Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And mobile links suck, as most people on this site are not on mobile for primary viewing.

Has there been a poll on this? If not, it'd be interesting to see what the numbers are on mobile vs PC viewing for Gopherhole.

I'd be shocked if more folks access GH from a PC vs mobile device. Apps like Tapatalk, etc make viewing about 700% more convenient than doing so from the full website interface.

I'd be shocked if more folks access GH from a PC vs mobile device. Apps like Tapatalk, etc make viewing about 700% more convenient than doing so from the full website interface.

I'm not a huge tapatalk fan for whatever reason. Maybe I should give it another shot

Johnson is to much of a playmaker with ball to have on defense in my opinion

Tyler Johnson is impressing at the Semper Fidelis practices.

Top Five Offense
1. Tyler Johnson: As difficult a day as the East offense had, Johnson was a star. Likely to play safety at Minnesota, the Gophers ought to take a look at playing the 6-foot-2, 185-pounder on offense, as he showed a great ability to get open and really good hands. He looked smooth out there.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Semper-Fidelis-Bowl-West-Day-Two-Top-Performers-42417130

I really hope they re-evaluate where they are going to play Tyler Johnson ie, move him to offense as soon as possible and forget about this safety stuff. He could easily be the most important recruit from the area to play for the Gophers in a long time.
This kid just has to much speed and to much game changing ability to make guys miss with the football in his hands. You have to find a way to get the ball in his hands with this type of athlete, and this kid will make game changing types of plays. Put the ball up and he is going to be the guy that comes down with it.
Yeah I think he would be good on defense also, but I think he is just way to talented with the football in his hands to not find a way to utilize his talent on offense. He is such a natural at making people miss or breaking tackles and making athletic plays. Guys with his ability to cut, and make guys miss you have to get them the football in their hands, Tyler Johnson has athleticism in spades. This kid has a lot of "it" factor to him.

I'm not a huge tapatalk fan for whatever reason. Maybe I should give it another shot

Do you have an alternative to Tapatalk to avoid the horrible standard mobile interface?

Do you have an alternative to Tapatalk to avoid the horrible standard mobile interface?

Forum Runner works well except the twitter links never work.

To keep it on topic regarding recruiting, does anyone know if Kasl is a real possibility?

I view the forum on PC during the day, but Tapatalk while on the go.

Unless people only look when they are at work (like me 99% of the time) because I have a life outside of internet forums. Plus there are probably old guys who don't know how to work phones...

I finally downloaded Tapatalk on the advise of someone on the internet. (Spoofin; I'm looking at you!)

I have Tapatalk on my ipad, not a big fan of it. I use Forum Runner on my Samsung Note, and I really like it.

I really hope they re-evaluate where they are going to play Tyler Johnson ie, move him to offense as soon as possible and forget about this safety stuff. He could easily be the most important recruit from the area to play for the Gophers in a long time.
This kid just has to much speed and to much game changing ability to make guys miss with the football in his hands. You have to find a way to get the ball in his hands with this type of athlete, and this kid will make game changing types of plays. Put the ball up and he is going to be the guy that comes down with it.
Yeah I think he would be good on defense also, but I think he is just way to talented with the football in his hands to not find a way to utilize his talent on offense. He is such a natural at making people miss or breaking tackles and making athletic plays. Guys with his ability to cut, and make guys miss you have to get them the football in their hands, Tyler Johnson has athleticism in spades. This kid has a lot of "it" factor to him.

We need talent on D as well. Look to the Mason years on what happens when you put all your talent on the Offensive side of the ball.

Unless people only look when they are at work (like me 99% of the time) because I have a life outside of internet forums. Plus there are probably old guys who don't know how to work phones...

Define "old".

Dang, you sound cool.

There is thirty days until NSD. Is recruiting still in a "dead period"?

There is not much time left for final recruiting rounds and decision on commitments for both players and coaches.

It will stink if you lose commitments the day before NSD, and you don't have your Plan B guys.

The dead period goes through the 13th. The annual coaches convention is always the second weekend of Jan, recruiting visits resume during the following week, it's pretty straight forward.

Forum Runner works well except the twitter links never work. To keep it on topic regarding recruiting, does anyone know if Kasl is a real possibility?
In forum runner, if you click on a post, you can see the Twitter content rendered correctly. Took me about a year to figure that one out.

What is the word on Patrick Kasl? Is MN still in play, or is his commitment solid to Wisc?

MN never offered him. He committed before MN got a chance at offering?

Another question - Are we completely out of the picture for TE Chase Allen?

Any rumors on recruits the new OC might bring with him?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Any rumors on recruits the new OC might bring with him?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I'm not sure that we want any of ULL's commitments. The bigger question is, does his coaching relationships, open doors to recruits that didn't have ULL on their radar, but some how have a connection to Coach Johnson? Maybe a kid he recruitted that turned down ULL but would look at a P5 offer.

What is the word on Patrick Kasl? Is MN still in play, or is his commitment solid to Wisc?

MN never offered him. He committed before MN got a chance at offering?

I hear that both Minnesota and Vanderbilt would like him to flip, but I would be very surprised if he flipped away from Wisconsin at this point!

Another question - Are we completely out of the picture for TE Chase Allen?

247 says Allen is still a take and still in the picture. Says FSU not as big a threat as believed but still leaning Michigan, with Minnesota behind.

Apparently, Jay Johnson played for Allen's dad at Northern Iowa and have maintained good relationship. So could help with Allen. Allen was the first and only Minnesota target Jay Johnson has followed on Twitter since coming aboard, FWIW.

247 says Allen is still a take and still in the picture. Says FSU not as big a threat as believed but still leaning Michigan, with Minnesota behind.

Apparently, Jay Johnson played for Allen's dad at Northern Iowa and have maintained good relationship. So could help with Allen. Allen was the first and only Minnesota target Jay Johnson has followed on Twitter since coming aboard, FWIW.

Johnson coached for his Dad at Kansas, too. Don't count Allen out!

Top Bottom