Gophers vs. Wisconsin 1892

You mean:

Badger Football: Trying to change history using extremely flimsy evidence
Gopher Football: Standing up for the guys who won the game 122 years ago on the field

+1 Amen! How many Gophers fans payed the slightest attention to the 1892 Minnesota-Wisconsin game until this came to light? It merited no more than a glance at the media guide. We're just asking for is that the record be corrected, and there is nothing obsessive about that. Remember, the Badgers were the ones who tried to add a win that didn't happen. They are the ones who quietly pulled the article when the proper thing would be to admit the error and issue a retraction. If the Gophers actually had lost the game, we'd accept the truth and let the record be corrected. History matters.

Quick update - and good news! I just received an email from someone in the athletic department and they have talked it over with the Wisconsin department and both agree that the 1892 game is a 32-4 Gopher victory, so the records will be updated.

Quick update - and good news! I just received an email from someone in the athletic department and they have talked it over with the Wisconsin department and both agree that the 1892 game is a 32-4 Gopher victory, so the records will be updated.

I hope they remember to update the media guide. It's good that the U corrected this, but did they really need Wisconsin's permission to update things? The evidence is quite sufficient.

But now that that's settled, what other 19th century Gophers game should we talk about? How about the 0-2 loss to Hamline in 1882? One quick mark with a Sharpie at it's a 10-2 Gophers win.

So does that mean we now lead the series by 2 wins instead of 1 win? That is good news as i feel there is a very very good chance we will beat the badgers in 2015 while not quite as good this year. Before this news if we were to lose this year they would have tied up the all time series.

So does that mean we now lead the series by 2 wins instead of 1 win? That is good news as i feel there is a very very good chance we will beat the badgers in 2015 while not quite as good this year. Before this news if we were to lose this year they would have tied up the all time series.

Without this update, our all-time record vs. Wisconsin was 58-57-8, but now it has been corrected to 59-56-8.

Top Bottom