Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

He had also had a tweet for Gopher fans to look for an important announcement from Tyler Johnson today but it looks like that tweet has been deleted.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Life on the gridiron for Class of 2016 cornerback Kiondre Thomas has been both good and frustrating throughout the season. The Grizzlies have started 1-4 on the season with some injuries at key positions holding the team back. The good news is everyone is healthy and the Fort Smith Northside squad has five games left to make a run at the Arkansas High School Playoffs.

As for action for Thomas on the field – well business has been slow. Few teams dare test the 6’0”, 174 pound, cover corner in the passing game. Teams have tried to slow his down by running his way but that has not worked out well for the opposition either. The best Thomas can do is continue to shut down the wide receiver opposite of him play after play, something he is very good at doing.

The lack of statistics during his senior year is not all that bad. The Fort Smith area native committed to Louisiana Tech on May 18, setting his path forward. Other teams have offered the two-way talent including Arkansas State, Minnesota, Eastern Illinois, Missouri State, Mississippi State, and Tulsa. Thomas has continued interest from a lot of schools including Arkansas, Oklahoma State, Purdue, Vanderbilt, Utah State, and TCU.

You committed to Louisiana Tech fairly early, are there any schools making a really hard push to get you right now?

“I’m staying with Louisiana Tech but Minnesota is really catching my eye. I’m taking an official visit there on Halloween.”

When do you go to Louisiana Tech for your official visit?

“They haven’t said yet. I know all of the commits are supposed to go sometime in January but they haven’t put out the date yet.”

Are there any other schools showing interest in you right now?

“Arkansas and Oklahoma State, they haven’t offered but they are still showing strong interest.”

http://www.recruitingnewsguru.com/i...side-cb-louisiana-tech-commit-kiondre-thomas/

Go Gophers!!

Demry more or less got offered by Penn State. An official offer never was extended because he didn't show them the time of day but according to Burns, he was higher on their list than Tommy Stevens, their 2015 commit, and moved on to him after Demry made it clear to them that he wasn't interested after they showed up to one of his games.

How many scholarships do we have left? 2 or 3?

I have to imagine we take at least 1 DE and possibly a DT. With a RB as an option too.

I have to imagine we take at least 1 DE and possibly a DT. With a RB as an option too.

There is attrition every year. This class will probably be 24-25 players when it's all said and done. DE's and DB's are probably the most glaring needs right now.

According to Ryan Burns this class should be about 22 or 23. That is because there are some "know" transfer in addition to players eligibility being completed. This is a normal occurrence. He does not say who those players are.

According to Ryan Burns this class should be about 22 or 23. That is because there are some "know" transfer in addition to players eligibility being completed. This is a normal occurrence. He does not say who those players are.

What about potential "medical redshirts" among those currently injured? How does that work into the mix?

Worth a recap: 2016 Minnesota Prospect Ranking

Minnesota has commitments from:
  • 10 of the Top 15
  • 7 of the Top 10
  • 4 of the Top 5
Brick by brick, ladies and gentlemen...

Or if you go by 247, we have the top 9 guys in the state although it seems more subjective than Rivals. The Minnesota 247 mod, Kyle Goblirsch, seems to have a lot more influence on player rankings than the Rivals mods.

There is attrition every year. This class will probably be 24-25 players when it's all said and done. DE's and DB's are probably the most glaring needs right now.

That 24-25 would he assuming we have 2 or 3 transfers. We won't have any leaving early for the draft. You really think we'll have that many?

That 24-25 would he assuming we have 2 or 3 transfers. We won't have any leaving early for the draft. You really think we'll have that many?

We have 2-3 transfers like every year. Last year it was Laster, Mattilus, Montgomery and Rhoden-Mckinzy plus both McEvoy's quit the team.

I'd guess the staff is looking to take another 2-3 DBs and another DE for sure probably take a couple other guys too but I would think those are the positions right now they most need to add at.

With Winfield visiting this weekend and then Durr, Thomas, and Smiley all visiting Halloween weekend I would think the DB situation will sort itself out the next couple weeks. The DE situation isn't as clear as it seemed like Terrell Lucas was the top target and he was scheduled to visit on Halloween but that was cancelled. I see current Troy DE commit Terrance Corbett is now scheduled to visit Halloween weekend.

graduated, right? with one year of eligibility left? Don't know if they are still in the TCs. Luke mentioned wanting to teach high school english in MPLS after graduating.

Yes, Mattilus and Montgomery graduated as well and transferred to play at UND I believe.

With Winfield visiting this weekend and then Durr, Thomas, and Smiley all visiting Halloween weekend I would think the DB situation will sort itself out the next couple weeks. The DE situation isn't as clear as it seemed like Terrell Lucas was the top target and he was scheduled to visit on Halloween but that was cancelled. I see current Troy DE commit Terrance Corbett is now scheduled to visit Halloween weekend.

Who says it was cancelled? I believe he is still scheduled to visit.

Antoine Winfield Jr. is no longer visiting this weekend.

Top Bottom