Gophers-Longhorns -- it's SID OFFICIAL!

goldmember: it is important to win Big Ten games. Why isn't brewster doing it????? He is 3-13 in Big Ten play. That is a fact. How many Big Ten games will he win in 2009????? Doesn't matter to you????? I'm a Golden Gopher fan who has been around for a LONG time. In my book, Big Ten wins are precious. They aren't easy to come by. Any and every Big Ten win means more than any other kind of win.

Sorry, I can't get too excited about some yet to be determined Texas home and home series. When will the games be played. Get the facts...get the dates locked in stone. Show me that it's going to actually happen. Then go out and win a heck of a lot of Big Ten games in 2009. Now THAT would be something to get excited about.

You people just hate the fact that this brewster has to play these Big Ten games don't you? You don't appreciate Big Ten games do you? You pretend you don't care that this brewster has a 3-13 record in the Big Ten play while he has been in charge.

You call me names because I tell you that the Big Ten games are the only games that matter. What conference does the University of Minnesota Football Team belong to? That's right: the Big Ten Conference. Nothing else compares with Big Ten games.

Schedule anyone you want, but, unless he wins a hell of a lot of big Ten football games, this brewster won't be around to ever take a team into Austin...Austin Texas or even Austin Minnesota. For Brewster it is "win in the Big Ten or you'll never coach again..."

who is "this" brewster? i know of a coach named tim brewster. can you help me out pantherhawk?

Playing a team and competing in a game are two different things. 55 to nothing was incredibly discouraging in 2008. Ready for prime tme yet? I don't know boys and girls.

You give away your true iowa colors right there.

I'm not so sure Brewster would want to play against his kid. I don't know if Nolan would be all that happy if his dad's team beat him and potentially ruin his chance to go to a national championship game. I think the Brewster family would rather wait till Nolan was gone.

It's just exciting to see the Gophers play great teams like this. USC and Texas??? That's just nice all around. Gets fans excited, gets players excited, and probably gets recruits excited as well as they know they'll be playing in big time games if they come here, and in an incredible stadium. Doesn't get much better than that.

I'm not so sure Brewster would want to play against his kid. I don't know if Nolan would be all that happy if his dad's team beat him and potentially ruin his chance to go to a national championship game. I think the Brewster family would rather wait till Nolan was gone.

I agree. If I remember correctly, one of the stated reasons Clint transferred his committment to MN from IL was because the Brewsters didn't want to compete against each other.....

Am I remembering this correctly?

Great for recruiting TX players

This series with Texas should really help us recruit some more great Texas high school players because they will see a future trip to Austin to play in front of their family & friends. This could be the best part of scheduling this series.

Tim Brewster was just on with Dave Lee on WCCO and said that Sid jumped the gun. Nothing is signed and nothing is official. Brew says they've been negotiating for this series since he got here and they are hopeful something can get done, but nothing is official. His words - Sid "jumped the gun." In fact, he said he hopes Sid doesn't jeopardize the negotiation by reporting this. Whoops!

Sid was on a few minutes earlier and said Maturi told him the series was going to happen.

I have to believe Sid probably did jump the gun and that Maturi probably said something like "we're getting close."

The object is to win the stinking Big Ten championship. Just line 'em up and do it then boys and giirls. Big plans. Big talk.

Well good thing the games with Texas will obviously not at all determine if we win the Big Ten regardless of if we get a win or loss :rolleyes:

Personally I would rather have nonconference game against a quality opponent regardless of outcome, than an irrelevant thumping of the Southeast Central Louisiana State University Muddogs (or equivalent).

See you in Austin! Giddy-up! :clap:

Sid really losing it

We should all read everything that Sid writes now and wonder if it is 100% true. Whether you are a fan of his or not, he has really started to go downhill and his reporting is going down too.

Did you see him on the Sunday sports show on 4/26 yell at Dark Star about Dark not knowing anything about the Vikings because Dark doesn't hang out at Winter Park? Sid yelled and really looked like he was going to lose it/go crazy. One of these days Sid is going to do something really embarrassing and could lose his job and reputation.

I think playing Texas and USC does help us win big ten games. We could actually be battle tested by the time we get to the big ten, where stopping Iowa, or scoring against Wisconsin doesnt seem as hard once we've played tougher games and maybe even had some success against higher level opponents.

Yeah! Let's line USC and Texas up back to back. Then bring in Colorado. let's do Air Force again then. Next bring onOSU and Michigan back to back. Then MSU and PSU. iowa and wisky. Then Purdue and Illinois. We can call it a season then.

Just do it boys and girls...just do it! So, what is the record going to be? How many wins and how many losses?

The object is to win the stinking Big Ten championship. Just line 'em up and do it then boys and giirls. Big plans. Big talk.

Playing a team and competing in a game are two different things. 55 to nothing was incredibly discouraging in 2008. Ready for prime tme yet? I don't know boys and girls.

:confused:

goldmember: it is important to win Big Ten games. Why isn't brewster doing it????? He is 3-13 in Big Ten play. That is a fact. How many Big Ten games will he win in 2009????? Doesn't matter to you????? I'm a Golden Gopher fan who has been around for a LONG time. In my book, Big Ten wins are precious. They aren't easy to come by. Any and every Big Ten win means more than any other kind of win.

