Ra'Shede Hageman NFL Draft Updates, Projections, Analysis & More

i think he slides into the top 10 with an impressive senior bowl, combine and pro day. He already is a projected mid round pick by a lot of people. i doubt he slips past the steelers/bears/Cowboys at 14-17

I wouldn't be surprised if you turn out to be right. JJ Watt had a similar ascension after he declared for the draft and went through the combine and workouts. I don't know if Hageman is as explosive as Watt, but he's probably a bit more versatile in that he could play 4-3 DT or 3-4 DE. At the very least, I expect him to be gone before the 20th pick if this keeps up.

Bears at 14... Bears at 14... please oh please. Our defensive line was horrendous (mostly due to injuries, but still)

Nice little video about Hageman at the Senior Bowl from BTN:

[video]http://www.btn.com/video/?select=vV_bKAUQU1EG&t=0-105[/video]

Edit: Looks like I can't embed it but it's at the top of the page, at least for now.

Josh Katzenstein ‏@jkatzenstein 4m Gophers football coach Jerry Kill is here at North practice watching DT Ra'Shede Hageman. #SeniorBowl

Matt Miller has Hageman as the guy who helped himself more than anyone else in Alabama:

1. DT Ra'Shede Hageman, Minnesota

The only man I was physically afraid to get in front of this week was Minnesota's Ra'Shede Hageman. At an even 6'6" and 318 lbs, he towered over the competition. Literally.

Hageman's film showed an impressive, and at times dominant, defensive tackle. My biggest question mark heading into the week was his ability to play with leverage. It's fine to be 6'6" as a defensive tackle, but can you get low? Can you make yourself a small target for blockers? Hageman didn't always do this at Minnesota, but in Mobile, the switch was flipped and he started dominating.

Seeing Hageman develop throughout the week was eye-opening. And with his god-given length, burst and strength, he shines as a scheme-versatile defender able to play in a conventional 4-3, 3-4 or the trendier hybrid fronts. Teams that want him should be ready to spend a pick inside the first 20 to get him.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...illers-scouting-notebook-for-senior-bowl-week

Go Gophers!!

Ivan Maisel, ESPN:

3. The Senior Bowl is an annual convention for the 30 NFL staffs that aren’t in the Super Bowl. But college coaches go as well -- some to see old friends, others to network for jobs, and all because they’re on the Gulf Coast recruiting. Alabama coach Nick Saban didn’t need to publicize it. He drew a covey of reporters. Minnesota assistant Jay Sawvel made his own pub. He tweeted a pic of head coach Jerry Kill with two former players in the game: Golden Gophers defensive tackle Ra'Shede Hageman and Northern Illinois safety Jimmie Ward. Pretty smart.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/tag/_/name/3-point-stance

Anyone with the NFL Network have any updates on Hageman from the game?

he did nothing in the second as well, he got a nice push but never got any tackles

He played out of position for some part, I'm sure that played into it some.

Hageman in skills contest on ESPN2

Just saw that Ra’Shede is competing in the All-Star Football Challenge, which is scheduled to air on ESPN2 tomorrow night. Here are the players listed as competing:

Mercedes-Benz Lineman Strength Challenge
Ra’Shede Hageman – DL – Minnesota
Jake Matthews – OL – Texas A&M
Louis Nix III – DL – Notre Dame

Quicken Loans QB Accuracy
Tajh Boyd – Clemson
David Fales – San Jose State
Logan Thomas – Virginia Tech

Eckrich Obstacle Course
CJ Mosley – LB – Alabama
Lache Seastrunk – RB – Baylor
Kyle Van Noy – LB – BYU

Skechers Hands Competition
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix – S – Alabama
Justin Gilbert – CB – Oklahoma State
Marcus Roberson – CB – Florida
Bradley Roby – CB – Ohio State

TD Ameritrade Speed Kick
Chris Boswell – Rice
Anthony Fera – Texas
Cairo Santos – Tulane

He beat Jake Mathews, the #1 projected OT and Louis Nix who is a top DT and projected first rounder as well

CBS Big Board:

23. DT Ra'Shede Hageman, Minnesota (6-6, 318, 4.95): Just as he did at times during his career with the Golden Gophers, Hagemen flashed a dominating combination of size, strength and athleticism at the Senior Bowl. Scouts wish he was more consistent, but given his position and scheme versatility, Hageman is a first round gamble worth taking.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...se-of-linebacker-mack-reaches-no-5----or-no-1

Go Gophers!!

good things we got an all things Rashede thread going. I was thinking about making one. When we were on that 2 game losing streak honestly i cared a lot more about Rashede's draft stock then the team winning. I usually do that when my team is struggling but their is a really strong player in consideration for post season awards. I gotta root for something.

Arizona would be great. They have a really good defense and he would fit right in.

Should I be indignant here or is my sarcasm meter broken?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone posted in all seriousness that they thought he was a late 3rd round pick not too long ago. Can't remember who it was though so I'm not sure if this person is referencing that, or if they are the idiot. Guessing they are just making fun of whoever said it.

Someone posted in all seriousness that they thought he was a late 3rd round pick not too long ago. Can't remember who it was though so I'm not sure if this person is referencing that, or if they are the idiot. Guessing they are just making fun of whoever said it.

That's almost as funny as the player in this draft named HaHa Clinton-Dix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom