Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

I said he was the most over-hyped recruit. Based on the attention he gets on this board, you'd think he was a top 10 player in the country instead of the #166 rated receiver who is currently ranked lower on several services than our other 3 WR recruits...:banghead:

Not trying to be a dpodoll, but even 247 and scout rate him higher than 166th; both in the 140s. Rivals 49th and ESPN 20th.

247 is dead to me until proven otherwise. Their initial rating of Snelson was a bad joke, and there have been other issues.

scout I like because of Burns. Enough said.

I know this is may be old news, but on Burns' podcast the other day he mentioned we may have a "trick up our sleeve" in regards to trying to flip a guy, think he was an O lineman committed to UW? Any idea what he was talking about?

I know this is may be old news, but on Burns' podcast the other day he mentioned we may have a "trick up our sleeve" in regards to trying to flip a guy, think he was an O lineman committed to UW? Any idea what he was talking about?

It was Kasl, but Kasl reaffirmed his commitment awhile ago.

It was Kasl, but Kasl reaffirmed his commitment awhile ago.

It didn't sound like Kasl was one of the "tricks up their sleeve" that Burns was talking about; he talked about him separately. He said there are other things going on that he couldn't talk about, and he talked about Kasl (said he expects him to stick at UW).

It didn't sound like Kasl was one of the "tricks up their sleeve" that Burns was talking about; he talked about him separately. He said there are other things going on that he couldn't talk about, and he talked about Kasl (said he expects him to stick at UW).

They only have 2 OL committed this class, Van Lanen and Kasl. Van Lanen for sure isn't coming here and Kasl said he's gonna stick with UW. Maybe it's recruit who's uncommitted.

They only have 2 OL committed this class, Van Lanen and Kasl. Van Lanen for sure isn't coming here and Kasl said he's gonna stick with UW. Maybe it's recruit who's uncommitted.

Burns didn't say the "trick up the sleeve" was a UW commit. He spoke about Kasl, who is a UW commit then later he spoke about the Gopher's "trick up their sleeve". Two separate topics.

We may have heard different things. I heard Burns say the staff still has a few tricks up their sleeves that he couldn't talk about. I did not hear him say that those tricks had anything to do with a UW-committed lineman. Maybe I missed it.

He had talked about Kasl just prior to that, saying that he thought Kasl was sticking with UW but there are a few days left and anything can happen.

We may have heard different things. I heard Burns say the staff still has a few tricks up their sleeves that he couldn't talk about. I did not hear him say that those tricks had anything to do with a UW-committed lineman. Maybe I missed it.

He had talked about Kasl just prior to that, saying that he thought Kasl was sticking with UW but there are a few days left and anything can happen.

Hopefully they do have a few tricks up their sleeve.

Maybe it's the Michigan kid who got his scholarship yanked. He is leaning Wisconsin from what I have read but they don't seem to have a spot for him.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Maybe it's the Michigan kid who got his scholarship yanked. He is leaning Wisconsin from what I have read but they don't seem to have a spot for him.

Good point, Never thought of that.

Good point, Never thought of that.

Burns did not state that the "trick up the Gophers' sleeve" is a current UW commit or a recruit that was a UW lean. Listen to the podcast from about 23:00 to 25:00. He talks Kasl then states a lot can change in the next 9 days THEN goes on to talk about the "tricks up the Gophers's sleeves" that he can't mention. It wasn't said in relation to Kasl. Quit taking one person's incorrect interpretation as gospel.

I thought of this tweet from @ZachJohnsonGI when he said that:

The #Gophers are also planning to entertain Eastern Illinois OL transfer Jimmy Lowery this weekend. Lowery would be eligible immediately.

http://www.eiupanthers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4588&path=football

Attachments

• lowrey.jpg
    lowrey.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 73

That kid got a raw deal, but he also refused a visit at Michigan.... that seems a bit ominous. Dude might not be all he is cracked up to be.

That's not to say we couldn't use him but I'd have some concerns.

That kid got a raw deal, but he also refused a visit at Michigan.... that seems a bit ominous. Dude might not be all he is cracked up to be.

That's not to say we couldn't use him but I'd have some concerns.
I would agree the timing sucks and I am not a Harbaugh guy at all but is it really any different then a kid changing his mind at the last minute.

I misreported the "6-8 JuCo" number and got flamed for it, but they're really trying to go after upperclassmen players.
They have to after all the guys who left, some with eligibility remaining. Pirsig is the only senior. They need some upperclassmen for experience, depth and. to balance the classes

Burns did not state that the "trick up the Gophers' sleeve" is a current UW commit or a recruit that was a UW lean. Listen to the podcast from about 23:00 to 25:00. He talks Kasl then states a lot can change in the next 9 days THEN goes on to talk about the "tricks up the Gophers's sleeves" that he can't mention. It wasn't said in relation to Kasl. Quit taking one person's incorrect interpretation as gospel.
What are you smoking?

Not trying to be a dpodoll, but even 247 and scout rate him higher than 166th; both in the 140s. Rivals 49th and ESPN 20th.

247 is dead to me until proven otherwise. Their initial rating of Snelson was a bad joke, and there have been other issues.

scout I like because of Burns. Enough said.

As of this morning, Scout ranks Howard as the #66 WR, Hmielewski #69, Johnson as the #52 safety, and Snelson as the #142 rated WR. http://www.scout.com/college/minnesota/2016-football-commits

I misreported the "6-8 JuCo" number and got flamed for it, but they're really trying to go after upperclassmen players.

I try to look at each position group when looking at classes. Without any Jucos or transfers, we would have just one senior and two junior OL next season. We had three OL that could have returned that didn't (Bobek, Lauer, Hayes). So it makes sense to try and even the classes out a little bit by bringing in a few Jucos and transfers.

In the ever-changing prediction world, 24/7 sports had 3 predictions today for Noah Fant flipping to MN.

I may have misinterpreted it, very possible. I wasn't sure if I had heard everything correctly or not, which is why I used punctuation that indicated as such. Don't see the big problem here.

I may have misinterpreted it, very possible. I wasn't sure if I had heard everything correctly or not, which is why I used punctuation that indicated as such. Don't see the big problem here.

You're good man. You were simply trying to initiate discussion on information from the podcast.

It's the other guy trying to follow leads that don't exist despite multiple people telling him its not right.

You're good man. You were simply trying to initiate discussion on information from the podcast.

It's the other guy trying to follow leads that don't exist despite multiple people telling him its not right.
What did I say that was wrong? Nothing.

What are you smoking?

Burns did not say the trick up the Gophers sleeve in terms of OL recruiting was in any sense related to Badgers commit or recuit. Quit digging for something that isn't there.

You wasted a page of this thread chasing down a lead that multiple people told you wasnt the information Burns relayed.

Top Bottom