Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

per Sid:

Spielman on recruiting

Vikings General Manager Rick Spielman has found himself involved in recruiting with his family after all these years recruiting future NFL players.

Spielman went through the recruiting process with one son, Ronnie, a lacrosse standout at Eden Prairie High School now playing that sport at Ohio State.

Now Rick Spielman is in the same position with a younger son, J.D., who played all positions on the football field at Eden Prairie but is being looked at by some schools as a slot wide receiver.

What is it like for Spielman to be on the other side of things?

“I am pretty blessed to have a pretty unique position where I know most of these head coaches around the country,” said Spielman, adding that he would tell the coaches he didn’t like the nonsense that comes with recruiting: “Either you’re interested in my son or you’re not and there’s no hard feelings if you’re not, just like in my business.

“I like to be direct and to the point, and if it works out fine I’m fine, and if it doesn’t I’m fine as well. J.D., as a bragging father, is pretty talented athletically and he works extremely hard. He’s working out four days a week right now, just coming off a lacrosse season, and he’s pretty talented there. I just told him to focus on getting himself better and going into his senior year to have a great senior year. We’ll let the process take its course.”

http://www.startribune.com/rick-pitino-praises-wolves-towns-as-complete-player/310368501/

Go Gophers!!

Ouch. I'm sure that Kill would find a place for him if Oregon pulled the offer.

First Schlichte now Green. It's odd that Minnesota high school qbs seem to get big-time attention their junior years then fall back as seniors.

First Schlichte now Green. It's odd that Minnesota high school qbs seem to get big-time attention their junior years then fall back as seniors.

It's tough to argue that Schlichte had big-time attention, given that he had zero Division I offers - not even FCS.

Agreed. Someone will need to back up Croft down the line.

I don't think he wants to play for the Gophers... He seem to have ambition of getting into a big time program to get him into the NFL.

Will he have the right attitude to put in the hard work and get into competition with Streveler, Perra, Rhoda, Poljan, and Croft? Or will he rather do that at Oregon? Going to HS in Allen Texas was a wake up call on the competition at a higher level.

Haven't heard anything on Jeremiah Moon in awhile. I know about a month ago on here it was said we made his top 4. Anybody hear anything new lately?

Breck WR Ramaud Chakio-Bowman who the gophers offered last week committed to Northwestern today

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Will they now offer Drew Hmielewski?

Doubt it. We were impressed with Drew but need to see him again. Plus we only plan on taking 2 WR's this class. Phil Howard is one, the other will probably be De'Andre Huff or Bailey Edwards.

Go Gophers!!

Iowa started slow and suddenly have 20! I smell a trail of old, musty patriots running loose.

Go Gophers!!

Quantity and not necessarily quality. Average # of stars on Rivals for Iowa's class is 2.63, good for 2nd last in the conference. Minnesota is at an even 3.00, good for 7th.

Foster recruiting Tre

Quantity and not necessarily quality. Average # of stars on Rivals for Iowa's class is 2.63, good for 2nd last in the conference. Minnesota is at an even 3.00, good for 7th.
Exactly, looking at 247, we have 143.23 points with 11 commitments or 13.02 points each, Iowa has 165.23 points with 20 or 8.26 each. If you add in our coaches ability to identify and coach up talent there's no contest.

CB Antoine Winfield Jr (some of you might know his dad) will be visiting for the BBQ. He said he was already gonna be town to visit with his Eden Prairie buddies carter and JD who he went to school with while he lived here when his dad was a viking. He doesn't have an offer yet but is crazy athletic.

Yes! His dad was basically another Tyrone Carter type Defensive Back. Not a very big guy but if a team ran to his side of the field, he would make the tackle. Period. No gain.

Top 250 RB on 247. I actually think we can get him with that top 5. Foster is actively recruiting him on twitter and he is on Coughlin's Opening team so you know he will recruit him too. Says he will visit.

CB Antoine Winfield Jr (some of you might know his dad) will be visiting for the BBQ. He said he was already gonna be town to visit with his Eden Prairie buddies carter and JD who he went to school with while he lived here when his dad was a viking. He doesn't have an offer yet but is crazy athletic.

My friend's kid will be playing QB on the same team as Antoine Winfield (The Woodlands High School) and I have watched him in spring ball and some 7 on 7 this summer. Antoine is a very nice player and would be a great get for the Gophers, but I just dont see that happening.

How do we get RB Rakeem Boyd from Stratford High School to MN for the BBQ? The dude is an absolute beast, surprised he hasnt been offered.

My friend's kid will be playing QB on the same team as Antoine Winfield (The Woodlands High School) and I have watched him in spring ball and some 7 on 7 this summer. Antoine is a very nice player and would be a great get for the Gophers, but I just dont see that happening.

How do we get RB Rakeem Boyd from Stratford High School to MN for the BBQ? The dude is an absolute beast, surprised he hasnt been offered.

Why don't you think the Gophers could get Winfield? Boyd has a lot more suitors than Winfield does.

Top Bottom