Chanhassen OT Frank Ragnow is going to Arkansas

What school do you think Frank Ragnow announces on Friday?

• Minnesota

Votes: 87 56.9%
  • Arkansas

Votes: 59 38.6%
  • Florida State

Votes: 7 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Frank Ragnow's college choice? My prediction is Arkansas.</p>— David Shama (@Minn_Sports) <a href="https://twitter.com/Minn_Sports/statuses/429268989496139778">January 31, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

My prediction is 247 predictors will resemble sheep upon hearing the latest rumor.

I also made the mistake of reading the hogs MSG board thread ands there was a guy on there who claimed to be on the plane with Pittman on his way to mn. Supposedly Pittman was pretty confident he had him. This guy was a first-time poster on their board. Just doesn't seem legit.

Is this the "someone close to the situation" wiltfong was referring to? Because if it was it was I feel even more confident frank will stay in mn.

It would be nice if shama could explain his rationale. Real source?

These recruiting site folks are like lemmings with these predictions and ratings. While it is basic human behavior it is still interesting to see it in action.

If Ragnow goes to Arkansas what will happen first? He plays a snap, Razorbacks win a conference game, Bielema puts on another 100 lbs?

If Ragnow goes to Arkansas what will happen first? He plays a snap, Razorbacks win a conference game, Bielema puts on another 100 lbs?

Could somebody please queue up the GIF of Bielema awkwardly falling over last season? That always make me feel better. :cool:

Could somebody please queue up the GIF of Bielema awkwardly falling over last season? That always make me feel better. :cool:

Better yet will someone tweet that at FR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never understood this line of thinking.

Not good enough to play at school whatever but you will be a star at Minnesota.

He's an offensive lineman. He won't be a star anywhere.

Arkansas. Maybe I read too much into the liedner is a class act tweet. However, I don't think mitch would give him a reason to say that simply by trying to convince him to join him. My gut told me that Frank told him he was likely heading elsewhere and mitch gave him genuine well wishes at whatever school he chose.

There is no way that he told Mitch what his decision is. more likely Mitch told Frank something like, "follow your heart"... and that's why Frank Tweeted what he did.

I think it's going to be Arkansas.

I understood people like JC going to Alabama and I even get it when someone wants to go out-of-state for college. The thing that sticks out to me about Ragnow is that he chose Arkansas over Ohio State, Wisconsin and Nebraska. It just seems like his heart is really in going south.

There is no way that he told Mitch what his decision is. more likely Mitch told Frank something like, "follow your heart"... and that's why Frank Tweeted what he did.

I agree. Looking at his other tweets it doesn't appear he makes jerk like hashtag comments. He seems like a good kid who likes the Vikings and hockey.

I think he stays. And I would love if he kept AR in the process to screw with Bulemia.

#karma

Never understood this line of thinking.

Not good enough to play at school whatever but you will be a star at Minnesota.

Celebrity not the same as football star was the gist
Celebrity status being harder to achieve out of state.
Especially a Yankee in the south

Only really matters if he's part of the 99% that don't make a career in the nfl

He's got such a great Minnesota name. Frank Ragnow sounds like a guy who should be chopping down trees or hauling taconite. I could see the lure of Dixie if his name was Mike Drunkbeater or Walt "coffee and pie" Abernathy.

He's got such a great Minnesota name. Frank Ragnow sounds like a guy who should be chopping down trees or hauling taconite. I could see the lure of Dixie if his name was Mike Drunkbeater or Walt "coffee and pie" Abernathy.

Nice, I laughed and agree.

Seems like there's some info out there that is making people (like Ryan Burns) say they think it's Arkansas so I picked Arkansas. I don't understand wanting to live in that state and play for BB, but eqch to his own I guess. I'm only interested in the guys who do want to be Gophers, and if he doesn't want to be one...whatever to him.

I would really hate to lose him to Bielema. UGH. Anyone but him. STAY IN MINNESOTA!

If frank thinks Pittman will be arounds for him he should check out his résumé. This guy gets around like a bad case of herpes. He is always jock-sniffing for the next best position.

http://247sports.com/Coach/Sam-Pittman-477

Pittman will jump off this sinking ship after next season. Bielema will be fired after the next season. Write it down.

Lol we just gave him a raise to $500,000 to keep him away from Bama last offseason...he's one of the best OL coaches and recruiters in college football and we had two freshman all-SEC OL last year. Can't blame any OL for wanting to come here with this staff really. But it wouldn't surprise me if he stayed home with Minnesota either...really wish more kids would stay loyal to their home state school

Not sure what ragnow wants to major in but we have a great business program...

BesJFxvCEAADpIP.jpg

Lol we just gave him a raise to $500,000 to keep him away from Bama last offseason...he's one of the best OL coaches and recruiters in college football and we had two freshman all-SEC OL last year. Can't blame any OL for wanting to come here with this staff really. But it wouldn't surprise me if he stayed home with Minnesota either...really wish more kids would stay loyal to their home state school

View attachment 2497

I didn't know he was already applying for grad school, what an impressive kid.

View attachment 2497

This is funny! It does not distinguish the "best" business schools, only the percent employed after graduation. Walmart store personnel really shouldn't count.

Signs point to Arkansas, but I keep coming back to this: Is Frank really stupid enough to have a public announcement at his high school and choose the Hogs? Especially after what just happened with Reid? Does he realize he will get booed following that announcement?

I didn't know he was already applying for grad school, what an impressive kid.

Also, those rankings don't take into account quality of jobs after graduation. For all we know, 10% of Ark. grads go on to run their own tire service stations!

General Mills, 3M, Target, Medtronic, etc. vs. WalMart...and? Oh yeah who could forget Tyson foods.

What school do you think Frank Ragnow announces on Friday?

This is funny! It does not distinguish the "best" business schools, only the percent employed after graduation. Walmart store personnel really shouldn't count.

Law schools use the same strategy. ANY type of employment counts, including working at McDonalds.

Edit: just checked the rankings: UMN - #23. Arkansas - #66. Lol.

http://grad-schools.usnews.rankings...ools/top-business-schools/mba-rankings/page+3

View attachment 2497

I'm sure it's a great feeder program for corporate spots at Wal-Mart and Tyson but if anyone seriously believes it's above Wharton or Stern, well, enjoy your delusion.

Lol okay i admit walmart probably skews that ranking a little, but it still doesnt hurt having 3 fortune 500 companies right down the street

Its pretty easy to get a job anywhere in the state if you play for arkansas though. We dont have a vikings, timberwolves or twins so thats all we support

I went to school with twins prospect DJ baxendale though and enjoy watching jarius wright play. Just trying to have a good football discussion :)

I'm sure it's a great feeder program for corporate spots at Wal-Mart and Tyson but if anyone seriously believes it's above Wharton or Stern, well, enjoy your delusion.

Wharton, Stern, GSBs (all three of them), Tuck, Ross, HBS, Darden, Fuqua, Sloan, Kellogg, McCombs, Johnson, Haas, Anderson, Tepper, Carlson...I could go on but I'd wear out my keyboard.

Lol okay i admit walmart probably skews that ranking a little, but it still doesnt hurt having 3 fortune 500 companies right down the street

Its pretty easy to get a job anywhere in the state if you play for arkansas though. We dont have a vikings, timberwolves or twins so thats all we support

I went to school with twins prospect DJ baxendale though and enjoy watching jarius wright play. Just trying to have a good football discussion :)

WOW. 3 whole Fortune 500 companies?

....Minneapolis-St. Paul has 19.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom