Chanhassen OT Frank Ragnow is going to Arkansas

What school do you think Frank Ragnow announces on Friday?

• Minnesota

Votes: 87 56.9%
  • Arkansas

Votes: 59 38.6%
  • Florida State

Votes: 7 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I said this in another thread but it is worth repeating...we are much better off at OL than most positions we are targeting this year so I am much more interested in JJ and our two new WR commits (and hopefully) the DB & LB commits still to come. Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to have Ragnow in Maroon & Gold and believe he has the potential to be a 3 year starter for this team but if he chooses Ark or FSU I won't lose any sleep. I just can't imagine picking either of those schools over MN.

My reaction to the Leidner tweet was more along the lines he called to a ask what happened with Nelson. Mitch probably had classy things to say about Nelson. I find it hard to believe frank would confide in Mitch about where he's going to school a week or more before his press conference.

I also find it hard to believe he would invite "everyone" to the gymnasium unless his tweet was directed at friends and family only. Is it a restricted account?

If he does in fact pull a Reid Travis, except for the fact arkansas is a woefully pitiful school in comparison to stanford, located in one of the most backward states in the union to play for one of the slimiest coaches in college football on one of the worst teams in the sec then I say don't let the door hit your backside. Really, go.

If frank doesn't come here it will really stink but we will be ok. I'll feel a lot worse if jeff jones can't qualify. We can find a lot of stallions to play o-line in mn.

My vote is that he stays home. Mom and girlfriend win out over Bert. MN can and does put linemen into the nfl.

My reaction to the Leidner tweet was more along the lines he called to a ask what happened with Nelson. Mitch probably had classy things to say about Nelson. I find it hard to believe frank would confide in Mitch about where he's going to school a week or more before his press conference.

I also find it hard to believe he would invite "everyone" to the gymnasium unless his tweet was directed at friends and family only. Is it a restricted account?

If he does in fact pull a Reid Travis, except for the fact arkansas is a woefully pitiful school in comparison to stanford, located in one of the most backward states in the union to play for one of the slimiest coaches in college football on one of the worst teams in the sec then I say don't let the door hit your backside. Really, go.

If frank doesn't come here it will really stink but we will be ok. I'll feel a lot worse if jeff jones can't qualify. We can find a lot of stallions to play o-line in mn.

My vote is that he stays home. Mom and girlfriend win out over Bert. MN can and does put linemen into the nfl.

Good point on the "class act" comment, your take sounds quite plausible. Okay, I'm back to 50/50 on whether he is a Gopher.

I think he's headed south, the fact that he's even talking about Arkansas and Bert being an NFL factory means he bought the lies they sold him. Similar to will Johnson being recruited to West Virginia as a 6'7" slot receiver, there's no truth to what's being told to him as Bert had nothing to do with wisconsin's ol success while he was there and their OL coach while certainly competent is not some NFL proven commodity or a top OL coach.

Didnt most of BB's coaches run from him? before he left and after he left? I am not sure his way of doing things was not King Barry's at Whiskey and Bertie will never get that far in the south? Dad has got to understand that guys that work hard at any program can get to the NFL (Kliensuaser[sp] Decker and way more than i can rattle off this late in the evening.

if his Dad wants an easy route he will get an easy way to watch fromt he sidelines. If a kid works extremely hard he will paly anywhere. Ark. has 6 x 4 star OL or more and that is a lot of competition.

Frank would be insane to choose Arkansas over Minnesota.

Hope I'm wrong but I fear it may be Arkansas, The record of their coaches producing NFL calibre linemen is too big for Frank to pass up on. It is a huge risk for him though as they could be at another school this time next year. Most likely will be by the time he is a senior. It seems to me that Frank has a really good relationship with our coaches and we couldn't have played it any better in terms of his recruitment.

The more I think about it I keep coming back to the same thought: what Minnesota kid would even CONSIDER going to play for Bret Bielema, he of running up the score, holding Royston hostage, terrorizing UW coeds, and just being on overall sleazebag ex-coach of perhaps our most hated rival?

Frank seems like a jovial kid in the limited footage I've seen. Is it possible his overture toward ark are part of an inside joke? Like, do these bumpkins actually believe I'd go play for one of the most hated coaches in recent mn history? That I would kick them in the nuts in a very public way?

I have to think a gymnasium full of crickets and muttered wtfs? if he chooses AR would pale in comparison to thunderous cheers if he chooses MN. He has to be a little self-aware even at his age. It would be REALLY hard to understand if he did it in this manner. My gut says it has to be MN.

Maybe he's having fun pulling bielema's chain and we'll all have a laugh tomorrow. Amiright, frank?

Hope I'm wrong but I fear it may be Arkansas, The record of their coaches producing NFL calibre linemen is too big for Frank to pass up on. It is a huge risk for him though as they could be at another school this time next year. Most likely will be by the time he is a senior. It seems to me that Frank has a really good relationship with our coaches and we couldn't have played it any better in terms of his recruitment.

