Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Why does he sound like an ND lock? If he was that interested in the Irish, you'd think he would have put them
In his top 5. After all, both WI and IA have not offered, and yet they are in his top 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are probably just closer to offering and are showing stronger interest. A while ago he said committing on the spot when he visits was a possibility if they offer and he has visited more than once.

They are probably just closer to offering and are showing stronger interest. A while ago he said committing on the spot when he visits was a possibility if they offer and he has visited more than once.

Thank you for the info for multiple visits and quote about accepting an ND on the spot if offered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I take it as a good sign that Coughlin and Kegel are both attending spring practice.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What's the prevailing word on Elk River QB Trent Pink? He looks athletic and fast in his highlight video, but I didn't see him him pass much. Gopherhole just did an article on his recruitment. Also, any thoughts/words about Sean Engel, WR Chaska potentially being a Gopher? Both look like good athletes that we could use. 2016 class is loaded.

Here's the Film on Hess. He hasn't been offered yet. The kid isn't a speedster (4.82), but has a good arm and looks to be able to throw on the run fairly accurately. As far as throwing tight spirals: not since AggieVision have I seen worse camera work so this is an unknown.

Schlueter recieved an offer from Louisville yesterday.

Nice!

Lots of early commitments this year. 2 things. 1) - I've seen Kills comments regarding limiting early offers and wanting to find the late bloomer types, which leads me to point 2. 2) The staff must have a evaluation of these kids to take this many early. They may seem like no-brainers to us, but there probably isn't a 'no-brainer' to the staff.

Wonder if it's another MN prospect?

Nice!

Lots of early commitments this year. 2 things. 1) - I've seen Kills comments regarding limiting early offers and wanting to find the late bloomer types, which leads me to point 2. 2) The staff must have a evaluation of these kids to take this many early. They may seem like no-brainers to us, but there probably isn't a 'no-brainer' to the staff.

Wonder if it's another MN prospect?

I think it's different with Minnesota kids...more urgency to keep momentum in state. They have seen these kids in person either at camps or games. They have had multiple unofficial visits on campus. Etc Etc and Minnesota often only has 4 or 5 candidates and a couple eliminate themselves to Notre Dame, Ohio State etc. but this year there are double figure prospects in Minnesota. We need to do more background on kids from around the country than the familiarity of local kids and relationships of the MN HS coaches by now as well. Hence MN kids faster decisions to keep it rolling in state.

FWIW the latest flips on the crystal ball are both for Spielman

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Great to get some good news. Iowa/Wisconsin have gotten early commits from in state kids with regularity in the past. This is a nice step for our program to not have to work for every single in state kid all the way through visit season.

Go Gophers!!

Would love to sweep the top 10 in state kids this year. Feel like they all could be contributors in some way shape or form. Great start so far

Great to get some good news. Iowa/Wisconsin have gotten early commits from in state kids with regularity in the past. This is a nice step for our program to not have to work for every single in state kid all the way through visit season.

You got it. Kids have a reason to stay now. This is a huge shift.

Does Kamal Martin have the athletic ability to play a different position at the D1 level? I dont have any first hand knowledge but I've read others opinions that he isn't a D1 QB prospect.

Does Kamal Martin have the athletic ability to play a different position at the D1 level? I dont have any first hand knowledge but I've read others opinions that he isn't a D1 QB prospect.

Personally I'm much more impressed with his arm strength than anything athletically with him. He isn't like Tyler Johnson or Howard. He had a terrible stat line last year so hopefully if we don't offer him at camp or get another QB he drastically improves those numbers next year.

Top Bottom