Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Now all we need is Tyler Johnson to commit and make it an even 10 for in state commitments! Come on Tyler!

I don't think the staff is as high on Tyler as most of us on here, and I am expecting to see winfield commit in the near future, leaving only 1 DB spot left and I think the staff has their eyes on bigger fish for that 1 spot, we'll see though, a lot can chance from now til signing day.

per ESPN:

Class of '16 update: Minnesota's 2016 class could be one of the more sneaky classes in the Big Ten. You get the sense that the staff is putting together a group of commitments who could be big-time contributors down the road. With 14 total commitments, the class is led by ESPN 300 receiver Dredrick Snelson, who is ranked No. 98 in the country. The Gophers were also able to reel in four-star lineman Sean Foster as well as in-state defensive lineman Jovanny Garcia and linebacker Carter Coughlin, an exceptionally athletic prospect.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/121771/2015-season-preview-minnesota-golden-gophers

Go Gophers!!

I don't think the staff is as high on Tyler as most of us on here, and I am expecting to see winfield commit in the near future, leaving only 1 DB spot left and I think the staff has their eyes on bigger fish for that 1 spot, we'll see though, a lot can chance from now til signing day.

I agree completely. It just doesn't seem like the staff has made Johnson a high priority like others in this class.

I hate to do this, but I saw this on Twitter - trolls be trollin'

Anyone else see that 247 has Hmielewski as a 4 star? I didnt realize he was that highly rated.

I hate to do this, but I saw this on Twitter - trolls be trollin'

Wow looking at that guy's tweets (not Dredrick but the other) give me flashbacks to a Criminal Minds episode. I am pretty sure there are 3 twitter accounts that he operates and just has conversations with himself. Love Dredrick not taking any of his garbage.

Think he just got re-rated up, maybe even today

Even so, I hadn't heard anything from anyone that would have led me to believe he would be a 4 star. I've always heard that he was a backup option to Spielman and Tyler Johnson. Now he's ranked significantly higher than both of them.

247 also rerated Snelson he's now an 85, still low, but more understandable.

They actually bumped up a ton of guys. Barber, Martin, Olson and Snelson all went from either a grade of 80, 81 or 82 to 85. Schlueter went from 85 to 89. Unfortunately, Jojo went from 88 to 84 and Tyler Johnson went from 86 to 80.

In case you didn't know, 89 is the highest grade a 3 star can get and 80 is the lowest a three star can get. I wouldn't worry too much about Jojo's update because it is likely just because he isn't playing his senior year. The 247 guys haven't seen him camp this spring or summer so no reason to believe that they think he actually got worse. Also, Dredrick's new grade bumped him to 4 stars on the composite ratings.

Wow looking at that guy's tweets (not Dredrick but the other) give me flashbacks to a Criminal Minds episode. I am pretty sure there are 3 twitter accounts that he operates and just has conversations with himself. Love Dredrick not taking any of his garbage.

What a surprise, Gopher supreme hater, Panther-wears-his-pants-to-tight and it still doesn't help with the ladies, stalking Gopher recruits on Twitter. Nothing is out of bounds with that cretin.

Class now #30 on 247's composite rankings ahead of Wisconsin and Iowa with fewer commits than either.

I think all of the changes on 247 have to do with one of their national guys, Steve Wiltfong, reviewing their class recently.

My impression is that Kill recruited speed and athleticism with character when he first arrived to a shocking lack of talent. He has since added a premium to length. Do not know how that effects specific recruits.

People have been saying 5'7" to 5'9" for JD Spielman. Maybe that's what you're referring to.

That must be it. I must have forgot that I had switched threads and thought they were talking about HM.

JD will be announcing Nebraska tomorrow, he has not spoken to the MN staff since his visit to Nebraska.

Let's see if I got this right. Rick S wants all Gopher fans to support the Vikings and his kid might go to Nebraska?

Rick S. wants (and gets paid) to get the best players he can into purple and gold uniforms. He has zero allegiance to the University, other than one of convenience. We will be fine with or without him.

Where the kid of the Vikings GM decides to go to school shouldn't even be considered whether or not Gopher fans support the Vikings.

Who cares spielman has a better shot of seeing the field earlier at Nebraska best of luck to him

Top Bottom