Anas Osama Mahmoud Commits to Louisville

I wonder if this opens the door for Konate or Gueye to commit in the coming days?

Disappointing....

What does this say about some of the local reporting, that insisted Louisville's offer was no longer on the table?

What does this say about some of the local reporting, that insisted Louisville's offer was no longer on the table?

I think Rick was the source of most of that reporting. He stated pretty plainly that they weren't looking at him because they already had a bunch of big guys committed in this class.

He's at least 2-3 years off from being a productive D1 player. I think he'll have a hard time seeing the floor at Louisville.

I kept quiet about this in case he committed here, But since he committed elsewhere... I think he is going to have a hard time being eligible to play in college because he played professionally in Egypt. My girlfriend's brother told me he played for a professional team there, I think they were named Zamelek? But I looked up his claims and he was correct, he indeed looked to be on said teams roster. I got a feeling that florida laid off due to that fact, also thought that was why louisville weren't going after him anymore like reports were saying, but I guess that was not the fact for Louisville.

Here we go...

Everyone was saying he was project when we were going after him, the ideal plan was for him to redshirt while Mo and EE were seniors, put on weight and be ready for the next season. No one's casting stones, but of course you only post when there's either bad news or an opportunity to wag your finger and like we give a **** that you decided to come off your high horse.

I'm not all that upset about not getting him honestly. Never seemed that interested in coming here. The pressure will be turned up on the staff to land Konate now though. What will be interesting is where Michal Cekovsky goes because Louisville's been favorites to get him for quite some time.

Agree with marooned in CA. Here we go again from marooned in CA. GopherHole, the leading authority in Over Analyze 101.

btw, how are we to pronounce the name "Anas" ?

more then Gueye, not Mahmoud.

Not what this tweet suggests

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gophers&src=hash">#Gophers</a> top 2014 big man target is 6-foot-11 Mali native Bakary Konate. They're ok with losing 7'1" center Mahmoud to Louisville today.</p>— Darren Wolfson (@DarrenWolfson) <a href="https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/statuses/440638144124170241">March 4, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not what this tweet suggests

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gophers&src=hash">#Gophers</a> top 2014 big man target is 6-foot-11 Mali native Bakary Konate. They're ok with losing 7'1" center Mahmoud to Louisville today.</p>— Darren Wolfson (@DarrenWolfson) <a href="https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/statuses/440638144124170241">March 4, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Konate seems more realistic to me than Mahmood, I just don't think you are going to get the high profile national recruits until you start winning more.

Well, that particular recruitment was fun enough while it lasted, I guess. I just can't wait to see the day when Richard's able to steal away a recruit from his old man rather than vice-versa, and have no doubt but that day will eventually come come, and obviously and hopefully for our sake, much sooner than later.

I think it's awesome though, father and son squaring off against each other on the recruiting trail like that. Good, good stuff. :)

Best wishes to Anas; seems like a good kid and a serious student.

I want to give him credit for being a good player, but I agree with others here: he might have a hard time finding the floor initially there.

Was perusing the Louisville forums and it looks like Anas was very impressive in their second scrimmage.
Looks like he had 12pts on 6/8 shooting along with 7rebs and 3 blocks. Now people are speculating that the highly rated Matz Stockman will be redshirted since Louisville has like 4 or 5 centers on the roster.

Top Bottom