Other B1G Games Thread

Big party in Nebraska. The best atmosphere I've seen in a big 10 game

I have no problem hoping the BADgers win but only for tonight. Electric atmosphere in Lincoln but a pretty experienced Wisconsin team should hopefully be able to handle it.

Nebraska's crowd is going nuts at the refs for no particular reason.. It is like a young energized kohl center in there (as judged from my couch).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's amazing how underwhelming Koenig has been for Wisconsin this year. He was a highly touted 4-star PG and was even recruited and offered by North Carolina. He really hasn't had any better of a year than McNeil.

Nebraska's crowd is going nuts at the refs for no particular reason.. It is like a young energized kohl center in there (as judged from my couch).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In their defense, much of what Wisconsin does looks like pass interference or offsides.

Nebraska is a good team right now...

Nebraska is a good team right now...
Nebraska has looked pretty good but Wisconsin has committed a number of unforced errors and has been really bad defensively letting Nebraska get in the lane way too easy.

Why are they going to storm the court? I thought they we're expecting to win this game... And now they are the #4 team in the Big Ten and have a bye in the BTT.

They can't help us once, just once???

Of course not. They were up four at the line, missed both and fell apart. Screw 'em. Congrats to Tim Miles. He's a hell of a coach. Way to screw yourself out of a #1 seed Bucky.

Wife went to UNL, and bucky is bucky, so there is no way I can cheer for that bunch of a-holes to help us out with a bid.

Got to give credit to Nebraska as much as it pains me. I thought that program was a safe bet to remain in Northwestern/Penn State tier of the B1G for eternity. They needed 11 wins in the Big Ten to get in a 68 team field, and they managed to get them by winning at MSU and then at home against a Wisconsin team that should have had aspirations for a number 1 seed in the dance.

I am amazed at how good of a player Petteway is for being a lightly regarded transfer from Texas Tech. Not since Dusty Rychart have the Gophers had a lightly regarded kid (and he was a walk on) turn out to be a big time B1G player. The recent success of Iowa (Aaron White, Roy Devyn Marble) and now Nebraska (Petteway and others) has come because they've gotten lucky with a player or two who's become much better than anyone imagined. All of these Nebraska kids still have two more years of eligibility, so that program won't go back to being a layup in the near future.

Tim Miles has done a tremendous job at Nebraska. I knew they weren't going to finish last this year, but 4th place is a terrific achievement for them and makes him well-deserving of COY all things considered.

On the flipside, Matt Painter's Purdue club with another discouraging loss. Painter should find himself on the hot seat this time next season if there isn't improvement.

Got to give credit to Nebraska as much as it pains me. I thought that program was a safe bet to remain in Northwestern/Penn State tier of the B1G for eternity. They needed 11 wins in the Big Ten to get in a 68 team field, and they managed to get them by winning at MSU and then at home against a Wisconsin team that should have had aspirations for a number 1 seed in the dance.

I am amazed at how good of a player Petteway is for being a lightly regarded transfer from Texas Tech. Not since Dusty Rychart have the Gophers had a lightly regarded kid (and he was a walk on) turn out to be a big time B1G player. The recent success of Iowa (Aaron White, Roy Devyn Marble) and now Nebraska (Petteway and others) has come because they've gotten lucky with a player or two who's become much better than anyone imagined. All of these Nebraska kids still have two more years of eligibility, so that program won't go back to being a layup in the near future.

I'm hoping Carlos Morris will be our Petteway next year.

I tried to cheer for the Badgers, but I like Miles and the Huskers too much, and I ended up pulling for them. They wouldn't be stealing a bid from the Gophers the way I look at it; they've earned their way in. The Gophers need to take care of their own business.

The Badgers went down their normal way. Don't defend the paint and miss shots from downtown. They are such a jump shooting team. Anyone with a post player and a quick guard should give them fits all the time. The one time I saw Kaminisky go into the post, he looked completely lost. On the flip side, they are tough to beat if their outside shooting is on and you settle for an outside shot. Kind of a captain obvious post, I know, but you have to get inside and defend the perimeter and they are very beatable.

Disappointed in Michigan State

I know Sparty is still trying to get healthy, but I'm about to give up on them being a potential national titleist for the the Big Ten. Unless I see Sparty win back-to-back games in Indy -- something they haven't done since Jan. 18 & 21 -- can't see them being anything more than a Sweet 16 team. No consistency of performance. There's a ton of talent there, but it just seems like it's never going to gel.

I tried to cheer for the Badgers, but I like Miles and the Huskers too much, and I ended up pulling for them. They wouldn't be stealing a bid from the Gophers the way I look at it; they've earned their way in. The Gophers need to take care of their own business.

A basketball school located in Lincoln, Nebraska. That'll add a lot of TV sets to BTN. Good move Delany.:rolleyes:

Painter should find himself on the hot seat this time next season if there isn't improvement.

I raised this at the beginning of the season and the Purdue guy basically scoffed at me. I honestly don't think Painter is going to last much longer ... the Hummel teams set the bar high right away, perhaps unrealistically ... Painter seems like a good but not great coach, and the competition in the conference is at a very high level right now with so many programs seeming to have the "right" coach in place. Some teams have to finish in the bottom third, and when it's teams that aren't used to it the fans get mad quickly. It'll be hard for them to finish last again, but also hard to see a big jump with that group of players.

A basketball school located in Lincoln, Nebraska. That'll add a lot of TV sets to BTN. Good move Delaney.:rolleyes:

Indeed.

Second season in Lincoln and Miles has already achieved a conference finish higher than either Monson or Smith ever did here in 14 years.* Just remarkable.

*Gophers did tie for fourth in 2005 but shared it with Indiana and got the #5 BTT seed. So gotta give Dan credit for that.

Indeed.

Second season in Lincoln and Miles has already achieved a conference finish higher than either Monson or Smith ever did here in 14 years.* Just remarkable.

*Gophers did tie for fourth in 2005 but shared it with Indiana and got the #5 BTT seed. So gotta give Dan credit for that.

Now I'm depressed.

Top Bottom