Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

We have to be plugging the angle of Minnesota, preparing them for the possibility of playing their NFL careers in a cold weather city.

Eastridge's illegal recruiting is why Cretin Derham Hall has gone from an elite program to a solid program. Elite players from tough economic situations & piss poor football programs would find their ways to CDH on scholarships, just as Garcia did in the past, but those players began choosing Eastridge or even leaving CDH for Eastridge, as Garcia did. It clearly wasn't for better coaching, national exposure, a better conference or facilities. It makes me wonder what exactly it was? It's interesting that Garcia, Seth Green & the WR Cline (Sp?) all seemed to bail out at about the same time. Seems like they knew the jig was up.

As far as I'm concerned, anything that hurts CDH football program is a good thing. If it weren't for them recruiting some of the best mn athletes away from their home school, who knows how many more of those guys would've ended up at the U.

As far as I'm concerned, anything that hurts CDH football program is a good thing. If it weren't for them recruiting some of the best mn athletes away from their home school, who knows how many more of those guys would've ended up at the U.
As a private school CDH doesn't have any restrictions on where kids are from. I think that the Transfer Rule needs to be tweaked so that kids can return to their home school without losing eligibility. CDH will continue to be a problem with the former Hawkeyes on the staff. If Ferentz were to be fired it might help.

What are the chances that this weekend Aimee Wavenski commits to the Gophers?

What are the chances that this weekend Aimee Wavenski commits to the Gophers?

Doubt he commits over the weekend. As of now Kentucky seems to be the leader but that is because he doesn't know very much about Minnesota which will change on his visit. Miami is still in play too. Depending on how much he likes his visit I'd give us a 30-50% chance. Ra'Shede Hageman is actually the one guy in the NFL who he models his game after. Also, I didn't realize this before but the gophers have won more combined games the past two years than either Miami (15) or Kentucky (2).

As a private school CDH doesn't have any restrictions on where kids are from. I think that the Transfer Rule needs to be tweaked so that kids can return to their home school without losing eligibility. CDH will continue to be a problem with the former Hawkeyes on the staff. If Ferentz were to be fired it might help.

That was when Iowa was good. No one's going there now. CDH also has Ray Hitchcock on staff & he's obviously a huge Gopher homer. Mel Scanlan's known to rock the Gopher visor as well. The coaching staff at CDH absolutely does not push kids away from the U. It's like this, those kids want to win. That's why many left their crappy public school teams to play at CDH in the first place. At the college level it's the same thing. They want to play for a winner & play in big games. One former recruit I know was recruited under Brewster. He basically just asked me "Would you have played for Brew instead of going to Notre Dame, Wisconsin or Iowa (when they were winning 10 games a year)?". It's not CDH's fault we sucked for many years. The perception of the Gophers is changing. All we have to do is win & the "CDH pushes their kids away from the U" urban myth will be dispelled.

Doubt he commits over the weekend. As of now Kentucky seems to be the leader but that is because he doesn't know very much about Minnesota which will change on his visit. Miami is still in play too. Depending on how much he likes his visit I'd give us a 30-50% chance. Ra'Shede Hageman is actually the one guy in the NFL who he models his game after. Also, I didn't realize this before but the gophers have won more combined games the past two years than either Miami (15) or Kentucky (2).

What a bizarre player to model your game after.

Benefits of signing a solid local core.

Swing big Jerry

Gotta start the season right. Tons of momentum from a Solid showing vs tcu. Probably can survive a loss, as long as it's competitive. Imagine if we win!!

Great post. Not only does signing all the top in-state guys create that solid core & create exclusivity, but it also allows the staff to spend all their resources focusing in those final blue chippers they zero in on.

That was when Iowa was good. No one's going there now. CDH also has Ray Hitchcock on staff & he's obviously a huge Gopher homer. Mel Scanlan's known to rock the Gopher visor as well. The coaching staff at CDH absolutely does not push kids away from the U. It's like this, those kids want to win. That's why many left their crappy public school teams to play at CDH in the first place. At the college level it's the same thing. They want to play for a winner & play in big games. One former recruit I know was recruited under Brewster. He basically just asked me "Would you have played for Brew instead of going to Notre Dame, Wisconsin or Iowa (when they were winning 10 games a year)?". It's not CDH's fault we sucked for many years. The perception of the Gophers is changing. All we have to do is win & the "CDH pushes their kids away from the U" urban myth will be dispelled.

I agree 100%

I have said it before and will say it again. If Jashon Cornell or Onuwalu had gone to Washburn or Wayzeta would they have chosen the gophers and not OSU or ND? The answer is absolutely no. If Carter Coughlin had gone to CDH would be not be committed to the gophers? The answer is no. A lot of the state's best players just would rather play somewhere else than Minnesota and a lot of those great players have happened to go to CDH. Ragnow, Hassenauer, Carlberg, Seth Green etc. all turned down Minnesota too.

