Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Interesting that they'd look at a JUCO OL. It looks like it's only Alex and Connor Mayes as Junior offensive linemen in 2016 (assuming this guy would be a junior coming in?).

Next year we have Isaac Hayes, Connor Mayes and Tyler Moore as interior linemen that we'd be comfortable playing. Behind them we have Jared Wyler, Ted Steiber and Matt Leidner. A Juco Guard makes a lot of sense imo.

Im sure everybody is still wondering and its the million dollar question but does anybody have any insight or word on Kegel? Seems like he is dragging this out and with multiple OL being offered in the last few days that might not be a good sign.

I keep having to remind myself that he's not even done with his Junior year. It's really not that unreasonable of a wait. If he goes to OSU we'll get someone even better.

Im sure everybody is still wondering and its the million dollar question but does anybody have any insight or word on Kegel? Seems like he is dragging this out and with multiple OL being offered in the last few days that might not be a good sign.

It's May and he's still a junior in high school. For an example of dragging it out, see Frank Ragnow.

Kegel is down to us and Oklahoma St. He could make a decision any day.

Ya i guess both of you are right. Hard to believe that were getting concerned this early in the game, but that is a good thing!

Next year we have Isaac Hayes, Connor Mayes and Tyler Moore as interior linemen that we'd be comfortable playing. Behind them we have Jared Wyler, Ted Steiber and Matt Leidner. A Juco Guard makes a lot of sense imo.

Read that as Mitch and LOL'd

Staff isn't messing around with those last 2 targets. wow. competition will be intense there

Making some offers to some quality players - nice to see us aiming high

They are making the rounds through spring practice in the South and when they see something they like and that baller has interest in Minnesota they offer. They aren't offering kids just to throw an offer out there. Recruiting is making a major upgrade a year earlier than I expected. The Army All American game is going to be fun to watch whether is is Carter playing or a half dozen Gopher commits playing.

On any given spring practice we will have 3 to 5 BCS recruiters on the field. From NC State to Notre Dame to Stanford. All are welcome!

Weren't we supposed to have three more commitments by now? Are they top secret verbals or was Sid having an off day when he made his ten commitments by now prediction?

Weren't we supposed to have three more commitments by now? Are they top secret verbals or was Sid having an off day when he made his ten commitments by now prediction?

I saw that too. Predictions like this should never be made. Kind of like the bowl predictions and what not. Remember we're dealing with 17 year old kids making big decisions.

I saw that too. Predictions like this should never be made. Kind of like the bowl predictions and what not. Remember we're dealing with 17 year old kids making big decisions.

Predictions like that can absolutely be made, just not by Sid. There was never a chance of 4 commits in the last two weeks and it never made sense for him to say that.

Predictions like that can absolutely be made, just not by Sid. There was never a chance of 4 commits in the last two weeks and it never made sense for him to say that.

Of course people can do what they want as to predictions (bowl games etc.). Do they really make sense though?

Predictions are always allowed. Incorrect predictions can be forgiven. Professional writers getting facts wrong is not acceptable. Sid did not get anything factually wrong.

Note: This is a statement of writers in general, and not a jab at any particular writer.

I don't think Sid just pulled that number out of thin air. Somebody said something that made Sid think some more commits were on the way. Of course, being Sid, he may not have heard it correctly. (for a guy who plugs hearing aids on his show, he sure has a lot of trouble hearing people.......)

Yea sid should give it up, but by god he is an institution and I respect that. The fact that they still can't fire him demonstrates his value. People still read him no matter what, myself included. Sometimes you just gotta give it up, credit where its due, yada yada.

Monticello Times: Monticello’s Conner Olson accepts golden offer

“Becoming a Division I football player was not something that was in the cards for me a couple of years ago,” Olson told the Times, on Tuesday afternoon.

But Olson grew, to the tune of four inches and 90 pounds in two and a half years, and he worked, and he worked, and he worked. And now, at an increasingly agile 6’5” and 275 pounds, the junior projects as one of the best lineman prospects in the state.

“I got bigger, stronger, and faster,” said Olson, of the difference between now and 30 months ago. “I got really blessed with all the genetics.”

http://monticellotimes.com/2015/05/07/monticellos-conner-olson-accepts-golden-offer/

Go Gophers!!

Just took a look at the current commit lists for Big Ten teams. Check out Ohio State, wow!

https://rivals.yahoo.com/minnesota/football/recruiting/commitments/2016/ohiostate-33

On the other end of the spectrum, Iowa, Indiana, and Purdue fans must be getting a bit concerned with their 2016 classes.

Our class is impressive in quality and in numbers at this time of the process for us. Somebody will know but we had a nice class last year and I think around now we had one guy and then two on June 1st or something similar. Ohio State's is impressive too but we are closing the gap each year.

Our class is impressive in quality and in numbers at this time of the process for us. Somebody will know but we had a nice class last year and I think around now we had one guy and then two on June 1st or something similar. Ohio State's is impressive too but we are closing the gap each year.

Actually our first commit, Bronson Dovich, didn't even have an offer at this time of year. He was offered May 20th and committed May 30th

Is Jamahl Johnson still on the Gophers radar?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">DT <a href="https://twitter.com/Jamahl_Johnson">@Jamahl_Johnson</a> (6-0.5, 305) had huge day.
Doesn't look 305 and doesn't move like it either. Active DT that'll make plays.
<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Final5?src=hash">#Final5</a> DL.</p>— Todd Huber (@ToddHuberSS) <a href="https://twitter.com/ToddHuberSS/status/595370407311634432">May 4, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Top Bottom