Chanhassen OT Frank Ragnow is going to Arkansas

What school do you think Frank Ragnow announces on Friday?

• Minnesota

Votes: 87 56.9%
  • Arkansas

Votes: 59 38.6%
  • Florida State

Votes: 7 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stan

Reaction score
What school do you think Frank Ragnow announces on Friday?

I have no information to add here...just wanted to post on this thread.

Burns on GI radio said he believe the gophers have a 65-35% chance in our favor and he talked with the Arkansas guys and they believe it is an
80-20% chance in the gophers favor. He also he said regarding the Ragnow mom thing that more often then not moma beats out dad.(except for Landon Collins mom if you get that reference)

I'm going to say Arkansas after being let down so many times, but I really really hope he has another choice in store and chooses the good guys!

I'm sticking with my feeling that the "class act" comment to Mitch Leidner was a bad sign and he'll go to Arkansas. Hope I'm wrong, because I just can not understand wanting to go play for a coach who's probably a 50/50 chance of still coaching there in a couple of years.

Burns on GI radio said he believe the gophers have a 65-35% chance in our favor and he talked with the Arkansas guys and they believe it is an
80-20% chance in the gophers favor. He also he said regarding the Ragnow mom thing that more often then not moma beats out dad.(except for Landon Collins mom if you get that reference)

Burns just revised it to 55-45 Arkansas. Steve Wiltfong of 247 is hearing the same thing.

This feels like the football version of the Reid Travis situation. The difference is Kill and his staff have been recruiting Ragnow a lot longer than Pitino recruited Travis, so this would suck even more if he picks Arkansas.

Arkansas. Maybe I read too much into the liedner is a class act tweet. However, I don't think mitch would give him a reason to say that simply by trying to convince him to join him. My gut told me that Frank told him he was likely heading elsewhere and mitch gave him genuine well wishes at whatever school he chose.

Not too sure why he would go to a Arkansas. Just does not make sense to me. Too many reasons to be a Gopher.

The heavy shift on 247 the night before the announcement is concerning. I always felt he was the least likely of the Jones, Holland, Ragnow trio, but was/am hoping for the trifecta.

Arkansas is going to be a dumpster fire as long as Bielema is there. I think he picks the Gophers.

As long as he doesn't move his announcement to the media center, I'll feel confident.

Arkansas, really? I could have seem maybe a few years ago when they were competitive in the SEC, but not now. Why go to one of the worse academic schools in the country (Forbes ranks it #209 in the country, 43 in the south!). What, to follow one of the most loathed coaches in the country, most of his staff bail on him year after year, and you can't find a coach in the B1G that has a nice word to say about him. What, to get into that traditional Wisconsin running attack, the O line coach is not from Wisconsin, he is from the ACC. To go into a program that has taken a deep dive in wins and lost to Rutgers, who is expected to be the worst team in the B1G.

It just doesn't make any sense why he would go to Arkansas, it would be a major head scratcher.

The heavy shift on 247 the night before the announcement is concerning. I always felt he was the least likely of the Jones, Holland, Ragnow trio, but was/am hoping for the trifecta.

that shift is not from anything new they heard, just their gut feeling. Me and you know just as much if not more in certain guys recruitment if you follow close enough then most 247 CBers

Arkansas, really? I could have seem maybe a few years ago when they were competitive in the SEC, but not now. Why go to one of the worse academic schools in the country (Forbes ranks it #209 in the country, 43 in the south!). What, to follow one of the most loathed coaches in the country, most of his staff bail on him year after year, and you can't find a coach in the B1G that has a nice word to say about him. What, to get into that traditional Wisconsin running attack, the O line coach is not from Wisconsin, he is from the ACC. To go into a program that has taken a deep dive in wins and lost to Rutgers, who is expected to be the worst team in the B1G.

It just doesn't make any sense why he would go to Arkansas, it would be a major head scratcher.

His dad loves Arkansas because of the amount of offensive lineman Bret has put into the NFL.

The Gophers is the only logical choice for Ragnow. The ONLY logical choice. He seems too bright to go anywhere else, especially Arkansas.

I'm going with Arkansas. My Gopher fan "you're about to be kicked in the nuts again" detector is going off.

Arkansas would definitely be an "all in" bet on him making the NFL. A degree from Arkansas is worth slightly less than a Certificate of Completion at Walmart's Greeter Training Academy just up Garland Ave. from campus.

I tweeted this a couple months ago and I'll say it again here, if you're a Minnesotan and you choose to leave MN to play for Bret Bielema, don't bother coming back. Even considering Bret Bielema, much less making a visit to bulemic's school, makes me give two $h!%s about his choice.

Arkansas would definitely be an "all in" bet on him making the NFL. A degree from Arkansas is worth slightly less than a Certificate of Completion at Walmart's Greeter Training Academy just up Garland Ave. from campus.

So true!

If a player puts in the work, they can literally get to the NFL from any BCS school. Then add in the improvement of the OL since Limegrover got here and MN is just as good of a path to the NFL as anywhere.

I wish him the best where ever he goes but I've lived in AR for 3 years now and my interaction with their fans will make it real difficult to cheer for him if he goes to the Razorbacks.

He shocks the world and goes to FSU! it turns out he actually does have a committable offer there! in all seriousness though i don't know why so many of you are that worried about Arkansas, not because of what they offer/don't offer but just from what Frank has said in his interviews on twitter etc. i just feel he has shown a lot more interest to the U then to Arkansas. He has shown a lot more interest in FSU then Arkansas even though he won't go there

If a player puts in the work, they can literally get to the NFL from any BCS school. Then add in the improvement of the OL since Limegrover got here and MN is just as good of a path to the NFL as anywhere.

I wish him the best where ever he goes but I've lived in AR for 3 years now and my interaction with their fans will make it real difficult to cheer for him if he goes to the Razorbacks.

I think he's headed south, the fact that he's even talking about Arkansas and Bert being an NFL factory means he bought the lies they sold him. Similar to will Johnson being recruited to West Virginia as a 6'7" slot receiver, there's no truth to what's being told to him as Bert had nothing to do with wisconsin's ol success while he was there and their OL coach while certainly competent is not some NFL proven commodity or a top OL coach.

I really hope it's Minnesota, but I don't know what to expect from Ragnow. I would think it would be quite interesting though all the attention the hometown people and his school is giving him and letting him have his big announcement day in front of a lot of people when he isn't even a top 250 Recruit in the nation if he decides to go elsewhere.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Excited for tomorrow it's been a long and fun process but I'm happy for it to come to end</p>— Frank Ragnow (@KNARFWONGAR) <a href="https://twitter.com/KNARFWONGAR/statuses/429102738375327745">January 31, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I'm going with Arkansas. My Gopher fan "you're about to be kicked in the nuts again" detector is going off.

I agree. Just have a bad feeling about this one. Really hope I'm proven wrong tomorrow, but this feels exactly like Reid to Stanford

We've been let down so many times in the past 6 months that I don't even know if I'll believe it if he picks Minnesota.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom