Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 321
  1. #1

    uofm GAME #21: Gophers (15-5, 4-3) @ Nebraska (9-9, 1-5) [BTN, 1/26, 5:00PM]

    Going from the Wisconsin game to this game brings to mind Robert Plant's lyrics from Going to California..."I wonder how tomorrow could ever follow today."

    But with that having been said, the Gophers gotta take Nebraska seriously as evidenced by Nebraska's win over tOSU. So in the immortal words of Admiral Ackbar...




    Go Gophers!


  2. #2

    Default



  3. #3

    Default



  4. #4

    Default



  5. #5

    Default

    Pound the ball inside to EE and Mo. EE will want to perform well in his home state and Mo's confidence is riding high. Nebraska's front court is weak (11th in the B1G in blocked shots), we have an obvious edge inside. I also think the Wisconsin game was a spring board for Austin to break out of his funk and he plays well and hits some shots tomorrow. While I see the game being close I think we pull away at the end and win. Last year games like this were usually a loss, not this year.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaymil View Post
    Pound the ball inside to EE and Mo. EE will want to perform well in his home state and Mo's confidence is riding high. Nebraska's front court is weak (11th in the B1G in blocked shots), we have an obvious edge inside. I also think the Wisconsin game was a spring board for Austin to break out of his funk and he plays well and hits some shots tomorrow. While I see the game being close I think we pull away at the end and win. Last year games like this were usually a loss, not this year.
    Agreed. This team needs to come up with wins like this without their best scorer. With Hollins POSSIBLY out for 4 weeks, it's important to steal a couple wins without him, starting tomorrow. Neb. is the worst team in the league with NU winning 3 of 4 (before Iowa). But it's a road game in the B1G. Nothing is ever easy away from The Barn. I expect this one to come down to the final minutes of the second half. Pitino's coaching acumen will be tested in this one. How will the team adjust without Dre? That's big.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Shoreview
    Posts
    13,779

    Default

    Difficult and crucial game for this team, with Nebraska playing good ball of late.

    What Malik needs to do as big guard is keep himself between his opponent and the goal. I'd expect them to play a mixture of man and zone and see what works better.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigGopherFan View Post
    Agreed. This team needs to come up with wins like this without their best scorer. With Hollins POSSIBLY out for 4 weeks, it's important to steal a couple wins without him, starting tomorrow. Neb. is the worst team in the league with NU winning 3 of 4 (before Iowa). But it's a road game in the B1G. Nothing is ever easy away from The Barn. I expect this one to come down to the final minutes of the second half. Pitino's coaching acumen will be tested in this one. How will the team adjust without Dre? That's big.
    You're pushing it.

  9. #9

    Default

    As far as how this team will play without Andre...call me an optimist, but I'm just not worried about it. If he had gone down later in the game than he did, and we hadn't gotten to see how the team responded, then, maybe I'd have a different outlook. Gophers have already essentially played a game without him, and won in convincing fashion. TBQH i'm actually kind of excited to be able to work some other guys in and get them heated up for a Big 10 Tourney and (hopefully) NCAA run. We already know what we have with Andre, it could be a blessing in disguise to get our bench guys some minutes to step up.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhoFellDownTheGopherHole? View Post
    As far as how this team will play without Andre...call me an optimist, but I'm just not worried about it. If he had gone down later in the game than he did, and we hadn't gotten to see how the team responded, then, maybe I'd have a different outlook. Gophers have already essentially played a game without him, and won in convincing fashion. TBQH i'm actually kind of excited to be able to work some other guys in and get them heated up for a Big 10 Tourney and (hopefully) NCAA run. We already know what we have with Andre, it could be a blessing in disguise to get our bench guys some minutes to step up.
    We essentially won two more games in the last 4 game stretch than we expected. If Andre were to miss several games we could very well lose some games we expected to win.

    In the Wisky game we shot close to 60% and in the second half we made all our FT's and 3pt shots. I believe we also had only one or zero turnovers in that half. That is not going to happen in every game.

    Nebraska game will be interesting.

  11. #11

    Default

    Should be a very interesting game. Anyone making the trip down?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by station19 View Post
    We essentially won two more games in the last 4 game stretch than we expected. If Andre were to miss several games we could very well lose some games we expected to win.

    In the Wisky game we shot close to 60% and in the second half we made all our FT's and 3pt shots. I believe we also had only one or zero turnovers in that half. That is not going to happen in every game.

    Nebraska game will be interesting.
    I agree that we shot well, but we also took very easy shots. As far as 3pt shots go, we got 12 pts TOTAL from 3s, so our 3pt shooting % didnt make a hugely meaningful difference in the game

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fryguy22 View Post
    I agree that we shot well, but we also took very easy shots. As far as 3pt shots go, we got 12 pts TOTAL from 3s, so our 3pt shooting % didnt make a hugely meaningful difference in the game
    I agree and we shot easy shots because that is the area of Wisky's weakness. We played extremely well, but we can't expect for things to go that well every game without Andre. We could possibly lose a couple game because of not having Andre and that would wipe out the gains we made in the last 4 games. You don't lose your top scorer and stay the same.

  14. #14

    Default

    Game opened as a PK. The road is a tough place for our Gophs.

  15. #15

    Default

    www.scoresandodds.com has Nebraska at -1 right now.
    I'll say it again...So many experts, so little expertise.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •