Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

JoJo Garcia will be at the game today according to the Minnesota 247 site.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

gotta say the brick by brick mail campaign is really awesome in my opinion

It's absurd what goes into recruiting these kids. How does any 18 year old kid keep his ego in check with all this fawning?

Any word on who the Gopher staff is looking at for potential QB targets for this class? I would say it's long shot that we will land Seth Green, East Ridge QB. He's on record saying that he almost made his verbal to Oregon when he visited a few weeks back. The helmet schools are all over him. We need to find a playmaker QB sooner then later.

Any word on who the Gopher staff is looking at for potential QB targets for this class? I would say it's long shot that we will land Seth Green, East Ridge QB. He's on record saying that he almost made his verbal to Oregon when he visited a few weeks back. The helmet schools are all over him. We need to find a playmaker QB sooner then later.

Likely better to look for a transfer or JC guy. Lots of playing time to sell here with no real competition and the rest of the team is pretty decent. We could be looking at 8-10 wins next year with a legit transfer and even better the year after.

There does appear to be some interest in this kid.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Todd-Mays-160623

Not sure how accurate it is, that there is mutual interest, but at least it appears to be the case. The Gopher's haven't offered yet but it will be interesting to see what happens the rest of the year with our current QB's and to see if he takes a visit. He's also a December graduate so that could make them more interested than a typical JUCO QB.

Mays is a running back, look at his stats he has attempted 6 passes in 3 games, and has carried far more. I really hope we could find a STARTING quaterback from the JUCO ranks not a backup/running back

Not sure how accurate it is, that there is mutual interest, but at least it appears to be the case. The Gopher's haven't offered yet but it will be interesting to see what happens the rest of the year with our current QB's and to see if he takes a visit. He's also a December graduate so that could make them more interested than a typical JUCO QB.

Judging from his 2013 stats, he appeared to be more of a runner than a passer, which IMO doesn't really help us

He looks better than mitch?

Yep, definitely did not look at his stats. Only sorted by Dual Threat QB's. My bad!

2x more rushing yards than passing yards in 2013. Should fit right in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

great interview chris, obviously after reading that its hard not to feel optimistic about his recruitment.

Go Gophers!!

I went up to Elk River to check out their game vs Champlin Park. Elk River runs the ball 99.9% of the time and I wanted to see their offense and QB Trent Pink. I only saw 2 passes, both incomplete, but the Pink kid can go. He ended up running for 4 TD's and is tied for the state lead in rushing TD's. His twitter said he was at the Iowa State game on Saturday for an unofficial visit. Here's a link to his page; http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1930045/highlights/168303378

I'm looking forward to watching Carter Coughlin from Eden Prairie, next week. Has anyone had a chance to watch Armstrong's Tommy Barber play? I need to make it to one of his games, as well.

Go Gophers!!

I think Coughlin is the best player in Minnesota in the class of 2016. He's been getting more steam lately but he was flying under the radar a bit with Green and to a lesser extent Garcia getting so much attention.

Seth Green "liked" bleacher reports tweet about Oregon's jerseys last night. I'm still holding out a little bit of hope. No way would he want to go to a school that has 2 4 star qbs in front of him?!?!

Seth Green "liked" bleacher reports tweet about Oregon's jerseys last night. I'm still holding out a little bit of hope. No way would he want to go to a school that has 2 4 star qbs in front of him?!?!

The last week couldn't have hurt....Gophers take down Michigan and get the Jug and Oregon falls to Arizona - maybe it shows the grass isn't always greener :)

The grass will be greener in Oregon in all sense of the word. :cool02:

I still think Green ends up picking Oregon but it is at least somewhat encouraging that the staff will have a chance to make one last push when he visits Saturday.

I'm a little encouraged at having a shot at Green after reading that article, he seems to like the Gophs and we were his first offer.

East Ridge (5-0, ranked # 4 in the state) plays Mounds View (5-0, ranked # 5 in the state) on Friday night. Gophers should put on a full court press and send as many coaches as the NCAA allows. I have a faint memory of someone posting about a three-coach limit per game and one game per year. If so, send Kill - Limegrover - Zebrowski.

If said limit, doesn't exist send 5+ coaches.

I hope the student section gives him the same type of treatment Saturday they gave Jarvis when he visited. Chant his name as soon as he steps out of the tunnel and at least make sure he knows how much the fans want him to stay home.

Top Bottom