Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Hello from Indianapolis...Maynard plays for Decatur Central here in Indy. Good 5A program, turning out some nice players on the southwest side of town. I work with his dad here in Indy. Coach Kill is looking for some football players, indianapolis is making them. Continue to look around indy and especially in the MIC football conference. Stevens the QB at DC is committed to Penn State i believe.

Junior day was today.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Great visit at Minnesota today!
<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SkiUMah?src=hash">#SkiUMah</a> <a href="http://t.co/e0CcGR4lOK">pic.twitter.com/e0CcGR4lOK</a></p>— Kamal Martin7⃣ (@KamalMartin6) <a href="https://twitter.com/KamalMartin6/status/561693808715653120">February 1, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Typically don't follow out of state recruiting ver closely this early in the game but this might be one to keep an eye on. Seems interested the past few days.

4 star RB Matt Falcon is another one that I'll remember as he is teammates with Buford and Johnson at Southfield. We should be somewhat appealing at this point to o-lineman and RBs.

Already holds an OSU offer. But no doubt he'd be a huge guy to bring in. I don't see anything on his 247 timeline. Edit: I now see we have offered

Already holds an OSU offer. But no doubt he'd be a huge guy to bring in. I don't see anything on his 247 timeline. Do we have interest?

OSU already has the #1 RB in the country committed and another 4 RB star on their 2016 class. We offered him about 2 weeks ago.

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Levonte Taylor is 5'4"? He BETTER be fast... if rivals has tht right

Give him 1-month with Kline and he'll be 6'6"/200#.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rushed for over 1,100 yards and 16 TDs with over 7 YPC. Hopefully he can grow 2-3 inches.

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/athlete/2091775/highlights/167897375' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

I actually had a dream last night that the Gophers got a good commit from some guy with a crazy name. And, I was actually watching highlight video in my dream. I need help :rolleyes:

Go Gophers!!

Unofficial or official?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think HS juniors can even take officials at this point.

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Hey folks, I really appreciate the posts showing the tweets with photos of their school visits. One favor: for those guys who's Twitter handle is not their actual name, please give us the player's name. Maybe I'm the only sap who wonders who some of these guys are. Thanks!

I saw Kamal Martin at Burnsville High School last Friday night. Holy smokes! That dude, if nothing else, looks the part of an elite athlete. I haven't seen him play football yet, but just seeing him up close made me feel tiny and puny, and I'm 6'3" 220 lbs. He looked like he had already been in Klein's weight room for the last 5 years! Stud!

Looks like Tyler Johnson made ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12267852

<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?playerBrandingId=4ef8000cbaf34c1687a7d9a26fe0e89e&adSetCode=91cDU6NuXTGKz3OdjOxFdAgJVtQcKJnI&pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:12267852&thruParam_espn-ui[autoPlay]=false&thruParam_espn-ui[playRelatedExternally]=true"></script>

I saw Kamal Martin at Burnsville High School last Friday night. Holy smokes! That dude, if nothing else, looks the part of an elite athlete. I haven't seen him play football yet, but just seeing him up close made me feel tiny and puny, and I'm 6'3" 220 lbs. He looked like he had already been in Klein's weight room for the last 5 years! Stud!

That's about all he has going for him right now. He looks the part but he hasn't produced on the field. He's like a poor man's Seth Green; a good athlete with all the tools who will put on a show at camps but not on the field.

PiPress: Minnesota's 2016 class looks strong, Kill says

Gophers coach Jerry Kill said the 2016 class of Minnesota high school prospects could be the best collection of in-state talent since 2012.

In that recruiting class, the Gophers netted Maxx Williams (Waconia), Jonah Pirsig (Blue Earth), Philip Nelson (Mankato) and Andre McDonald (Hopkins).

"Next year will be one of the better years in Minnesota since Maxx and all that group," Kill said. "There are some players in Minnesota. You have to find out where everybody else comes and make sure that you do your job."

http://www.twincities.com/prep/ci_27462351/high-school-football-minnesotas-2016-class-looks-strong

Go Gophers!!

Already holds an OSU offer. But no doubt he'd be a huge guy to bring in. I don't see anything on his 247 timeline. Edit: I now see we have offered

Can someone start the "When will we get our first commit" thread and the "When will rivals release their star ranking" thread. And possibly the "Where are all the 4 and 5 star guys Kill is recruiting" thread? It just seems like they are over due.

The Gophers already have their first 2016 commit and he is a good one.....Jovanny JoJo Garcia out of East Ridge. 3+ stars and rated the 24th best DT in the country. Hopefully Coughlin and others follow suit and commit early enough to convince others to take a more serious look at MN.

Hey folks, I really appreciate the posts showing the tweets with photos of their school visits. One favor: for those guys who's Twitter handle is not their actual name, please give us the player's name. Maybe I'm the only sap who wonders who some of these guys are. Thanks!

I know i always kinda laugh at that to.. Posting pictures of guys in u uniform and no name on who they the hell they are. Could be Jo blow from down the street for all I know. Or a Twitter saying how jack they are about a visit again no clue who u are but thats great.

Top Bottom