Speaking of Dantonio

Doc1001

Reaction score
He is maybe the angriest looking coach I have ever seen. Not sure if I have ever seen a smile on his face even after a win. He looks miserable. He isnt the kind of coach I would like to play for with that dememanor unless I have only seen skewed samples of him. Anyone ever seen him in a light hearted mood?

He is maybe the angriest looking coach I have ever seen. Not sure if I have ever seen a smile on his face even after a win. He looks miserable. He isnt the kind of coach I would like to play for with that dememanor unless I have only seen skewed samples of him. Anyone ever seen him in a light hearted mood?

this is the type of guy a certain sect of minnesotans/upper-midwest folks seem to like, so it sounds like he would have been the perfect coach for their tastes. why in the hell that is i have no idea! :confused:

Same people who worshiped Bud Grant for years. That guy was the epitome of a stone faced coach.

He is maybe the angriest looking coach I have ever seen. Not sure if I have ever seen a smile on his face even after a win...Anyone ever seen him in a light hearted mood?

My kind of coach!

He has been winning some Big Ten games. He is a Big Ten Coach and he "gets" that he needs to win Big Ten games. He displays accurate empathy in understanding the nature of his job. He understands, comprehends and executes competetive Big Ten Football on Game Day Saturdays.

Dantonio

"Anyone ever seen him in a light hearted mood?"

No doubt about it, Dantonio is one serious dude. He's the all-business type, sort of reminds me of Tressel, minus the sweater vest. He's exactly what MSU needed after the Bobby Williams and Cowboy (John L. Smith) debacles. ... substance over style with a much-needed emphasis on discipline.

Have seen him smile on a couple occasions. He was rather pleased after beating Michigan in the Big House last season. Also have seen him at several Downtown Coaches functions the day before home games. He's serious, but he has a pretty wry sense of humor. He can work a room, when he wants to.

Dantonio was all smiles at the end of the Wisconsin game when they rallied to beat Bucky and Bielema on a last second field goal. I was smiling, too!

Top Bottom