Sorry, I can't get too excited about some yet to be determined Texas home and home series. When will the games be played. Get the facts...get the dates locked in stone. Show me that it's going to actually happen. Then go out and win a heck of a lot of Big Ten games in 2009. Now THAT would be something to get excited about.

You people just hate the fact that this brewster has to play these Big Ten games don't you? You don't appreciate Big Ten games do you? You pretend you don't care that this brewster has a 3-13 record in the Big Ten play while he has been in charge.

You call me names because I tell you that the Big Ten games are the only games that matter. What conference does the University of Minnesota Football Team belong to? That's right: the Big Ten Conference. Nothing else compares with Big Ten games.

Schedule anyone you want, but, unless he wins a hell of a lot of big Ten football games, this brewster won't be around to ever take a team into Austin...Austin Texas or even Austin Minnesota. For Brewster it is "win in the Big Ten or you'll never coach again..."

Ok, who let WREN back into GH! I would like to have my GH Wren-free!:mad:

I'm assuming Nervous Gopher is excitedly lining up Longhorn fans to buys his tickets as we speak.

Not now chief, he's in the zone. He and his crew are hunting me down. I fear a body cast is definitely in my future... :cry:

A wise man once said "to be the man, you've got to beat the man". Will the Gophers get killed against UT/and or USC? It's very possible. You never know what you're made of until you're tested. I'll take a 14 point loss in Austin over a 3 point victory in Toledo any day.

Tim Brewster was just on with Dave Lee on WCCO and said that Sid jumped the gun. Nothing is signed and nothing is official. Brew says they've been negotiating for this series since he got here and they are hopeful something can get done, but nothing is official. His words - Sid "jumped the gun." In fact, he said he hopes Sid doesn't jeopardize the negotiation by reporting this. Whoops!

Sid was on a few minutes earlier and said Maturi told him the series was going to happen.

I have to believe Sid probably did jump the gun and that Maturi probably said something like "we're getting close."

When will my fellow GopherHolers ever learn? So much time gets spent ripping Reusse that the incompetence of Sid is too easily forgotten.

Question for the Renegade Rambler

"You call me names because I tell you that the Big Ten games are the only games that matter."

Hmmm. ... I seem to recall something along the lines of, "All games count the same. 1 game is no more important than the other. All games count .083333333 of the (12-game) schedule." Yadda. Yadda. Yadda. When Glen was here, weren't you the same guy who concluded beating the likes of UL-Lafayette, Temple, Illinois State. etc., counted 1 and was the equivalent of beating a Big 10 opponent?

Has your tune changed now that Brew apparently isn't afraid to schedule teams that actually might offer some resistance? Of course we all know conference games are more important (as you keep repeating over & over & over & over) because by winning those you take the most direct path to the Rose Bowl. But there are some of us who see more value -- win or lose -- in playing the USCs, Cals and Colorados of the world as opposed to a steady diet of the above-mentioned stiffs that Glen padded his record on.

We should all read everything that Sid writes now and wonder if it is 100% true. Whether you are a fan of his or not, he has really started to go downhill and his reporting is going down too.

Did you see him on the Sunday sports show on 4/26 yell at Dark Star about Dark not knowing anything about the Vikings because Dark doesn't hang out at Winter Park? Sid yelled and really looked like he was going to lose it/go crazy. One of these days Sid is going to do something really embarrassing and could lose his job and reputation.

can't really blame him. i wouldn't want to be on that show with pat reusse, dark star and mike max either!

"You call me names because I tell you that the Big Ten games are the only games that matter."

Hmmm. ... I seem to recall something along the lines of, "All games count the same. 1 game is no more important than the other. All games count .083333333 of the (12-game) schedule." Yadda. Yadda. Yadda. When Glen was here, weren't you the same guy who concluded beating the likes of UL-Lafayette, Temple, Illinois State. etc., counted 1 and was the equivalent of beating a Big 10 opponent?

Game, set, match.

Sorry, Wren.

That's great. Good things on the horizon for Gophers football. Sid Hartman is still the worst major-newspaper sports writer in the country though. Just thought I'd throw that in.

"A high-school dropout, SID HARTMAN received no formal writing training, and has always lacked the skill and originality one might expect for a writer with his experience."-Sports Illustrated

So a win over a top-10 team like USC or Texas mean nothing compared to ANY Big Ten win? Really?

As for the rest of it, wtf are you talking about? He better win in the Big Ten or he'll never coach again? We don't appreciate Big Ten games and hate the fact that Brewster has to play them? Wow, just wow. :eek::eek:

"A high-school dropout, SID HARTMAN received no formal writing training, and has always lacked the skill and originality one might expect for a writer with his experience."-Sports Illustrated

Haha, that's hilarious!!!:D Sid knows everybody under the sun, and doesn't mind telling everybody this, but I've never been especially impressed with his actual writing skill. It's kind of amusing that SI apparently feels the same way.

Top Bottom