Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Ball was inbounded from the baseline under the basket where ER was shooting and thrown into the back court. He caught the ball running away from the basket where they were trying to score. Took one dribble and laid it in to the wrong basket. Contrary to the Strib article, there were about 45 seconds left when they threw the ball in, not 20.

(I wasn't there, but saw a video of the play. I don't have a link to the video, but I as sure someone will post one eventually.)

Thanks for the info

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Huge to get Schlueter, Kegel and Coughlin on overnight unpaid for officials this weekend.

The Class of 2016 from Minnesota is definitely living up to the hype with 15 players having picked up D1 offers so far in the recruiting process with 11 picking up FBS offers. Big offers last week were from Minnesota to Armstrong LB Thomas Barber (6'1 225), Michigan offer to Eden Prairie Ath JD Spielman (5'8 180), and Wyoming offer to Becker OL/DL Dillon Radunz (6'6 265). Cooper DB Moses Nyangacha (6'0 190) picked up 3 FCS offers from UNI, SDSU, and South Dakota. Monticello OL Connor Olson (6'5 260) picked up FCS offer from Princeton. And Burnsville OL Benn Olson (6'4 265) picked up FCS offer from SDSU.

Request to all on Gopherhole, if you could review the attached link and let me know if I am missing any player that has D1/D2 potential, it would be much appreciated. Trying to find the big outstate farm boys, but not always the easiest!

http://www.gopherhole.com/page/show/1200023-class-of-2016-minnesota-hs-football-recruits

Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumo...

I can confirm that top in-state OL @samschlueter55 will be joining @matt_kegel & @Cmoe34 on overnight visits to #Minnesota on Saturday.— Ryan Burns (@RyanBurnsGI) March 6, 2015

Huge to get Schlueter, Kegel and Coughlin on overnight unpaid for officials this weekend.

Barber joining them as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AKA "unofficials"

Except these are overnight visits where we will be rolling out red carpet experience for them. A regular unofficial can mean anything like simply going to a basketball game or spring practice for a couple hours. These overnights are very similar to what a recruit would experience for an OV except for the fact that they are unpaid for by the school.

Except these are overnight visits where we will be rolling out red carpet experience for them. A regular unofficial can mean anything like simply going to a basketball game or spring practice for a couple hours. These overnights are very similar to OVs except for the fact that they are unpaid for by the school.

These overnights are very similar to OVs except for the fact that they aren't OVs and are called unofficial visits.

Barber joining them as well.

This could be an epic weekend for the program. Amazing timing as Spring Ball is just starting up, a lot of positive vibes, solid legacy recruits, team building and excitement all around. These guys should get swept up in the moment and either commit on the spot or cement the Gophers as favorites. Any chance Jojo comes down?

Hopefully this rivals last years BBQ where we had a great 'close rate' from attendees to commits.

Let's lock up the borders and keep them away from Deja-vu!

These overnights are very similar to OVs except for the fact that they aren't OVs and are called unofficial visits.

We get it! They are all taking unofficial visits tonight and I think that's been clarified multiple times now. That's not the point these people are trying to get across.

Maybe since Maxx, Cobb and Damien Wilson are in town for their autograph session at Joe Senser's, they'll help dazzle the recruits.

Let's think forward to two years from now. Those guys will be solid NFL contributors, and possibly even become pro bowlers. They played under our current head coach and will no doubt support him by being available during the off season. Depending on where they get drafted, they might even have a weekly interaction with the Gophers staff. Think of a up and comer for a team in the NFL North making starting or making an impact their first year. Future visits will get to meet and talk to a known name in the NFL. They will talk up Kill and really improve his perception amongst these young potential commits.

Maybe i'm thinking too hard about this but I really think these guys will be around to help Kill with bringing more image to the team.

Why wait? just have Eric Decker do it? Marcus Sherels, RaShede, Vereen etc

Let's think forward to two years from now. Those guys will be solid NFL contributors, and possibly even become pro bowlers. They played under our current head coach and will no doubt support him by being available during the off season. Depending on where they get drafted, they might even have a weekly interaction with the Gophers staff. Think of a up and comer for a team in the NFL North making starting or making an impact their first year. Future visits will get to meet and talk to a known name in the NFL. They will talk up Kill and really improve his perception amongst these young potential commits.

Maybe i'm thinking too hard about this but I really think these guys will be around to help Kill with bringing more image to the team.

It's against NCAA rules...

Except these are overnight visits where we will be rolling out red carpet experience for them. A regular unofficial can mean anything like simply going to a basketball game or spring practice for a couple hours. These overnights are very similar to what a recruit would experience for an OV except for the fact that they are unpaid for by the school.

This is an important point. These are not traditional "unofficial" visits where the kids just stop by to visit for a couple hours. We have a group of important in-state recruits that are going to do the things recruits do on "official" visits. I presume they'll all be at the Spring practice tomorrow morning, then stay on campus for their tours, then spend the night with the players and probably attend the basketball game Sunday. Call it what you like, these are not your standard "unofficial" visits and it's a very big deal.

If that were true, then he wouldn't have called Coughlin's visit a charade would he? Stick to your conversations and stay out of **** you know nothing about.

DHG is spot on. I didn't call Coughlin's visit a "charade". On the contrary, I said "If he was an OSU lock, why bother with this charade?". Point being that he's not an OSU lock or he wouldn't be taking this overnight to stay with the players and get a feel for being their teammate.

Carter Coughlin's Mom, Jenny, was talking with Rebecca Kill most of the practice Saturday and he was hanging with Thomas Barber.

I think we're going to get Coughlin, Barber, Kegel, Schlueter and Tyler Johnson to go along with Jojo Garcia.

This class is deep. Spielman has offers from Michigan and Iowa, but not MN at this point.

This class is deep. Spielman has offers from Michigan and Iowa, but not MN at this point.

I'm not sure where Spielman would fit or if we want to invest the time/effort to battle Michigan for a 5'8" slot receiver? Ryan Burns mentions the OL from Forrest Lake in this same caliber of players as well.

Carter Coughlin's Mom, Jenny, was talking with Rebecca Kill most of the practice Saturday and he was hanging with Thomas Barber.

This is a good thing. Mom is the one that needs to be impressed. Well, along with Carter. I like our chances.

Coughlin's Mom having girl time with Rebecca is the best possible situation. RK could be the best recruiter we have - seriously.

This is a good thing. Mom is the one that needs to be impressed. Well, along with Carter. I like our chances.

Agree. I've totally flipped my ultra-jaded Ohio State opinion after hearing details of the visit. I really like Gophers' chances.

Has anyone heard how this went for any of the prospects this weekend other than what's listed above?

Has anyone heard how this went for any of the prospects this weekend other than what's listed above?

You do know that the coaches can't talk about it, don't you? I did notice Ryan Burns posted the following on Gopher Illustrated, "Top in-state recruits Thomas Barber, Sam Schlueter and Matt Kegel took overnight unofficial visits to Minnesota yesterday and recap it with GI." It will cost you to read that article.:cry:

You do know that the coaches can't talk about it, don't you? I did notice Ryan Burns posted the following on Gopher Illustrated, "Top in-state recruits Thomas Barber, Sam Schlueter and Matt Kegel took overnight unofficial visits to Minnesota yesterday and recap it with GI." It will cost you to read that article.:cry:

Won't cost me.

Top Bottom