If frank thinks Pittman will be arounds for him he should check out his résumé. This guy gets around like a bad case of herpes. He is always jock-sniffing for the next best position.

http://247sports.com/Coach/Sam-Pittman-477

Pittman will jump off this sinking ship after next season. Bielema will be fired after the next season. Write it down.

I just read some of the forums for Arkansas and man do I feel a lot more stupid for doing so. It is incredible how they think there school is some sort of unstoppable force, last time I checked the pork chops didn't win a game in the sec last year so they can stop acting like there so great, there conference is the best but porky you sir are a awful excuse for a sec team. Ragnow to MN

Has anybody been tracking sales of Minnesota, Arkansas, and Florida State crocs?

I'm fully expecting an R. Travis situation, but hoping for the best. Nothing to go on other than 35 years of getting kicked in the nuts.

My "rose colored glasses" prediction: I think Ragnow hates Bielema even more than we do. He's just trying to get his hopes up and will let him down publically with his announcement of attending the U of M.

Bad Omen on Ragnow?

It isn't too reassuring to see multiple 247 Sports predictions all saying Arkansas yesterday. Including someone who had predicted Gophers earlier in the day, and one that switched his prediction that he did on Jan. 17th. We'll find out later today, but since they "supposedly" do this for a living, my Minnesota doom and gloom meter is now in the red zone.

It will not matter 100 years from now. But "right now",
it does matter...I think! :>)

The Coach is doing a great job...and then some! Go Gophers!

Frank shows he's a true Minnesotan:

Frank gets on stage and says, "Well, the recruiting process has come to an end and I have narrowed it down to 1. Arkansas; 2. Minnesota; 3. FSU," he pulls out a 4x6 note card and says, "Well, the card says go for.....TWO AND MINNESOTA! Suck it Bert!"

Gopher fans rejoice while Brewster and FSU smile, applaud politely. Brewster texts Frank wishing him good luck and thanking him for the chuckle.

About one percent of the linemen Pittman has coached have played a day in the nfl
Ragnow would be competing against four star OL recruits on the AR roster
There's a higher probability he never breaks into the two deeps at AR than making the nfl

Stay and be a hometown celebrity or go and risk being an anonymous backup

Gopher coaches have seen him twice since pittman's last visit. I say Gophers

Meh! I've moved on without him especially since we added Weyler and Rasmussen. If he is a Gopher fine, if not fine.

The crystal ball is a prediction, that's it. It's not the end all be all. There are reports that Ragnow is leaning Arkansas, but we won't truly know until 3:15. If you don't take the crystal ball so seriously it can be a fun tool.

over christmans my nephew who goes to school with him and is pretty good friends didnt think he would go to minnesota and that FSU was where he wanted to go. now that that offer is supposedly uncommitable i dont know. Also judging by connor mayes tweets last night i was reading into it that Frank is staying...

If frank thinks Pittman will be arounds for him he should check out his résumé. This guy gets around like a bad case of herpes. He is always jock-sniffing for the next best position.

http://247sports.com/Coach/Sam-Pittman-477

Pittman will jump off this sinking ship after next season. Bielema will be fired after the next season. Write it down.

Good point about Pittman. I really hope this is something Kill has informed Frank of. I would've been fine losing Ragnow to FSU. They are national champs and have a chance to repeat. But Arkansas I just wouldn't understand.

I would be shocked if Ragnow picked Arkansas over either the Gophers or FSU.

I've gotten the feeling all along that his dad is seems like the type of Minnesotan who loves to hate the Gophers and they have been looking for any excuse to go almost anywhere else.

Are they going to steam his decision somewhere like they've done before?

Frank shows he's a true Minnesotan: Frank gets on stage and says, "Well, the recruiting process has come to an end and I have narrowed it down to 1. Arkansas; 2. Minnesota; 3. FSU," he pulls out a 4x6 note card and says, "Well, the card says go for.....TWO AND MINNESOTA! Suck it Bert!" Gopher fans rejoice while Brewster and FSU smile, applaud politely. Brewster texts Frank wishing him good luck and thanking him for the chuckle.

Yes!

Whatever school he chooses, remember that it is just a game. The team will still be there and we will still cheer. I am hoping he comes here, but if he doesn't the world won't suddenly explode

I really hope he lands here. Something tells me Arkansas, but I would love to be wrong. Like Gopherdrummer, I'll keep this in perspective. It's his decision.

About one percent of the linemen Pittman has coached have played a day in the nfl
Ragnow would be competing against four star OL recruits on the AR roster
There's a higher probability he never breaks into the two deeps at AR than making the nfl

Stay and be a hometown celebrity or go and risk being an anonymous backup

Gopher coaches have seen him twice since pittman's last visit. I say Gophers

Never understood this line of thinking.

Not good enough to play at school whatever but you will be a star at Minnesota.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom