Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Has Coughlin set the day that he will announce or was it anytime this week?

This is what I found: http://www.thedailygopher.com/2015/3/3/8142627/minnesota-football-golden-nugz-3-3-15-football-is-back-spring-practice

But, an interesting note...he does play basketball. EP's basketball season just ended with a one point loss to Hopkins in the section final. So, had they won, he'd be playing in the state basketball tournament this week. EP was ahead by 7 with a minute or two remaining.

Out of this list how many of these guys do you think we will get? http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Fo...Rankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=MN

Huge get for the Gophers! Welcome aboard CC! Based on this list, I believe we could go 10 for 10. I think the least likely to get offered would be the QB from Burnsville, Kamal Martin. Howard and Johnson are the other two we have yet to offer. I'll take 7 of these offered home grown kids any day of the week though! Congratulations Coach Kill and staff!

Huge get for the Gophers! Welcome aboard CC! Based on this list, I believe we could go 10 for 10. I think the least likely to get offered would be the QB from Burnsville, Kamal Martin. Howard and Johnson are the other two we have yet to offer. I'll take 7 of these offered home grown kids any day of the week though! Congratulations Coach Kill and staff!

Think Johnson or Howard will ever get an offer?

Tyler Johnson does have an offer, Jamahl Johnson does not.

Can anyone here give any info as to what positions some of these ATH recruits (Johnson, Howard, and Spielman) are projected to play in college?

Tyler Johnson is likely a DB. Spielman likely a slot WR.

Checked the MN football hub and Tyler Johnson had 9 INTs last year in 11 games. Never seen anything like that before.

Sorry meant Jamahl Johnson

I love his size and his bloodlines, but it's telling that he has no offers. The book on him is he doesn't have a real high motor. He's only a Junior in High School, so there's still plenty of time, but he's going to have to convince the staff that he's ready to get after it.

Does Kamal Martin have the athleticism to play another position? Hes a big kid. May make a good WR.

Out of this list how many of these guys do you think we will get? http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Fo...Rankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=MN

Of the 7 players we've offered, I think we land 6. Just because the odds of landing all 7 seem slim and has probably never happened.

Right now we're 2/2, Thomas Barber should make it 3/3 soon. Kegel looks like a strong Gopher lean, and Schleuter also appears to be leaning towards us. Tyler Johnson and Spielman seem to be unknowns at this point. The other 3 should have the opportunity to earn offers at camp this summer.

Obviously, nothing is ever official until they sign….and sometimes not even after that. HOWEVER, this is a list of schools Kill and co. have beaten out for Coughlin and Garcia:

Ohio St.
Oregon
Sparty x2
Iowa
Bucky
Pitt
AND Western Michigan (which is the obvious stamp of approval)

If not for the early verbals, there would be many more impressive offers to come in the future. I know Kill and staff are great at finding guys that fit their system and developing them, but I get even more excited when:
1. They are highly touted
2. They are in state prospects

SKI-U-MAH

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom