing in a game are two different things. 55 to nothing was incredibly discouraging in 2008. Ready for prime tme yet? I don't know boys and girls.

Actually Nolan graduates in 2011 so if we wanted to play them while he was still there it would have to be then as he will be a sophomore this fall

He actually really does graduate in 2012 (spring of 2012). But, you're correct, his final football season is the fall of 2011. I wasn't thinking right.

goldmember: it is important to win Big Ten games. Why isn't brewster doing it????? He is 3-13 in Big Ten play. That is a fact. How many Big Ten games will he win in 2009????? Doesn't matter to you????? I'm a Golden Gopher fan who has been around for a LONG time. In my book, Big Ten wins are precious. They aren't easy to come by. Any and every Big Ten win means more than any other kind of win.

Sorry, I can't get too excited about some yet to be determined Texas home and home series. When will the games be played. Get the facts...get the dates locked in stone. Show me that it's going to actually happen. Then go out and win a heck of a lot of Big Ten games in 2009. Now THAT would be something to get excited about.

You people just hate the fact that this brewster has to play these Big Ten games don't you? You don't appreciate Big Ten games do you? You pretend you don't care that this brewster has a 3-13 record in the Big Ten play while he has been in charge.

You call me names because I tell you that the Big Ten games are the only games that matter. What conference does the University of Minnesota Football Team belong to? That's right: the Big Ten Conference. Nothing else compares with Big Ten games.

Schedule anyone you want, but, unless he wins a hell of a lot of big Ten football games, this brewster won't be around to ever take a team into Austin...Austin Texas or even Austin Minnesota. For Brewster it is "win in the Big Ten or you'll never coach again..."

YAWN!!!

Yeah! Let's line USC and Texas up back to back. Then bring in Colorado. let's do Air Force again then. Next bring onOSU and Michigan back to back. Then MSU and PSU. iowa and wisky. Then Purdue and Illinois. We can call it a season then.

Just do it boys and girls...just do it! So, what is the record going to be? How many wins and how many losses?

The object is to win the stinking Big Ten championship. Just line 'em up and do it then boys and giirls. Big plans. Big talk.

Playing a team and competing in a game are two different things. 55 to nothing was incredibly discouraging in 2008. Ready for prime tme yet? I don't know boys and girls.

YAWN! you are so tiring pantherhawk.....

Top Bottom