Just how good is Josh Martin?

Alright, not going to bite. Burn this thread.

That or just get back on topic.

If Travis is 6'8" than Martin is 6'10" he is a good couple inches taller than Travis. He should end splitting the 4 spot with King as Josh can get more done in the blocks and Joey more from the stretch 4.

It will be nice to have a rebounder, shot blocker and an explosive guy who can dunk the blanking ball. EE, Mo, Oto and King were very frustrating in that department (finishing with authority).

It will be nice to have a rebounder, shot blocker and an explosive guy who can dunk the blanking ball. EE, Mo, Oto and King were very frustrating in that department (finishing with authority).[/QUOTE]

No doubt. How often did EE try to finish off an uncontested open basket by shooting a layup? How often did Mo go to the line for two instead of an and-one? It would be nice to see some vicious finishes occasionally.

With Oto moving on and who knows if buggs minutes will increaseQUOTE]

I still have a feeling Buggs will not be with the team next year. I'll add a zero to the end of our good friends perdicetion and put it at a 20% chance.

With Oto moving on and who knows if buggs minutes will increaseQUOTE]

I still have a feeling Buggs will not be with the team next year. I'll add a zero to the end of our good friends perdicetion and put it at a 20% chance.

Fully agree, Buggs seems to be a very likely transfer. Pitino is recruiting over him. We needed an extra body at the 4 big time last year, and still Buggs never played. Yes he was a freshman, but a 20-21 year old freshman.

Martin will be a fan favorite for sure. I am thinking he is closer to 6'7" than 6'9"

Martin will be a fan favorite for sure. I am thinking he is closer to 6'7" than 6'9"

I've analyzed the video in great detail. He is neither 6'7, nor 6'9. He is 7'5. He will play small forward for us. It is known.

Double post...

Attachments

• josh-martin-height.jpg
    josh-martin-height.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 36

Finally. Proof. I have submitted this totally scientific image for the sole purpose of sparking interesting debate amongst the community. Using my knowledge of 9th grade drawing class and the "vanishing point", I was able to determine that, with his knees bent in this photo, he comes in at around 6'6" or 6'7". Or this could be complete BS... With 99% certainty, I am able to say that he is taller than 6 feet and less than 7 feet.

josh_martin_height.png

Josh, if you are reading this, get out the trusted Stanley tape measure and settle this once and for all.

Bump... interesting to look back at what folks expected from Martin. How and why have your thoughts changed?

Mine are the same.

Bump... interesting to look back at what folks expected from Martin. How and why have your thoughts changed?

Mine are the same.[/QUOTE/]
So you said he has an opportunity to help on the boards and your thoughts have not changed. Bravo, freakin' marvelous! I agree, until he quits
or transfers he has an opportunity to help on the boards. For that insight we need to play hide and seek through a post?

By the time Pitino gets thru with him, he will be one of the outstanding forwards in Gopher history.

He had a rough first game, but that's to be expected for a true freshman against one of the most physical teams in the country. The only thought I had is that he looks a little smaller than I thought he would.

He had a rough first game, but that's to be expected for a true freshman against one of the most physical teams in the country. The only thought I had is that he looks a little smaller than I thought he would.

+1

It helps ZERO this year but every "soft" play I saw made me excited that much more for Nwankwo.

Reminds me a bit of the way Rodney Williams was his freshman year, a ton of potential, but a ton of development needed, there was a reason he was a 3* and not a 4 or 5*, sky's the limit, but he is going to need to improve and that takes time.

Like others have said he struggled mightily in his first college game, but have to give him the benefit of the doubt that it might have been nerves. Can see the potential is there once the light goes on but my biggest concern was inability to be strong and hold onto the ball. Seemed like he was getting stripped or would fumble the ball with ease.

Top Bottom