Gopher Tix on Stubhub already

How the hell can they sell student tickets? More then a couple of the seats are in the student section.

re:

Sieck'em...get'em...bite'em....they ain't Gopher fans. Oh the humanity. You guys are funny..if its not what MG had for breakfast, its 5 people who "aren't suppossed to get tickets" getting tickets! lol How do some of you people even enjoy the actual games?

I just liked that most of our games were more expensive than all of the Michigan games other than the OSU game.

Sieck'em...get'em...bite'em....they ain't Gopher fans. Oh the humanity. You guys are funny..if its not what MG had for breakfast, its 5 people who "aren't suppossed to get tickets" getting tickets! lol How do some of you people even enjoy the actual games?

Did anyone make a comment like that in this thread?? I don't think so. Do you search for threads to flame? You are a tool. Please go to the becky board or pigeon board or wherever you came from.

If your going to sell your tickets, sell them. Don't give them to a ticket agent who is going to make most of the profit.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle student tickets if people are trying to scalp. I picked the UW game among those listed, and at least 12 of the tickets (I didn't have the exact perimeter sections for the student section in front of me) are student tickets.

If the U is going to all this trouble to ensure students are buying the tickets, I sure hope they're going to enforce a rule similar to the hockey games where your ticket has to have a name matching that of your ID, otherwise you need to have your ID scanned. I understand there's nothing the U can do about public seats being scalped, but I sure hope there's something being done to prevent the 10,000 seats they can protect.

How the hell can they sell student tickets? More then a couple of the seats are in the student section.

StubHub has sold student seats for a while I think (not just for U games either). I can remember the stories on OSU students in 2006 who were selling off their tickets to The Game for hundreds/thousands of dollars when both OSU/Mich were undefeated. Its completely caveat emptor on student seats since you may be forced to provide proof of student status (ID, etc).

Sigh. People aren't going to go after faceless Stub Hub users for selling their tix because THEY ARE FACELESS. Everyone went after you because you actively solicited Badger fans (including here on the Hole) and posted about it. You were looking to piss people off and you did. Also, enjoying the games has nothing to do with idiots like you. You could only ruin my game experience by sitting next to me. And even then I'd probably be ok after I went ChemE and threw some pizza in your face.

One of these times this will sink in. YOU. ARE. A. TOOL.

StubHub has sold student seats for a while I think (not just for U games either). I can remember the stories on OSU students in 2006 who were selling off their tickets to The Game for hundreds/thousands of dollars when both OSU/Mich were undefeated. Its completely caveat emptor on student seats since you may be forced to provide proof of student status (ID, etc).

I am curious if the U does end up requiring students to provide proof of student status if StubHub will then be liable for refunding tickets sold to those that are then unable to use them, unless they have some sort of disclaimer? I would assume that StubHub would have researched this and feels pretty confident that the University will not require this proof of student status.

No one even knows what the student tickets are going to look like. What happens if they are one big ticket for the whole season, like for hockey or basketball? How are you going to scalp that, unless you sell the whole thing?

I think the U should let anyone with a student ticket and their U ID to get in. That way you will keep out people who are not U students, and it will still be easy enough for students to let their friends use their ticket if they can't make it without all the hassle of going to a seperate window to have your U card scanned and then waiting in line again to get into the stadium. That should make it fast enough to let students into the game, and convienient enough to make sure the student section is well attended every game.

GO GOPHERS!

I am curious if the U does end up requiring students to provide proof of student status if StubHub will then be liable for refunding tickets sold to those that are then unable to use them, unless they have some sort of disclaimer? I would assume that StubHub would have researched this and feels pretty confident that the University will not require this proof of student status.

Honestly, I'm pretty sure Stub Hub doesn't care. Here is a couple of recent examples of what I mean:
1) Yankees fans sold obstructed view seats that were not marked as such. Key point: StubHub leaves it up to the sellers to note that a seat has an obstructed view. I think the same would apply to rules on student tickets. As I said, caveat emptor. :cool:
2) Concert fan never gets tickets and is denied refund.

re:

Sigh. People aren't going to go after faceless Stub Hub users for selling their tix because THEY ARE FACELESS. Everyone went after you because you actively solicited Badger fans (including here on the Hole) and posted about it. You were looking to piss people off and you did. Also, enjoying the games has nothing to do with idiots like you. You could only ruin my game experience by sitting next to me. And even then I'd probably be ok after I went ChemE and threw some pizza in your face.

One of these times this will sink in. YOU. ARE. A. TOOL.
Like you, teensey mouse, would have the stones to say anything in person and I hear 'ChemE' is a real bad boy when he gets in the grill of fat, old men. Me and my crew would put you two hardcase, wanna-bes in body casts until Christmas.

Like you, teensey mouse, would have the stones to say anything in person and I hear 'ChemE' is a real bad boy when he gets in the grill of fat, old men. Me and my crew would put you two hardcase, wanna-bes in body casts until Christmas.

Wow. Your crew? I'll be sure to watch out. :eek: You should be easy to spot...you and your "posse" will be the one's wearing Cheesehead hats. I'll be sure to hide my lunch money in my socks. :cry:

In the meantime, way to overreact. In retrospect I did a poor job of it, but my comment was meant to be caustic, not violent. Poorly done or not, the body cast comment was tad much. I can see your a real joy to be around if you're cranky.

And yes, if you were being very rude or a a**hole I have the stones to say something about it. I'm not one to let jacka**es ruin the experience for me or my friends and family. I'd let your normal toolness pass though as it seems to be as natural to you as breathing.

Hello, ticket brokers buy season tickets

I would bet between the local brokers, they hold between 5,000 to 10,000 season tickets. Its a smart play. Buy in early, charge a premium. If you have the cash invest in Gopher Football and sellout before the fad wears off, or if Coach Brewster takes the team to a couple Big 10 Championships and plans are made to expand, re-invest. The loyal 35,000 plus the ticket brokers is your sell out.

I guess I'm not getting your thinking on that. The OP mentioned stubhub tickets that were already on the site. I guess its somewhat reasonable to assume some of these are held by ticket brokers now (i.e. people that have already selected) but certainly not the majority. With the soft market Gopher tickets were at the dome I have a hard time believing that ticket brokers held more then a couple hundred season tickets there. Therefore, I am guessing that you think the waiting list contains quite a few brokers waiting to buy all of these tickets. Even if this is true I don't think there is any way that brokers would hold 5,000 to 10,000 seats. There just aren't enough there when you do the math.

I guess I'm not getting your thinking on that. The OP mentioned stubhub tickets that were already on the site. I guess its somewhat reasonable to assume some of these are held by ticket brokers now (i.e. people that have already selected) but certainly not the majority. With the soft market Gopher tickets were at the dome I have a hard time believing that ticket brokers held more then a couple hundred season tickets there. Therefore, I am guessing that you think the waiting list contains quite a few brokers waiting to buy all of these tickets. Even if this is true I don't think there is any way that brokers would hold 5,000 to 10,000 seats. There just aren't enough there when you do the math.

I tend to agree. I can definitely see brokers making a play for more tickets now, but I think even 5K is probably a little high for the number of seats owned by brokers. I think koppco's point about the ticket market at the Dome is probably one of the best reasons why this would be so.

Top Bottom