Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Potentially good news on Autry front. Stay tuned.

Hehehe! If this happens Leidner can have his beefcakes and let the opponents eat it too!

If the Greene & Autry commitments are for real, the Gophers will have eight massive behemoths and a total of eighteen OL:

BJ Autry SO(?) 6' 3" 320 lbs
Vincent Calhoun JR 6' 4" 335 lbs
Donnell Greene SO(?) 6' 7" 345 lbs
Connor Mayes JR 6' 5" 328 lbs
Tyler Moore SO 6' 4" 306 lbs
Jonah Pirsig RS SR 6' 9" 316 lbs
Ted Stieber RS FR 6' 6" 305 lbs
Garrison Wright JR 6' 4" 318 lbs

Nick Connelly RS FR 6' 7" 286 lbs
Bronson Dovich RS FR 6' 5" 288 lbs
Chad Fanning RS JR 6' 6" 290 lbs
Noah Kuehn RS FR 6' 7" 297 lbs
Matt Leidner RS JR 6' 2" 283 lbs
Conner Olson FR 6' 5" 288 lbs
Quinn Oseland RS FR 6' 6" 291 lbs
Luke Rasmussen RS SO 6' 7" 284 lbs
Sam Schlueter FR 6' 6" 280 lbs
Jared Weyler RS SO 6' 4" 293 lbs

:pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig:

If Greene is committed, how come we don't see anything official? Nothing until Glasscock talks about Golden Tickets

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hehehe! If this happens Leidner can have his beefcakes and let the opponents eat it too!

If the Greene & Autry commitments are for real, the Gophers will have eight massive behemoths and a total of eighteen OL:

BJ Autry SO(?) 6' 3" 320 lbs
Vincent Calhoun JR 6' 4" 335 lbs
Donnell Greene SO(?) 6' 7" 345 lbs
Connor Mayes JR 6' 5" 328 lbs
Tyler Moore SO 6' 4" 306 lbs
Jonah Pirsig RS SR 6' 9" 316 lbs
Ted Stieber RS FR 6' 6" 305 lbs
Garrison Wright JR 6' 4" 318 lbs

Nick Connelly RS FR 6' 7" 286 lbs
Bronson Dovich RS FR 6' 5" 288 lbs
Chad Fanning RS JR 6' 6" 290 lbs
Noah Kuehn RS FR 6' 7" 297 lbs
Matt Leidner RS JR 6' 2" 283 lbs
Conner Olson FR 6' 5" 288 lbs
Quinn Oseland RS FR 6' 6" 291 lbs
Luke Rasmussen RS SO 6' 7" 284 lbs
Sam Schlueter FR 6' 6" 280 lbs
Jared Weyler RS SO 6' 4" 293 lbs

:pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig:

While it would be great news for the future if Autry does commit - he probably will have to sit out this year, so Leidner won't get the benefit...good potential news nonetheless.

I get the sense that Claeys doesn't talk just to hear the sound of his own voice - when he says something, there's a purpose behind it. In recent weeks, he has said repeatedly that the OL depth is (was) one of his biggest concerns going into the season.

IF Greene and Autry both commit, that will go a long way toward improving the OL depth - and buy another year for younger players to develop. Which is exactly the reason he gave for bringing in a grad transfer in the defensive backfield.

Either that, or Claeys has decided to turn the Gophers into K-State North, and just bring in a bunch of JUCO's every year...........

I get the sense that Claeys doesn't talk just to hear the sound of his own voice - when he says something, there's a purpose behind it. In recent weeks, he has said repeatedly that the OL depth is (was) one of his biggest concerns going into the season.

IF Greene and Autry both commit, that will go a long way toward improving the OL depth - and buy another year for younger players to develop. Which is exactly the reason he gave for bringing in a grad transfer in the defensive backfield.

Either that, or Claeys has decided to turn the Gophers into K-State North, and just bring in a bunch of JUCO's every year...........

This staff brings in JUCOs when they have to. Think about this, the O-line had been so mismanaged from a recruiting standpoint that if we hadn't brought in 2 JUCOs (Wright and Calhoun) we would have had a total of 2 scholarship upperclassmen (Pirsig and Mayes) this year. Yes, some of this is due to injuries and attrition, but we didn't recruit well imo. I remember the year we took Alex Mayes, Kill made a comment that we could only take 1 o-lineman for that class. Given that 5 O-lineman play every snap, I'm not sure how you can ever justify taking less than 3 in any recruiting class. The following year, we landed a blue chip recruit in Connor Mayes but reached with Weyler and Rasmussen. That's 2 recruiting cycles with probably 1 player who will ever contribute. Hence, the need to stock up on JUCO O-lineman right now.

This staff brings in JUCOs when they have to. Think about this, the O-line had been so mismanaged from a recruiting standpoint that if we hadn't brought in 2 JUCOs (Wright and Calhoun) we would have had a total of 2 scholarship upperclassmen (Pirsig and Mayes) this year. Yes, some of this is due to injuries and attrition, but we didn't recruit well imo. I remember the year we took Alex Mayes, Kill made a comment that we could only take 1 o-lineman for that class. Given that 5 O-lineman play every snap, I'm not sure how you can ever justify taking less than 3 in any recruiting class. The following year, we landed a blue chip recruit in Connor Mayes but reached with Weyler and Rasmussen. That's 2 recruiting cycles with probably 1 player who will ever contribute. Hence, the need to stock up on JUCO O-lineman right now.

Yea, there is a major change taking place with the O line. It was a weak point in the Kill years and Claeys is doing what ever it takes to fix it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good News On Donnell Greene!

We hopefully can nab BJ Autry too.

It will be full court press from Baylor to keep him. They may play the not having to sit out a year card.

It is looking like the O Line reccruiting in the 2016 class is an under the radar story for the Gophers!

I think they will eke out a few games.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

per Joe:

The Gophers continued to add immediate depth Saturday, when they landed a commitment from junior college offensive lineman Donnell Greene.

The 6-7, 345-pound Greene, who hails from Marietta, Ga., will transfer to Minnesota from Coffeyville Community College in Kansas. He'll start classes at Minnesota in August and will be eligible to play this fall with three years of eligibility remaining.

Greene also had reported offers from Missouri and San Diego State. He's the third junior college offensive lineman to transfer to Minnesota for the Class of 2016, joining Vincent Calhoun (Southwest Mississippi CC) and Garrison Wright (Butler CC).

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-add-donnell-greene-another-juco-offensive-lineman/384400541/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom