Maresh

borninthebarn

True Believer
Reaction score
Where is Sam at development-wise? Given all he's been through I would not be surprised if he saw limited game action this fall, but he was out there hitting in the Spring Game and certainly isn't holding himself back.

Realistically, where is he compared to where he would have been as an incoming freshman without heart issues? Will he see the rotation this year or will he need another year to get back to the size and speed he had coming out of High School? Is he full strength? If not anyone know how long?

As might be expected his conditioning isn't where it should be. For a long time he couldn't run but they let him lift so some of the strength is back. He has all summer to improve his conditioning but he has to be careful not to over do it. We'll know more at fall camp but he should definitely see game time this year.

Any word on his calf? I haven't really heard an update since we found out it was not cancerous.

Is that still causing soreness or limiting him?

Reading between the lines i think Sam has a full year of game time conditioning recovery to work through to get back to this level. I don't think they'll RS him,but maybe they should.

I was watching him at the spring game and he was limping noticeably on the sidelines in between series. Once he was out on the field and running around, he seemed fine, but it looked as if the calf started to hurt after some activity.

Top Bottom