How many Natl Titles will the Gopher Spirit Squad win this weekend?

Reaction score
They won 2 Titles 4 years ago, 3 Titles 3 years ago, 2 Titles 2 years ago and they won 3 Titles last year.

Their All-Girl Squad had their highest finish ever last year coming in 2nd, and they had a 3rd place finish 3 years ago as well.

Pom & Jazz squads could be favorites to win their 5th Titles in a row, but kind of doubting that Goldy can pull off Back 2 Back Natl Titles I the Mascot Competition, but I see Goldy finishing Top 5 easy with Aubie the Tiger possibly being the favorite to unseat Goldy, with LSU's Mike the Tiger and Colorado's Chip also being favorites to finish in the Top 5. I have a feeling that the All-Girl Squad could pull off their first title this year, which could/should give the Spirit Squad as a whole 3 titles again this year.

But what I am really looking forward to is the year our Coed Cheer Squad can pull off an upset of Kentucky and win that Natl Title as well. They finished 12th 2 years ago and 8th last year, not something that would lead me to believe they'll win the Title this year, but the success that the Dance teams and Goldy and the All-Girls Squad have been having should hopefully start to rub off on the Coed Cheer Team eventually?!

The way things are going for the Spirit Squads, I could see a day in the near future, hopefully this weekend, when the Gophers win 4 Titles all in the same year. While all sports dynasties eventually come to an end, Spirit Squad is the kind of sport where a dynasty can last a lot longer than a football dynasty might last or a hockey or basketball dynasty. Minnesota has to have possibly the best reputation in the nation when it comes to Spirit Squad Competition, and there hasn't been a coaching change of late, and there isn't a team that always finishes 2nd either, although Cincy has finished 2nd and 3rd the last 2 years in Pom and they have won a Title in Pom in the last decade and Memphis has finished 4th and 2nd the last 2 years in Pom. In Jazz, Arizona St has finished 2nd and 3rd the last 2 years and Tennessee finished 3rd and 2nd the last 2 years, so you never know?

Well, congrats to Goldy Gopher! Didn't win his 3rd title in 4 years, but got the next best thing, a 2nd place finish, his first runner-up finish ever.

Goldy has now finished 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th at least once each over the last dozen or so years.

Hopefully the Dance teams don't follow his lead.

Just saw a retweet from MN Vikings cheerleaders that the.dance team took 1st in Pom and Jazz..... 5 Time champs in one of those categories

Just saw a retweet from MN Vikings cheerleaders that the.dance team took 1st in Pom and Jazz..... 5 Time champs in one of those categories

5 Time Champs in BOTH of those categories!

And the Coed Cheer team matched their best finish so far, 7th. As much as I enjoy seeing us dominate the Dance categories, it would be so damned sweet to pull an upset and steal a Coed Cheer Title from Kentucky. That would gain the Spirit Squads a ton of attention and respect.

Top Bottom