Following closely due to similarity is a better way of putting it I guess.

Didn't mean to be a dick, was just thinking Shede hasn't exactly been an All Pro or anything yet, seemed kind of random. Now I get it. Very interested to see how this visit & recruitment goes. We can use his size/talent, but it's going to be hard to lure a guy like that to Minnesota due to culture shock imo. The Haitians in SoFla are a very unique cultural group & he'd basically be on his own up here. My money's on him going to school in SoFla.

I agree 100%

I have said it before and will say it again. If Jashon Cornell or Onuwalu had gone to Washburn or Wayzeta would they have chosen the gophers and not OSU or ND? The answer is absolutely no. If Carter Coughlin had gone to CDH would be not be committed to the gophers? The answer is no. A lot of the state's best players just would rather play somewhere else than Minnesota and a lot of those great players have happened to go to CDH. Ragnow, Hassenauer, Carlberg, Seth Green etc. all turned down Minnesota too.

We went quite a few years without landing any of the top Eden Prairie guys either. Walker Ashley, Willie Mobley, et al. All blew town to play for sexier programs. Just win baby!

What a MASSIVE commitment!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Between the 247, Rivals, Scout, and ESPN they list offers from

Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Ole Miss, USC, Louisville, Mississippi State, Florida, Miami (FL), Clemson, Notre Dame, Nebraska, North Carolina, West Virginia, Virgina Tech, Vanderbilt, Colorado, Purdue, NC State, wisconsin.

What a MASSIVE commitment!

Go Gophers!!

247 has him as a 3 star. Just an old or inaccurate rating? Crazy offer list for a 3 star wr.

Jerr swung big on this one and connected.

It sure don't matter to me if 247 has him rated or not ... If coach Kill excepts his commitment I do too..

Congratulations to Dredrick for joining the new empire!

Jerry Kill's five-year plan is coming to full realization. Never in doubt, brick by brick, recruit by recruit!

This is turning out to be an awesome class. :clap::clap::clap:

I did a little digging and from the sounds of it right now, The staff would be willing to accept a Spielman commitment and that's it for now. I expect the staff to put pressure on him to commit soon or they are moving on. Edwards may be a take eventually, but that will depend on how things work out with other recruits and Spielman. Marshall kid will not get an offer any time soon, unless he blows up in his senior year. Also found out Aimes is a big Gopher lean right now, and no longer has a Kentucky offer. Aimes would be huge get for the staff and would likely to start right away. He is a 2 for 2 Juco.

per Sid:

• One high school football player the Gophers are recruiting hard is Antoine Winfield Jr., son of the former Vikings star. Winfield Jr. lives in The Woodlands, Texas, but the fact that he grew up in the Eden Prairie area while his dad was playing here could help. How good an athlete is the young Winfield? Recently the 5-10 corner was timed in a 4.27-second 40-yard dash while visiting Ohio State, where his dad played.

http://www.startribune.com/rigorous-schedule-doesn-t-daunt-kill-gophers/320396782/

Go Gophers!!

FYI, evidently the staff decided against bringing Davon Durant in for a visit. So for everyone who was freaking out the point is moo (It's like a cow's opinion, it doesn't matter).

FYI, evidently the staff decided against bringing Davon Durant in for a visit. So for everyone who was freaking out the point is moo (It's like a cow's opinion, it doesn't matter).
Well played, Pig Man. Well played.

I did a little digging and from the sounds of it right now, The staff would be willing to accept a Spielman commitment and that's it for now. I expect the staff to put pressure on him to commit soon or they are moving on. Edwards may be a take eventually, but that will depend on how things work out with other recruits and Spielman. Marshall kid will not get an offer any time soon, unless he blows up in his senior year. Also found out Aimes is a big Gopher lean right now, and no longer has a Kentucky offer. Aimes would be huge get for the staff and would likely to start right away. He is a 2 for 2 Juco.

You haven't done any digging, just repeating what Ryan Burns says on the pay site...

You haven't done any digging, just repeating what Ryan Burns says on the pay site...

That explains the true source...all he had to do was to explain where the information came from.

Perhaps that site is where he did his digging. Did you feel he was claiming to have called the coaches?

Perhaps that site is where he did his digging. Did you feel he was claiming to have called the coaches?

Not much digging when perhaps he just read Burns site. Could have been another site I wouldn't know but hey let's give the credit where it is due.

Why are people bagging on someone posting recruiting info on this site? Isn't that why we all visit this board?

Top Bottom