Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Parents of Athletes, Have your children checked

I have been following this story closely and I am willing to bet he had a heart issue that led to this. My son was born with a heart disease that affected his aorta, the only symptom he was having was a mild discrepancy between the blood pressure on his arm and the one on his toe. They were going to discharge him but our pediatrician finally caught what the cause was. When we were told of the condition 4 doctors and 3 nurses were in the room and they told us at that time (6 years ago) that this is the condition that most likely kills the high school athletes as it is simply not checked for during physical exams. Parents of young athletes, when you get your physical exams ask them to test the blood pressure in the lower extremities as well as normal arm blood pressure. This may in fact save your child's life one day. By the way, my son was considered a mild case and they were going to hold off on surgery but after two checkups it was worsening so they did at 3 weeks of age. It can progressively get worse as you grow.

Speaking of Ko Kieft, he had an unfortunate link to a death of a hs wrestler in Iowa. Freak natural causes that stopped their match; later the opponent passed. It's not Kieft's fault, but I'd think it's been somewhat difficult for Kieft.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...ling-spencer-rallies-austin-roberts/77767730/

SDGopherFan,

I'm glad to hear that they caught it!!!!! Thanks for sharing this as a piece of advice for parents of not only athletes/future athletes but all parents!!!

I have been following this story closely and I am willing to bet he had a heart issue that led to this. My son was born with a heart disease that affected his aorta, the only symptom he was having was a mild discrepancy between the blood pressure on his arm and the one on his toe. They were going to discharge him but our pediatrician finally caught what the cause was. When we were told of the condition 4 doctors and 3 nurses were in the room and they told us at that time (6 years ago) that this is the condition that most likely kills the high school athletes as it is simply not checked for during physical exams. Parents of young athletes, when you get your physical exams ask them to test the blood pressure in the lower extremities as well as normal arm blood pressure. This may in fact save your child's life one day. By the way, my son was considered a mild case and they were going to hold off on surgery but after two checkups it was worsening so they did at 3 weeks of age. It can progressively get worse as you grow.

Curious as to the condition. If you're comfortable, I'd love if you'd send me a PM. I'm a med student and have an inkling what condition you're describing but the confirmation would be very helpful to be sure. If not, no worries either. Glad they caught and fixed it!

Check your inbox upnorthkid

Curious as to the condition. If you're comfortable, I'd love if you'd send me a PM. I'm a med student and have an inkling what condition you're describing but the confirmation would be very helpful to be sure. If not, no worries either. Glad they caught and fixed it!

Please don't get hurt in a frigging all star game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The last three weeks til signing day can be very interesting.

Which of the current committed players will flip (Daniels twins, Snelson, Durr)? Who will the Gophers flip?

Are there going to be any last minute unadvertised visitors?

Will there be any last minute pleasant surprises?

Will we get lucky this year and catch a quality recruit or two from teams that over-committed who suddenly find themselves SOL?

The last three weeks til signing day can be very interesting.

Which of the current committed players will flip (Daniels twins, Snelson, Durr)? Who will the Gophers flip?

Are there going to be any last minute unadvertised visitors?

Will there be any last minute pleasant surprises?

Will we get lucky this year and catch a quality recruit or two from teams that over-committed who suddenly find themselves SOL?

One thing I am curious about and I apologize if i missed it in this thread. Was Durkin recruiting the Daniels twins and Snelson at all while he was at Michigan?

I be curious to know if the thought of - you didn't think we were good enough to play at Michigan but you'll take us at Maryland ever crosses their mind if he wasn't.

Are they at Maryland this weekend? Because school doesn't start up again till the 26th. The place will be empty except for the basketball teams and cheerleaders and other irrelevant sport people. The surrounding area is a freaking cesspool of Northern D.C. I'm highly inclined to believe they won't be all that impressed. Maryland doesn't really have a Dinkytown, Stadium Village, or a Seven Corners. Let alone all three!

Here's hoping it's cold as Maryland's building are quite far apart and no tunnels or skyways.

One thing I am curious about and I apologize if i missed it in this thread. Was Durkin recruiting the Daniels twins and Snelson at all while he was at Michigan?

I be curious to know if the thought of - you didn't think we were good enough to play at Michigan but you'll take us at Maryland ever crosses their mind if he wasn't.

A good recruiter can always spin that, and most of these guys are really competitive, too big of egos to think like that

Are they at Maryland this weekend? Because school doesn't start up again till the 26th. The place will be empty except for the basketball teams and cheerleaders and other irrelevant sport people. The surrounding area is a freaking cesspool of Northern D.C. I'm highly inclined to believe they won't be all that impressed. Maryland doesn't really have a Dinkytown, Stadium Village, or a Seven Corners. Let alone all three!

Here's hoping it's cold as Maryland's building are quite far apart and no tunnels or skyways.

Jan 22nd according to 247

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

They've been trying to flip a lot of recruits, not just ours. I don't like it because other teams do the dirty work and they swoop in last minute.

Maybe other teams do it more than us (not really sure) but I think we've done our share of flipping recruits at the last minute too. Maybe an early signing period would fix some of that.

Poaching will require a kick in Maryland's pants at the next Big rules meeting.

I understand poaching recruits from other conferences, but poaching in conference has been frowned on, no? I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but it was my understanding that conferences tried to avoid it.

I understand poaching recruits from other conferences, but poaching in conference has been frowned on, no? I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but it was my understanding that conferences tried to avoid it.

May the best man or team win.

Burns/247 saying Elijah Battle was unable to enroll at the U and has de-committed from Minnesota.

Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumo...

Confirmed: CB Elijah Battle re-opens recruiting. Has yet to graduate JUCO and can't enroll at MN this month. #Gophers needed to move on.

Tweet by Joe Christiansen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll LOL if the Daniels twins flip. Imagine how much $$$ they would be out in Gopher gear...

Confirmed: CB Elijah Battle re-opens recruiting. Has yet to graduate JUCO and can't enroll at MN this month. #Gophers needed to move on.

Tweet by Joe Christiansen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That sucks, I'm guessing he would have played a lot next season.

They've been trying to flip a lot of recruits, not just ours. I don't like it because other teams do the dirty work and they swoop in last minute.

Yeah, I always hated it when smarter, better looking, and/or richer guys swooped in and walked away with girls I was hitting on. Life isn't fair!

Maryland is quickly becoming the scumbags of recruiting.

Didn't they just hire a new coach? Maybe I'm wrong on that. But if they have a new coach how else are they suppose to recruit? Just go after guys no one else wanted? Coaches recruit these kids for years, if you are late to the game you'll have to try n poach..

Top Bottom