Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Boyd's highlight reel looks great! That would be a nice get for the Gophs.

Boyd's highlight reel looks great! That would be a nice get for the Gophs.

Rakeem Boyd is an absolute stud. How he isnt a five star RB is beyond me! I have watched the young man play since he was started playing little league football and he has always been the best player on the field, bar none. For those of you who don't know, Rakeem plays at Stratford High School in Houston, Texas at the 5A level. Yes, the same Stratford that produced Andrew Luck and Craig James. Now we need to start pushing hard on their rising Sophomore QB Mark Murdock and get him up to Minnesota. Let's hope Rakeem settles on Minnesota, would truly be an unbelievable get. Go Gophers!

Eastridge's illegal recruiting is why Cretin Derham Hall has gone from an elite program to a solid program. Elite players from tough economic situations & piss poor football programs would find their ways to CDH on scholarships, just as Garcia did in the past, but those players began choosing Eastridge or even leaving CDH for Eastridge, as Garcia did. It clearly wasn't for better coaching, national exposure, a better conference or facilities. It makes me wonder what exactly it was? It's interesting that Garcia, Seth Green & the WR Cline (Sp?) all seemed to bail out at about the same time. Seems like they knew the jig was up.

It is my understanding that Jo Jo did not leave CDH voluntarily. CDH also lost another stud (Brian Lankford-Johnson) due to issues that I will not get in to here.

Unfortunate.

Rakeem Boyd is an absolute stud. How he isnt a five star RB is beyond me! I have watched the young man play since he was started playing little league football and he has always been the best player on the field, bar none. For those of you who don't know, Rakeem plays at Stratford High School in Houston, Texas at the 5A level. Yes, the same Stratford that produced Andrew Luck and Craig James. Now we need to start pushing hard on their rising Sophomore QB Mark Murdock and get him up to Minnesota. Let's hope Rakeem settles on Minnesota, would truly be an unbelievable get. Go Gophers!

It looks like he hasn't line up favorites yet. I will believe we have a fighting chance if we upset TCU, and he schedules a visit. Right now it is all pipe dreams.

Snelson and Boyd would be big time gets. I've got my fingers crossed.

Rakeem Boyd recently visited U of Houston and came away with very favorable impressions of coach Tom Hermann and the new football facilities. Momma would love to have him close to home. He is visiting Texas aTm on an unofficial visit this week. I dont think he is real close to making a decision.

Rakeem Boyd recently visited U of Houston and came away with very favorable impressions of coach Tom Hermann and the new football facilities. Momma would love to have him close to home. He is visiting Texas aTm on an unofficial visit this week. I dont think he is real close to making a decision.

Well hopefully momma is able to come with Rakeem if he decides to visit Minnesota. Parents usually love Coach Kill.

Thanks for the updates! It's always nice getting some insight to these prospects from people who are from the area.

I don't remember the last time I was at a Halloween game, cannot comment on whether it was awesome or not.

It was an announced sell-out (50,805). I can confirm that the atmosphere was electric. Student Section was over the top.

Would put that game in the top 5 of all-time.

Minnesota Football Recruiting: The Empire Class By GopherNation

Nice article and list with the status of Minnesota high school players.

"The 2016 class of Minnesota high school athletes is deep and talented. Maybe deeper and more talented than any we have seen in decades. Gopher Football has traditionally had a problem keeping in-state talent. The cream of the crop, who had options to go to any school in the country, would most often choose those other schools. Notre Dame, Ohio State, Miami, Oregon, Alabama and other blue-chip programs have routinely taken the best this state has had to offer over the past few decades. But that is changing with the 2016 Empire Class."

http://www.thedailygopher.com/2015/...l-recruiting-the-empire-class-carter-coughlin

It was an announced sell-out (50,805). I can confirm that the atmosphere was electric. Student Section was over the top.

Would put that game in the top 5 of all-time.

I do know I was at the OSU Halloween game based on my pockets having a ticketstub and all....

I don't remember being there was my point.

The thing that excites me most about this is you've got a great upcoming season to look forward to and future season to be really excited for. Minnesota desperately needs a new generation of students and younger generations to get excited about Gopher Saturdays. It's not flash in the pan, its exciting to see where this is going and a foundation you want to invest into even more.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I'm really liking these Daniels Twins. They have a lot of enthusiasm and are not only keyed in on next year, but recruiting as well. Dee Snelson would be a good get. October 31st will be huge.

Who so far will be visitors on October 31st?

Elisha Daniels
Elijah Daniels
Dee Snelson
Coney Durr
Simeon Smiley

I'm really liking these Daniels Twins. They have a lot of enthusiasm and are not only keyed in on next year, but recruiting as well. Dee Snelson would be a good get. October 31st will be huge.

Elisha Daniels
Elijah Daniels
Dee Snelson
Coney Durr
Simeon Smiley

Getting a solid Florida pipeline going could be the catalyst towards making that next step.

Eastridge's illegal recruiting is why Cretin Derham Hall has gone from an elite program to a solid program. Elite players from tough economic situations & piss poor football programs would find their ways to CDH on scholarships, just as Garcia did in the past, but those players began choosing Eastridge or even leaving CDH for Eastridge, as Garcia did. It clearly wasn't for better coaching, national exposure, a better conference or facilities. It makes me wonder what exactly it was? It's interesting that Garcia, Seth Green & the WR Cline (Sp?) all seemed to bail out at about the same time. Seems like they knew the jig was up.

I don't think the two are directly related. So many Cretin kids have gone on to play at premier programs that there is some myth that Cretin has dominated MN HS football. It's simply not true. CDH is not a big school and they can't really build their program through the youth program (like Eden Prairie).

Cretin did really well during open enrollment (I believe it ended in like 04).

Most likely, Cretin is where they are now due to natural ebbs and flows for a program like CDH.

Elisha Daniels
Elijah Daniels
Dee Snelson
Coney Durr
Simeon Smiley

247sports says Martell Pettaway is also scheduled to visit same day. Wonder if Dana Holgorsen pulls his offer:

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Martell-Pettaway-27136/RecruitInterests

I was pretty skeptical of Snelson's interest in us initially but GI just had an article with him and I think we are going to have a legitimate shot. He said that he talks to the Daniels twins "every day" about playing at Minnesota. He also said that playing time and fit are going to be the biggest determinants in his decision. He said that he wants to go to a school that needs him rather than wants him and is looking for a family atmosphere. Sound like something we could provide? I would sure think so. He also said that he plans on deciding on December 3rd (his mom's birthday) so this one has a while to go. Per Snelson, us, Miami and Michigan are probably the hardest after him right now.

Just looked up the kid's highlight film and it is extremely impressive (although the camera operator isn't).

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/athlete/2582111/highlights/217587377' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Benefits of signing a solid local core.

Swing big Jerry

Gotta start the season right. Tons of momentum from a Solid showing vs tcu. Probably can survive a loss, as long as it's competitive. Imagine if we win!!

Benefits of signing a solid local core.

Swing big Jerry

Gotta start the season right. Tons of momentum from a Solid showing vs tcu. Probably can survive a loss, as long as it's competitive. Imagine if we win!!

This is SO true. It also makes our available scholarships more exclusive, and that puts players who are sincerely interested in us on notice. It's a great spot for our program to be in.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom